PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for the coming season

Will
28-07-2006, 08:50 PM
I reckon it'll be Chelsea as champions again, Liverpool 2nd, Man U 3rd and Arsenal and Spurs fighting for 4th... possibly with Newcastle too (though they probably won't get their act together). Of course Arsenal, and Man U you would think will make 1 or 2 more signings, dunno about the other top teams.

But Arsenal don't seem to be doing that much to rectify the problems from last season, plus it seems we just might do the unthinkable and sell Cole to Chelsea, though that'd free up some money and we don't really need him. Seems Wenger wants a central defender who can fill in at left back and maybe a central midfielder (i guess that's the one other we might sign).

Hopefully Gallas will come the other way if we sell Cole, that'd soften the blow, but looks like another frustrating summer transfer wise, going off what Wenger's been saying and looks like we won't be in good shape for the Prem, though hopefully do well in the CL again.

Of course Cole would be another mercenary if he went there, so they might struggle slightly depending on how these star players settle in to the squad.

Esox Lucius
28-07-2006, 08:56 PM
chelski to win it, livershite 2nd, man u 3rd and arse 4th

everton top 6 ;)

Aratron
29-07-2006, 03:28 AM
Man Utd and Liverpool - battling all season - Liverpool make late run and sneak it.

Frank Dogshit
29-07-2006, 04:20 AM
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Manure
Blackburn
Newcastle

macca
29-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Chelsea to win it hopefully us to come 2nd

Not sure about 3rd place either arsenal or the scum

Be interesting to see how scum do without van horse face and his 20 odd goals a season, they will defo be missed :razz:

french_og
29-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Think it will be a close between the big 4, think there is some signings still to be had before the start.

My money will be with Chelsea, Ballack showed in the World cup what a player he is and Shevchenco also.

nick_anarchy
29-07-2006, 11:59 AM
chelsea
liverpool
arsenal
spurs
utd
top 5

Will
29-07-2006, 01:40 PM
You seem even less optimistic for the Prem than me! I expect Rosicky (and Arsenal) to really show what he can do in the CL, but Barca looks even stronger now, even though it was Larsson who set up their 2 goals against us.

basslinejunkie
29-07-2006, 02:45 PM
us and chelski to fight it out,with arsenal pretty close

Traxx
29-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Seems quite a few honest replys here for a change. Think its obvious (on paper) chelski are headin for their third title other then that its really to close to call from 2 to 5.

djfase
29-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Chelsea to win altho i reckon ballack will struggle with the pace and power of english league.

Utd and liverpool to fight for 2nd.

Arsenal to struggle as all teams who go into new stadium struggle for the first season

Will
29-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Bergkamp reckons the new stadium will inspire them, though it may also inspire the opposition (playing in the best stadium in the world :cheese: ), dunno... Though it was our away form that was the problem last season. I suppose the picture will be a bit clearer when the transfer window closes of course, too soon to criticise a lack of signings, though missing preseason with their new team wouldn't help them settle in.

nick_anarchy
31-07-2006, 10:35 AM
You seem even less optimistic for the Prem than me! I expect Rosicky (and Arsenal) to really show what he can do in the CL, but Barca looks even stronger now, even though it was Larsson who set up their 2 goals against us.

yeh well if u see who real are after ASWELL from utd u will understand our argie left back !! .. so could be bk to stringvest

****in hope not tho .. hope gabbie henzie stays

tho carrick is goin to sign today and if we get this other argie midfielder we should be ok also in talks with a winger from villareal another divin tit :lol:

lukekendall
01-08-2006, 09:39 AM
chelsea
liverpool.
man u
spurs
arsenal

honestly cant see arsenal doing well this season, not just saying that as a spurs fan but one long term injury to henry and your ****ed, the defence looks dodgy too with senderos out for the first part of the season and cole on his way

Traxx
01-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Seems allot of folks are backing us for second. Fingers crossed....

french_og
01-08-2006, 04:47 PM
I think if Liverpool can keep their key players injury free they should be able to push Chelsea all the way. I hope Arsenal and Man Utd do well also and we have a real 4 horse race.

Frank Dogshit
01-08-2006, 04:53 PM
liverpool will do well,if they keep the consistency goin. aslong as they finish higher than manure im happy.

my moneys on us doing the double over them again.

lukekendall
01-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Seems allot of folks are backing us for second. Fingers crossed....

actually like arsenal (henry) if your main player (gerrard) is injured for a long period i cant see you doing as well..........

Traxx
01-08-2006, 05:46 PM
He been out for long periods before & we've been laughin. Alonso & sissoko are more then capable.

macca
01-08-2006, 07:45 PM
He been out for long periods before & we've been laughin. Alonso & sissoko are more then capable.

was about to say this lol ^^^^ alonso has shown plenty of times last season he can fill gerrads shoes when hes out. the derby is a perfect example when gerrad was sent off alonso showed what hes all about in that game ;)

french_og
01-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Alonso is quality but he can't do the things like Gerrard did in the FA Cup Final.

Maybe one slight weakness could of been with Sissoko and Alonso is that they both don't get that far forward and Liverpool last season never had genuine pace out right and left but this season they have Gonzalez and Pennant and Bellamy up front so if Gerrard gets injured they should be more capable in the big games.

Will
03-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Pennant and Bellamy could be disruptive influences though.

lukekendall
03-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Alonso is quality but he can't do the things like Gerrard did in the FA Cup Final.

Maybe one slight weakness could of been with Sissoko and Alonso is that they both don't get that far forward and Liverpool last season never had genuine pace out right and left but this season they have Gonzalez and Pennant and Bellamy up front so if Gerrard gets injured they should be more capable in the big games.

not really mate, gerrard wins most of there games for them! as done Henry for arsenal and ronaldinho for bara. they are lucky to have such good players but they aint the same side without them

french_og
03-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Of course mate Gerrard in world class, but think against anyteam outside the top four Liverpool now have the players to beat anyside if Gerrard was to be injured.

michael00elder
04-08-2006, 12:41 AM
Heart of Midlothian FC will win the Champions League!! :cheese:

Will
04-08-2006, 03:18 PM
chelsea
liverpool.
man u
spurs
arsenal

honestly cant see arsenal doing well this season, not just saying that as a spurs fan but one long term injury to henry and your ****, the defence looks dodgy too with senderos out for the first part of the season and cole on his way

Cole was out for most of last season and we coped, especially once we turned to Flamini, and if he goes he'll go for about £25-30m! And Henry had a few injuries last season. I'm sure we'll sign one or two more players, though certainly we'll struggle a bit in the Prem with the squad we've got and 3 players out til October at least...

phantomdj
16-08-2006, 08:46 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4793809.stm

278d7e64a374de26f==