PDA

View Full Version : RSJ - Transgender: The Art of Living in Stealth [tuff]

stjohn
01-08-2006, 05:16 PM
http://www.chrome-metronome.net/stealth_master.mp3

i havnt completed a track in a while so i was happy to squezze this tranny out! any comments and pointers, append below!

force
03-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Mate .... i've liked everything i've heard of yours so far.... and this is no exception

Loverly rythyms, loads of changes and just a splash of acid...... top stuff

Do you release much?

stjohn
03-08-2006, 05:00 PM
cheers force!! havnt released anything as of yet. im waiting for 10 tracks that im fully happy with before i start sending out demos. im on about 4 or 5 at the moment!! :)

thanks again for the listen mate, diggin your stuff too ;)

xfive
03-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Very nicely done man.
Fun to listen to and carried itself throughout :)

sash
04-08-2006, 10:40 AM
nice track dude kept me interested throughout. sounds sweet :)

holotropik
04-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Great track man!!

Mindful
04-08-2006, 11:46 PM
Good shit Rory.
just keeps grooving along untill all the computer weirdness comes in and the synths.
Break is dope.
Need a listen at home to check production but sounds good here mix wise.

Jay Pace
06-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Quality.

Production is tight and clean.
Stereo field is filled up, cool background noises going on...
Kick is slamming mate, bet that would smack on a big rig
Acidy hook is original, slightly wonky and rhythmically interesting.

Can get a bit busy in the high end, there's a lot going on at times. Having so many elements jostle about can muddy things up a bit...
Loads of really cool elements, but might sound better if there weren't so many at once. You could give each one a little more focus and attention if you didn't have so many in the mix at the same time.
That offbeat grindy noise gets a little tiring - maybe its just a little bit too prominant. There's places where it drowns out the hats and cymbals completely.

This is a wicked little track with a unusual hook to it, I would strip it down a little and let each part shine through a little more.

stjohn
10-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Thanks Jay for the indepth comments. iknow exactly what your saying. i have real wispy highs in there and theyre taking alot of the space up in the high end.

thanks for the comments people!

278d7e64a374de26f==