PDA

View Full Version : [b]glenn wilson - call me daddy[/b]

Heroes
25-09-2003, 10:03 PM
ok peeeeeps, as promised heres the only other track iam uploading from my punish lp "nightshift". The next time you hear the full album will hopefully be on a crisp black piece of wax that you pull out of your record box, this is also the last time i will be airing sneak previews of tracks outside of my own web page, in the future keep checking the news section of www.glennwilson.info to find some tasty treats of stuff to come.

enjoy

http://www.glennwilson.info/audio/CALLMEDADDY.RM

daviec
25-09-2003, 10:44 PM
I think I'm gonna like this album :clap:

Between this and the sampler I got, I'm well impressed.

Col
26-09-2003, 12:12 AM
Mmmm...not bad glenn, not too sure about the vocal mind:neutral: maybe it will grow on me after a few listens.

Antinoise
26-09-2003, 02:54 AM
vocal sounds like "deep fistin'"

The Overfiend
26-09-2003, 03:13 AM
Standing in the corner with my b-boy stance.
Thats my opinion.
Word.

Heroes
26-09-2003, 08:32 AM
col ectsatic your a hard person to please, but everyone to there own

:lol:

acid-project
26-09-2003, 08:51 AM
musically a sorted track, but i agree with col, no offence intended but that vocal sux, big-time, ruins the track, but thats imopo.
thats what kills acid/london techno for me too, the use of dodgy vocals.

but the track is a good solid driver, with plenty of push.

however all the punish series with female vocals are just fine !

Heroes
26-09-2003, 09:36 AM
punish is about these kinda things, tounge in cheek vocals, zanny graphics, this is an album too with lots of flavour, iam not gunning for popularity votes or making tracks for a pure sales angle iam trying to put humour in what i see is becoming a very fast stale formulated music genre, take away the vocal and its just a pushing track, the vocal gives it identity, well thats my opinion, i think the sucks big time comment is not looking into the track for what it is, but then again i dont know your listening pleasure, but i know some people hate vocals in techno, fair enough, personally i really like it or else it wouldnt be there and hopefully it will be a welcome break in the night if all your getting from other djs is 8 hours of half bar loop bang bang bang un-intelligent mind mincing. trust me ive been on many a night like this. anyway like i said before everyone to there own, respect for your views

acid-project
26-09-2003, 09:42 AM
im such a man hater ;)

Sven Wittekind
26-09-2003, 10:46 AM
wow ... i like it very much :clap:

nice beat and very funny vocal hehehehe

sounds like , i will play every nightshift LP track :dance:

i heard now 2 traxx of the album - both are great :cool:

Angrymann
26-09-2003, 11:15 AM
A lot of people think Techno should be vocalless perhaps to keep it from ever being mainstream , but I don't think it is possible. Ghetto Techno for example needs to have vocals othwerwise it has nothing to seperate it from any other form of techno. Like Glen says it gives the track an identity , the vocal is the identity of Ghetto Techno.

But it's fair enough for someone to not like it , I bought all the Punish releases but quickly tired of the vocals , but that's what I am like , if any track is too catchy I go off it pretty quickly.

I heard the sampler the other week though and loved it and now I am well up for Glenn's night at Dogma very soon.

miromiric.
26-09-2003, 12:31 PM
that means if u take out vocals, track has no identity?

observer
26-09-2003, 01:04 PM
that means if u take out vocals, track has no identity?
:oops:

Angrymann
26-09-2003, 01:13 PM
No , what I am saying is , it is the vocal that identifies it as Ghetto Techno.

Take the "Ass and Titties .....Ass and Titties" away and it's just straight forward techno.

miromiric.
26-09-2003, 01:38 PM
i had to quote, sorry. i was reffering to glenn`s post.

Angrymann
26-09-2003, 02:29 PM
Ah , sorry man , I clearly need a second pair of glasses.

Note to self : READ THE POSTS PROPERLY. FAILURE TO DO SO RESULTS IN A PENIS EXTENDING FROM YOUR HEAD AND REMAINING THERE UNTIL YOU SOMEHOW REDEEM YOURSELF.
:nono: :nono:

Heroes
26-09-2003, 05:57 PM
miromiric, this is my quote about my record "take away the vocal and its just a pushing track, the vocal gives it identity" iam not talking about all vocal tracks have no identity without vocals....... :nono:

miromiric.
26-09-2003, 06:23 PM
yes,yes that is what i asked - about this specifical track.
so, glenn, does it have identity without vocal=?

