PDA

View Full Version : Kick Drum roll?

djwired
04-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Hi there peeps, sorry if i sound a bit thick but please help! Basically in my tracks i have usually made the drum rolls with snares. But am workin on a track now & want to us e a kick for the roll without it being too much. Can i use the same fat as **** kick i'm using all the way throught the tune? Do i have to kill the bass or something when i use it on a roll so that it does not sound so meaty! I have an example here... http://www.sendspace.com/file/gfarxe of a drum roll using a Kick which i took off a tune i have. Hope someone can help me...thanx

EmotionComplex
08-08-2006, 03:33 AM
im not sure what software or vsts your using but if your rolling kick drums you wanna set the sample poly to 1 so it wont play more then 1 kick at a time.

Because if your flying a string of kicks off and they overlap it gets nasty.

and youve also got the right idea when you mention killing bass, although depending on the effect you want from your roll a lot of tracks have a high pass filter over the kick in sections, so you can bring the cut off up and trim away the lower end. works really well when going in to a break also, slowly filtering away the low end from the kick fading it into the background till it becomes a light tap.

hope this helps

278d7e64a374de26f==