PDA

View Full Version : [Manchester] -Locked - Player records night

27-07-2006, 10:39 PM

Friday 11th August 2006
£8 OTD / £6 b4 11

Email for £6 reduced entry

Jon Nuccle(Red Seal, Core)
Ignition Technitian (Pirate Audio, Primate)
Mark Turner (Orbit, Sequence)

Residents Jay Knight and Dj Ad Rayner

Joshua Brookes, Charles st, Off Oxford rd, Manchester.

For more info go to / contact us at:
www.lockedrecords.co.uk / lockedrecords@hotmail.com

http://www.humanshield.co.uk/locked/locked-2month.gif

Here is a little map to show you where Joshua Brookes is in relation to the other venues we have been at :

http://www.humanshield.co.uk/locked/joshua-map/map.gif

Jon Nuccle Red Seal, Core

Jon Nuccle (aka Red Tide, Krimewave, Infamous Player), the UK's undisputed 909 King, has been producing some of the best Hip Hop, Techno, House and Electro music on the planet for over 13 years now, during which time, he has remained at the cutting edge of the underground music scene. Starting with his first release as D-Kontrol through Frank De Wulf's Two Thumbs label in 93, and including over a hundred subsequent releases under numerous monikers (incl. Cold Dust, Red Tide, Player etc), Nuccle's music has been consistantly both challenging and uncompromising. Through his three electronic labels Red Seal, Player, and Core, he has produced some of the sickest Techno music on the planet. And his newest label, Krimewave, is poised to set the underground Hip Hop scene on fire, with some of the realest Hip Hop heard anywhere in years. As a DJ, Nuccle is second to none, cutting and mixing trax with great skill, style and finesse, rocking the dancefloors of the world's premier clubs, including La Real (Spain), Techstylism (Stockholm), The Orbit (Leeds) and Tresor (Berlin). Nuccle's live sets (wether playing as Cold Dust or Red Tide or as Player ) are also legendary in the Techno underground, never failing to tear up the floor, wherever and whenever he performs. As well as being a pioneer of the UK underground sound, Nuccle also produces Hip Hop for various labels, including his own Krimewave imprint, and has worked with some of the world's premiere underground MCs including Wu Tang Killer Beez Timbo King and Shabazz The Disciple, Estee Nack, SC's Dan Johns and DC's Mercury Waters.

Ignition Technitian (Pirate Audio/ Primate)

Ignition Technician aka Richard Wilkinson is from and based in Leeds (u.k), working as a DJ and producer for the U.K's legendary Orbit club Wilko honed his skills with dynamic DJ sets and live performances. The legendary nights at the Orbit club launched Ignition Technician on to the world circuit, playing all over Europe plus tours to Brazil, Australia, Japan and the USA.
Wilko started out as a sound engineer for the world famous Cream club, which led to him playing back to back with Paul(chunky)Bleasdale in the Cream back room. During his time at Cream Wilko looked after artists such as Carl Cox, Dave Clarke, DJ Sasha, Underworld, Daft Punk, Bassment Jaxx and Chemical Brothers as well as been Paul Okenfold's personal soundman for a year. Wilko went on to work for other top uk club nights including Bugged Out and then the Orbit.
Ignition Technician's Productions have been championed by the electronic underground as well as the dance music elite, it was Carl Cox who discovered Ignition technician in 1999 and was the first DJ to play early productions from dub plates. Soon other DJ's including Dave Clarke, Laurent Garnier, Joey Beltram, Billy Nasty as well as more surprising fans including Pete Tong, Judge Jules, Jon Peel and Colin Murry where soon spinning Ignition productions week in week out, this led to Wilko appearing as a guest on MTV's Dance Floor Chart as well as regular visits to BBC Radio One for live and DJ performances.
Wilko started his Ignition Technician project in 1999 with best mate and production partner Pete Simpson, though the two often work on there own separate projects they remain mutual confidents on all things musical. Wilko fly's the Ignition Technician flag on the club circuit with his DJ skills and solo live sets. Pete and Wilko plan to come together for a live world tour, planned for 2007. Ignition Technician's productions have a techno-based sound that looks to any source of inspiration and is open to all influences of music. Unafraid of boundary's and other peoples opinions of what techno should sound like, Wilko puts together DJ tools for his own use, holding firm to the old cliché "I make music that I like, if other people like it then that's a bonus". Wilko is owner and producer of his own labels Pirate Audio, Notorious North and Dj Special Needs.
Wilko also co-owns the Orbit clubs highly respected label Player with Red Seal Records boss Jon Nuccle and Eastern Bloc records manager Mark Turner. Wilko also owns Ignition records with best friend Pete Simpson. Producing as Wilko, Player and ignition technician has built up a massive fan base world wide, and led to releases for high profile labels such as Primate, Tortured, Tronic, Potential, Audio, Planet Rhythm and wedafuqawi to name a few.
Ignition Technician has worked with producers including the Advent, Space DJ's, Angel Alanis, Glenn Wilson, Cave, Marko Nastic, Jel Ford, DJ Bam Bam, DJ Urban, Rino Cerrone, mark Antonio, Mike Humphries, Trevor Rockcliffe,DJ Preach and DJ Misjah. Ignition Technician is currently working with Therimin management(UK) which became Archetype in 2004 and DJ Misjah's agency Rerun bookings(Belgium) Ignition Technician has showcased his original style around the world djing on every continent with the exception of Antarctica, Wilko holds the Australian record for gigs in one tour with ten shows! the record was previously held by Carl Cox with nine, this success had made Ignition technician one of the most sort after dj's in the sub continent and Asia.

