PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Krome?

Sunil
04-08-2006, 02:41 AM
Right, this keeps coming up (and just now in the schranz thread), and I can't remember the last update.

A couple of years ago I heard that he preferred reading books to techno and had no plans to return to releasing. There's also the apparant fallout between him and Dahlback after DK8.

So despite giving up releasing he still plays gigs sometimes? What gives? I mean Krome is one of *the* techno producers bar none. It would be a shame to think that that was it... ****, the good guys have been dropping like flies over the last few years, it ain't good.

Heroes
04-08-2006, 07:47 AM
i doubt he'll make a return also, especially in todays market where even his solid stuff would probably sell poorly, unless that is he doubled the tempo and added a sample sounding like mini mouse on helium

Si the Sigh
04-08-2006, 08:49 AM
...or he goes mnml.

Dorian Hunter
04-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Really sad, this guy was one of my first big heroes when I started to spin the wheels.
Stuff like Bitches from hell or Woodcarvers on nightmare is still in my case :(

Si the Sigh
04-08-2006, 01:29 PM
I agree! His tracks on Corb are awesome.

Dustin Zahn
04-08-2006, 05:31 PM
I had a talk with Joel Mull this summer about Krome. Apparently Krome has his own non-music-related personal issues which are supposedly the main culprit. Will stop there to support his privacy. I also don't know about the DK8 rumor. Krome had nothing to do with DK8 and if I remember correctly. I think the only thing he has had to do with the label after the first release was the artwork for the them.

I think if Krome did venture into mnml land ala Mad Eye or We Are styled tracks, he'd be pretty succesful. His beats have a ton of swing and dynamics to them so I think it'd be great to hear at a slower speed personally. Some new hard stuff would be great as well.

Sam_Horam
04-08-2006, 05:50 PM
When he played at Darkside last year he said that he had been having some personal stuff going on but that he would be releasing some new music in the new year...shame it's not turned up yet though 'cos he was one of the best producers around.

To be fair he wasn't the most prolific over the last couple of years before his current sabbatical but it would be fantastic if he eventually put something new out.

audioinjection
04-08-2006, 08:31 PM
i still like playing his eggplant ep on planet rhythm!

audioinjection
04-08-2006, 08:32 PM

Sunil
04-08-2006, 09:33 PM
I had a talk with Joel Mull this summer about Krome. Apparently Krome has his own non-music-related personal issues which are supposedly the main culprit. Will stop there to support his privacy. I also don't know about the DK8 rumor. Krome had nothing to do with DK8 and if I remember correctly. I think the only thing he has had to do with the label after the first release was the artwork for the them.

I think if Krome did venture into mnml land ala Mad Eye or We Are styled tracks, he'd be pretty succesful. His beats have a ton of swing and dynamics to them so I think it'd be great to hear at a slower speed personally. Some new hard stuff would be great as well.

Fair enough.

Yeah, he didn't do DK8, just the artwork for it as you said, but I think that was his last involvement there.

Yeah, anything by him would be good. Maybe someone should ask him to do a 12"? Although, I'm sure we'll hear from him when he's ready...

Sunil
04-08-2006, 09:35 PM

Have to dig that record out; I'd say it still sounds brilliant...

MARKEG
07-08-2006, 01:31 AM
tuuuuune!!! :)

davethedrummer
07-08-2006, 10:11 PM
i spoke to him in the net the other day
sounds like he might welll be gearing up for some more releases
but i can't say for sure

hope so , he's the master

dan the acid man
07-08-2006, 11:37 PM
im not sure if krome is his real surname or not, but you can't get a more techno sounding name than that :techno:

RDR
07-08-2006, 11:46 PM

still rocks my world too...

got it on an old kiss fm joh berry wednesday night recording...

el salvador
08-08-2006, 12:56 AM
i agree. he makes his sound perfectly. he have a good strategy to his sequence and production

Heroes
08-08-2006, 07:19 AM
im not sure if krome is his real surname or not, but you can't get a more techno sounding name than that :techno:

Thomas Gustavsson

holotropik
08-08-2006, 11:51 AM
I just call him "Thomas the Tank Engine"
;)

dan the acid man
08-08-2006, 12:18 PM

Thomas Gustavsson

oh bugger :oops: :lol:

gary_human
08-08-2006, 04:11 PM

yeah my mate got that its class - would be great to see a load of them early p.rhythms get remixed and rereleased.

Thomas Krome is great too - would be good news if he carried on releasing tracks, although you can never read enough books . . .

278d7e64a374de26f==