PDA

View Full Version : Setting Needle Pressure

DJ RE:HAB
26-09-2003, 12:58 PM
I think after i've set up my needle pressure wrong. Occasionaly the needle is jumping and does'nt seem to have much grip on the record.

Does anybody know how to re-adjust to the best weight, height, and pressure, which was given in a brief instruction when i recieved them..

One thing the instructions did explain, was something about pressure, but it asked to refer to a chart supplied with cart/needle.. Which i did'nt recieve.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to set this based on there own experiances..

Cheers!!

;)

acid-project
26-09-2003, 01:27 PM
turn the weight round the rong way, set the turet height and the anti-skate to zero, stick some 5p pieces on your headshell if that helps.

T
26-09-2003, 01:56 PM
or try and set the weight to the same as the anti skating eg. if yer weight is set to 1.5 then set anti skate to it as well.

wenna
29-09-2003, 06:04 PM
the correct weight for MOST is 2.5.

DJ Pearcey
30-09-2003, 08:09 AM
never never never put coins on your headshell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you dont pay hundreds ov pounds for decks and put coins on ya needles :twisted:

28-10-2003, 04:24 AM
turn the weight round the rong way, set the turet height and the anti-skate to zero, stick some 5p pieces on your headshell if that helps.

Thats a great way to "rinse out" your records. :doh:

Its because of DJs that did this back in the day that a lot of my original 1992 records have shit sound quality. My acid house records sound even worse because of this I'm sure.

In a nutshell, if you love your record collection, you won't put 5 cent pieces (or any other coins) on your headshell.

278d7e64a374de26f==