PDA

View Full Version : subbass compression

Col
25-09-2003, 04:47 PM
right guys, can you please give me some suitable settings for compressing subbass?

im currently working on an electro track and the subbass i want to compress is reasonably long/sustained.

just looking for some guidelines guys, any help more than appreciated ;)

DJZeMig_L
25-09-2003, 06:32 PM
EQ out everything u don't need from the bass (like Highs and make some extra low freq, probably bellow 40-50 HZ), use a Waves Maxxbass with the laptop preset, but then adjust the original and the maxxbass errr bass processing 2 suit yer tastes (and the track) run that thru antares tube 2 get it ruff-sweet and a little growling, now just Use Rbass by waves and stick 2 the main pre-set... that should do the trick nicelly.. If u use Logic or fruity just use the kick and a side chain 4 the bass compressor so it gives in a little bit everytime there is a kick!!

Hope this helpz ya,

Z

Col
25-09-2003, 08:12 PM
nice one ze migl ;)

i forgot to mention that i bought a double pack (is it recreations?) and you have a track on their along with the likes of chris liebing, player etc.

good track mate. infact the majority of the tracks on the double pack are really impressive.

DJZeMig_L
26-09-2003, 12:03 AM
Hey m8,

Thanks 4 the support... it's a track all donne from scratch no samples but it intended 2 b a remix as it is on a similar old (internal records) advent style with some sequences similar 2 they're early workz...

It's slightly more hard and minimal then what I generally do but i gues it ain't 2 bad eheheh ;)

thankz,

Z

Ritzi Lee
29-09-2003, 09:10 AM
Next time use the VST Q plugin.
You can ajust as much low shelf as you want.

The Overfiend
29-09-2003, 04:20 PM
Mig L When using fruity how to get a really room filling kick. What settings on compression and what other effects would you put in the fx channel to achieve this>?

DJZeMig_L
29-09-2003, 06:36 PM
Maybe compress a bass and a kick together try a little cut around 170-250 Hz... if u want it really heavy.. use a filter below 40 Hz then do a boost around 40 Hz .. u get a heavy phat kick, but u really need 2 choose extra carefully yer bassline so that It doesn't crash with this!!

Try Waves Rbass .. play with the parameters but the presets are preatty good...

In fact a very good kick comes alot from the mix and carefully chosen bass... which is overlooked a lot of times

Z

The Overfiend
29-09-2003, 08:20 PM
Sweet. :clap: Thank you sir

Gluon
30-09-2003, 03:55 PM
Guys I have the waves plugins and cubase sx....

I have a kick drum track then a track with mid stuff like toms etc and a track for hi's i also have a track for the bass...

How do i set up compression on the bassline and use the kick to 'distort it'

What is the configuration tracks/groups/sends/returns/insets to get a compressor working in cubase sx that takes sidechain input...

All i have been doing so far is grouping the kick and the bass into a common group channel and just running a compressor as an insert..

Any tips/step-by-steps/wake-up-calls appreciated
Thanks in advance
-Alan

DJZeMig_L
30-09-2003, 06:43 PM
U have stubble across one of the bigest issue in cubase... In sx 2 u have routing out and in but u still need 2 b able 2 use the insert in of the waves comp. ...

has any1 use the insert on any of the waves?

Z

eyes without a face
30-09-2003, 08:53 PM
where can i find these lovely waves plugins, specially maxbass and others mentioned like Antares and maximizers etc!!!!!

DJZeMig_L
01-10-2003, 04:05 PM
Waves
Antares
BBE

All possible 2 buy from the net.. :lol:

U know there is somestuff we can't talk in here! :nono: :doh:

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==