Heroes
26-09-2003, 06:28 PM
well thats for all you to make up your minds over ;) ive told you my view, just wanna air my tunez and put some of my own flavour on my buddy mark eg's forum

miromiric.
26-09-2003, 06:56 PM
good enough for me.
i just wanted to see what u think.

is there techno only or some other styles as well?

ripped
26-09-2003, 07:01 PM
"i heard now 2 traxx of the album - both are great :cool: "

bloody oath, with or without vocals. sick shit

TripleX
26-09-2003, 07:07 PM
i am really looking foward to hear that album, glenn....
good stuff :cool:

djlukas
26-09-2003, 07:24 PM
I am shure its going to rock every dance floor!!! i cant wait to see this album released...

amazing track!

Lukas

ok peeeeeps, as promised heres the only other track iam uploading from my punish lp "nightshift". The next time you hear the full album will hopefully be on a crisp black piece of wax that you pull out of your record box, this is also the last time i will be airing sneak previews of tracks outside of my own web page, in the future keep checking the news section of www.glennwilson.info to find some tasty treats of stuff to come.

enjoy

http://www.glennwilson.info/audio/CALLMEDADDY.RM

Heroes
26-09-2003, 07:29 PM
ive tried to mix the flavour of balls to the wall stuff with the doggy style rmx, theres the quirkyness and humour of call me daddy, and theres also big jacking sub groove stuff like i get a huge kick

i guess ill please and piss a few off but for me the flavours there :lol:

technosnob
26-09-2003, 08:25 PM
When's the album due for release !!!!!!!

Keep It Hard Dirty and Fast

Methodixxx
27-09-2003, 02:38 AM
Glenn - I don't know what others think of that vocal, but I ****ing love it! Was playing the "Call Me Daddy" track yesterday to a couple of chickies and they reeeaaally liked it! :drool: And it's one of those vocals I was quoting all day to random people and receiving weird looks for my trouble.. definately a quality sample in the right context :dance:

Then there's "U Will Obey" and saying that is damn slamming too would be an understatement!

And from the sampler, the "Doggy Style rmx" is one intense, menacing and headmashing tune! All on point :clap:

Hope you don't mind me putting "Call Me Daddy" and "U Will Obey" on a CD to play out tonight... not sure how a real media file will sound tho....? errmmmmm.... :pray:

Methodixxx
27-09-2003, 02:50 AM
Also, I should just quickly mention Submissions 6 (all tracks) and Freshgrind 3 (all 3 again, especially Re-Fresh)... I can't get enough of this shizzle at the mo jo! Causing major damage and theres good reason :twisted:

The Overfiend
27-09-2003, 03:12 AM
I think I preferred the vocals on here boy a lot more, but the beat in its self and the production value is tight. And from what I hear the track can stand alone. Maybe add a synth or claps. My constructive criticism....

Col
27-09-2003, 10:44 AM
col ectsatic your a hard person to please, but everyone to there own

i didnt say i didnt like it glenn, but on the other hand you didnt say i didnt like it either, i can sense the humour in the vocal, and although it didnt really grab me at first, i think its one of those that will grow on me. ;)

looking forward to the album. ;)

Pathogen
29-09-2003, 11:23 AM
lol, i like it ... IMO punish does retain an identity with odd samples like this, seperating it from the standard bulk of techno.
i allways know when im hearing a punish track out.
driving as usual, and 2 solid tracks ........... cant wait for nightshift!!!!

Ritzi Lee
29-09-2003, 01:21 PM
2 glenn: you really think this track is finished?
isn't there missing something?

Heroes
29-09-2003, 01:37 PM
finnished 100%, obviously with the compression ratio and quality of real audio. lots of the movement n feeling is lost, but it is there, well for my liking its there

DELTA9MDA
30-09-2003, 05:33 PM
YO GLENN,
I got lucky and got a copy of the nightshift sampler, f'in rocks the 500 watt mackies at the crib.

cant wait to see you in new york on nov 8. youll be peeling the paint off the walls im sure.

278d7e64a374de26f==