PDA

View Full Version : looks like hes off to the scum

lukekendall
28-07-2006, 09:25 AM
reports in the press claim carrick is off to man u.

so hope this is just paper talk as he is one of our best players! tho we do have plenty of cover in that area i would rather he stayed

nick_anarchy
28-07-2006, 09:31 AM
50 / 50 on this one ...been told its all talk as we are lookin at that argie tho plays in the center holdin role ... but who knows

kai
28-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Been saying for last year or so we should sign Carrick as replacement for Keane in midfield - different style of player in a way but would do a cracking job for us in there i reckon.

basslinejunkie
28-07-2006, 11:07 AM
i think carricks over hyped to be honest.

lukekendall
28-07-2006, 11:29 AM
i think carricks over hyped to be honest.

one of the best passers of the ball in the prem!
people say his down side is he dont get stuck in anough but he does break a lot of the play up and he is so composed on the ball, he would be a bad loss for us tho we have got zokora who does get stuck right in!! :rambo:

Traxx
28-07-2006, 11:42 AM
I think carricks a belter.

djfase
28-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Yea but not the holding midfielder utd need

gary_human
29-07-2006, 02:17 PM
carricks good, was my fav player last year, but we got more than adequate cover at spurs. Tom Huddlestone is the one thery expecting great things of - and the reason he couldnt get in the side last year was coz of carrick. Aswell as Huddlestone we got Zokora, Davids, Tainio, Murphy, Jenas and Ghaly who play centre midfield. We need a left winger now - gamst pedersen would be nice

basslinejunkie
29-07-2006, 02:44 PM
hes a great passer,but thats all hes got to his game.doesnt score enough goals,win enough tackles,hasnt got great pace etc etc

Traxx
29-07-2006, 03:59 PM
At the end of the day keane wasnt a amazin passer nor did he have loads of pace. I reckon he will do well there.

kai
29-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Yeah he does a good job breaking attacks up and has got the distribution to really supply Rooney and Saha and get them in there - really hoping we get him - last I heard though wasn't looking good....

kai
29-07-2006, 04:42 PM
End of the day no player in the world can replace what Keane gave the team - time to rebuild around a different style of central midfielder.

Will
29-07-2006, 07:17 PM
carricks good, was my fav player last year, but we got more than adequate cover at spurs. Tom Huddlestone is the one thery expecting great things of - and the reason he couldnt get in the side last year was coz of carrick. Aswell as Huddlestone we got Zokora, Davids, Tainio, Murphy, Jenas and Ghaly who play centre midfield. We need a left winger now - gamst pedersen would be nice

I thought Davids was leaving, he's still there then? That's a lot of central midfielders, to think they signed 2 this summer as well... Be intersting to see Spurs' squad list...

nick_anarchy
31-07-2006, 10:30 AM
he will sign today

lukekendall
31-07-2006, 01:44 PM

I thought Davids was leaving, he's still there then? That's a lot of central midfielders, to think they signed 2 this summer as well... Be intersting to see Spurs' squad list...

na we only signed one in zokora

we do have the biggest squad in the prem.........

reports say carrick went for 18.5 mill which is good for us seeing we paid 2.75mill for him 2 years ago,

jennas and zokora will prob be the main 2 next year and tom huddlestone has the potential to be a better player than carrick hes only 18/19

macca
31-07-2006, 02:10 PM

na we only signed one in zokora

we do have the biggest squad in the prem.........

reports say carrick went for 18.5 mill which is good for us seeing we paid 2.75mill for him 2 years ago,

jennas and zokora will prob be the main 2 next year and tom huddlestone has the potential to be a better player than carrick hes only 18/19

18.5 million ****in el hes a good player like but not worth 18.5 million . i would of sold him for that much! sound pretty desperate on uniteds part to land a cm

nick_anarchy
31-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Carrick: Spurs reveal transfer fee
United are expected to complete the signing of Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Michael Carrick today, following the player's medical and agreement of personal terms.

The transfer fee for the classy 25-year-old, as announced on Tottenham's official website this morning, could reach £18.6million. His acquisition will give an extra dimension and added creativity to a United midfield that's already burgeoning with talent.

Carrick began his career with Wallsend Boys Club – the same club that produced Alan Shearer and Peter Beardsley – before beginning his professional career at West Ham’s prestigious youth academy in 1998. Alongside Joe Cole, Carrick played a starring role in the 9-0 demolition of Coventry City in the 1999 FA Youth Cup final, contributing two goals of his own.

In the 1999/2000 campaign Carrick was loaned out to Swindon Town and the following season saw him loaned out again, this time to Birmingham City. His exploits for the Blues during 2000/01 earned him a PFA Young Player of the Season nomination, although he eventually lost out to Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard.

Carrick spent much of 2002/03 sidelined with injury before West Ham were relegated at the end of the season. Rather than join the exodus that accounted for team-mates Joe Cole, Fredi Kanoute and Jermain Defoe, Carrick stayed with West Ham during their first season back in Division One, where they narrowly missed out on a return to the Premiership in the play off

nick_anarchy
31-07-2006, 02:20 PM
how ****in much !!! ****in joke

Traxx
31-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Haha you've been bent right over there. 18.6 million??????? hahaha

nick_anarchy
31-07-2006, 02:47 PM

not half man ....

im down waitin to see it gabbie henzie stays if he goes on off to manchester to burn my shirt at the ground

Traxx
31-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Cant see him goin really. Surprised ronaldo's still there though i must admit. Hope rooney ****in breakes his nose today in training.

macca
31-07-2006, 03:28 PM

not half man ....

im down waitin to see it gabbie henzie stays if he goes on off to manchester to burn my shirt at the ground

just burn it anyway...............

reckon heinze will stay me self ;)

french_og
31-07-2006, 04:41 PM
£18.5million for Carrick - just goes to show how overpriced English players are. That price is so high it is unreal. He is not even in Englands best 11.

Gerrard must be worth £200 million if Carrick is worth that.

kai
31-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Good signing - maybe a 'tad' over the odds but at the end of the day if he is the right man to build the midfield round and replace Keane then will be well worth it!!

Can't sell Heinze though - that'd be disastrous!!

macca
31-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Good signing - maybe a 'tad' over the odds but at the end of the day if he is the right man to build the midfield round and replace Keane then will be well worth it!!

Can't sell Heinze though - that'd be disastrous!!

id rather heinze of went than van horse face if it was me i think that was a big mistake by fergie but as i said i doubt hes going anywhere ;)

Will
01-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Ghaly's a new one too isn't he?

lukekendall
02-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Ghaly's a new one too isn't he?

yeah we bought him in jan, he aint played for us yet, been injured most the time.... :roll:

278d7e64a374de26f==