Mark Turner(Orbit/ Sequence)

Mark is one of the UK's longest standing techno Djs. He was the resident Dj at the infamous Orbit techno night, held in Morley, Leeds, first playing in the backroom before being made the resident in the main room due to his extensive skills on the turntables. He has played out at some of the biggest techno parties in the UK and co-runs the Player imprint along with Jon Nuccle. You’ll also find Mark behind the counter at one of Manchester’s longest standing and best record shops, Eastern Bloc, where he works full time.

A true multi-skilled Dj, he’s played at Locked, Sequence and Computer Controlled many times over the last twelve months, headlining Sankeys closing party and Sequence in December, busting out a booty/ghetto tek set that could have come straight outta Detroit.
We have huge respect for Mark here at locked and eagerly await his return !

The Overfiend
28-07-2006, 12:06 AM
This is definitely going to jump off!

nick_anarchy
28-07-2006, 09:27 AM
****in right Ignition Technitian ... im havin this

Technobitch
28-07-2006, 10:04 AM
its sure to be another quality night provided by the locked boys!

Frank Dogshit
28-07-2006, 10:38 AM
lookin reet.....

very orbit esque!

Matt Blak
28-07-2006, 12:13 PM
sweet as...........make sure you show your support ;)

the more the merrier init

see you there :)

Technobitch
28-07-2006, 12:26 PM
as long as i get a sitter for my niece ill be there!!!!!!!!

Frank Dogshit
28-07-2006, 12:27 PM
just chuck her in the creche with botty!

Technobitch
28-07-2006, 12:38 PM
ha ha ha she is a mini me she would rip him apart

she is 12, do you think thats a good age to get her into pounders, the poor girl is missguided at the moment and seems to be into her rnb :sick:

nick_anarchy
28-07-2006, 01:38 PM
im sure u will sort it dawn .. missed the past 2 locked due to funds and holiday .. defo not missing this mofo

jay .. do u still want the laughin gas ? as u did pester my gf about it at nuclear audio ...

o and btw u want me to uploads this nice video of u wasted in the vip hehe .. good old gurn & swing haha

Technobitch
28-07-2006, 01:39 PM
upload it! his public need to see it he he he

nick_anarchy
28-07-2006, 01:44 PM
u in work ? my ftp aint workin so cant uploads can send it over msn hehe

Technobitch
28-07-2006, 01:57 PM
yeah im in work

retox
28-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Get in....my first locked in a year!!! Can't believe i'm gonna actually be going to this one!!! Get back home 2 days before...see ya all there!!! :D

fitipaldi
28-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Residents Jay Knight and Dj Ad Rayner

Not THE Dj Ad Rayner??

Frank Dogshit
28-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Get in....my first locked in a year!!! Can't believe i'm gonna actually be going to this one!!! Get back home 2 days before...see ya all there!!! :D

lookin forward to seein ya danny boy!!!!

nice little homecoming rave off! :cheese:

you in thailand you ladyboy straddler?? ;)

retox
29-07-2006, 03:02 PM
yeh, did you get my email? sent ya one yesterday!

Roxy Trip
31-07-2006, 04:20 PM
player records night !!! yay !! cant wait for this!

il be dragging loads up from wales for this one too hopefully ! :twisted: :cheese:

Frank Dogshit
31-07-2006, 05:29 PM
yeh, did you get my email? sent ya one yesterday!

yeah mate i did. good lad. :cheese:

The Overfiend
31-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Will this be recorded?
I want to hear that Nuccle set!

Technobitch
01-08-2006, 09:54 AM
babysitter sorted and iv beeen on the blag so there should be a fair few making the mission up from wales for this!!!!

cant wait now!!!

nick_anarchy
01-08-2006, 09:55 AM
babysitter sorted and iv beeen on the blag so there should be a fair few making the mission up from wales for this!!!!

cant wait now!!!
good girl !!

told 1 or 2 so far my way all both up for it wait and see he rest of the goats so should be a few of us as normal

Technobitch
01-08-2006, 09:59 AM
yeah wicked, its karl hc and technic al's birthdays that weekend so they are all well up for it! should be a good turn out

retox
09-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Looking forward to this more than you could believe!!! Just got back to sunny ol' england a few hours back, feels strange to say the least!!! So who's out for this then??!!!!

Frank Dogshit
09-08-2006, 05:22 PM
good lad tapers!

whats goin on? you goin back home first? pop round ours if you can,you still aint been round yet.

see you friday whatever the case.

fitipaldi
09-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Now then tape gun, give me a ring lar, don't have your number!

kret
09-08-2006, 07:48 PM
well looking forward to this not seen these boys together since the orbit . well looking forward to dj ad rayner to what a sick bastard he is !

retox
10-08-2006, 08:21 AM
I dont have a fone yet, so can't give ya my number, and also dont have your numbers, so what are they as i'll need em, pm me or summet!
I'm in warrington at the mo, will be coming to manc tomorrow tho, i'll come round yours whenever ya get bcak in from work or summet, let us know!!! See ya then!!! :dance:

Technobitch
10-08-2006, 11:33 AM
welcome back boyo! see you on friday for some serious locked sickness :hammered:

Frank Dogshit
10-08-2006, 11:52 AM
lookin forward to it!

need to let off some steam!

Technobitch
10-08-2006, 04:47 PM

cant wait now!!!

i take that back, my 'mates' from wales, well some of them appear to have now made other plans :rambo:

not to panic ill still be there to represent as usual :techno:

10-08-2006, 07:34 PM
lookin forward to it!

need to let off some steam!

Let off some steam Winnet

Technobitch
14-08-2006, 09:56 AM
omg how good was locked on friday! i had a wicked time!!!! the techno was spot on, as expected! and the atmosphere in the place was great, cant wait for the next one now!

well done lads!

Frank Dogshit
14-08-2006, 10:57 AM
aye good lads!

another great locked! Jon Nuccle was the highlight for me,absolute poundin set!

extremely excited about the next one with Mark Williams!

Technobitch
14-08-2006, 11:10 AM
mark turner = wicked set, and highly entertaining with his balloons
jon nuccle = ****ing spot on, i even mamaged to get him on the dance floor for a bit after his set, good lad!!
ignition technition = better then i expected, wicked set, nice guy

all round quality night

Frank Dogshit
14-08-2006, 04:50 PM
the music certainly did build well all night!

gutted i missed wilko at the end,i was too pissed to even walk,never mind dance.

great atmosphere,good to see the usual faces out!

fitipaldi
14-08-2006, 05:46 PM
i don't remember any of it, i'm sure there's something in the water in that place

retox
14-08-2006, 06:00 PM
i don't remember any of it, i'm sure there's something in the water in that place
You found ya phone yet ya retard? Or got another one?
Had a brilliant nite on friday, ****in great to see you all again!!! :cheese:

retox
14-08-2006, 06:02 PM
You found ya phone yet ya retard? Or got another one?
Had a brilliant nite on friday, ****in great to see you all again!!! :cheese:

The Overfiend
16-08-2006, 03:29 AM
I would like to know if the sets were recorded

Technobitch
16-08-2006, 09:54 AM
pm LOCKED he will let you know ;)

The Overfiend
20-08-2006, 11:20 PM
BUT HE WONT!

21-08-2006, 10:43 AM
The mixes should be on our site next week once they have been ok'd from the player lot, u cry baby ;)

The Overfiend
23-08-2006, 12:07 AM
You make me so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==