PDA

View Full Version : Jay Pace - Dizzy spell. Minimal stuff...

Jay Pace
05-08-2006, 02:40 AM
Brief burst of activity due to illness.

Still needs work but feedback appreciated.

Minimalish in a rob hood way.

www.blackboxtechno.co.uk/dizzyspell.mp3

ta

loopdon
05-08-2006, 04:37 AM
sounds well mexcellent to me, quality production and nice hoody styleeeee... :roll: only thing the 'melody' can be a little 'harsh' when not in filtered state. say in the last 3rd or 4th worth of the track it's earkilling... i luv it anyhow. eeerrrr and: needs more cowbell :cheese:

loopdon
05-08-2006, 04:39 AM
shit the first smylee wasn't supposed to be this one :roll: ....

eerrrh,, maybe fade the melody in rather than bang it in at once..

intricate hi-hat patterns --- growing on me! what you produce it on/with.... care to share a sample-pack? shit.... i AM drunk :oops:

loopdon
05-08-2006, 04:41 AM
... production is feckin good! :)

stjohn
05-08-2006, 04:46 AM
. i AM drunk :oops:

ahhaha i can smell ye from here

Jay Pace
05-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Thanks man!

Most of the samples are 909, with a few of bob clearmountain's ride samples. Think the cowbell is from a 707, lovely cowbell on that machine.
The melody is a reason subtractor patch routed through a sherman filterbank.

Yeah, noticed it gets a bit harsh in places. I put a little bit of tube dstortion on which seems to clip at the synth peaks, will get on the case and sort that out.

Can make a sample pack dead easy, will post up laters.
Good drunkeness :cheese:

force
06-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Great tune Jay!
Wobbly and organic
The shuffle makes ya move and i really like the heavily compressed sound of it.
Ditto on the main riff gettin a bit harsh in places, but thats easy enough to sort out

Get yo ass in the studio more often dude, im wanna hear more :cheese:

rhythmtech
06-08-2006, 02:47 PM
can def see the rob hood influences in there..

the 303ish synth is lovely and bubbly

overall i'd bring the hats up a little but maybe they suit this style better lower in the mix?

not my style of techno so i wont comment on the tune but production is nice and phat.

good work.

Mindful
09-08-2006, 08:21 PM
God im slow.
by the time i get back on the net to comment you allready have a newer track up: )
Anyways, like the track, the drums are tight and that synth and 303 type synth/bass are bang on.
I thought the drums could have been louder(rather than the synth being quiter)but you may not have the head room(i dont know)
Balance the drums and the synth and alls good me thinks.
One strange thing for some reason on my media player it says the track is 55 min long.....weird

force
09-08-2006, 08:58 PM
One strange thing for some reason on my media player it says the track is 55 min long.....weird

SO DID MINE!!!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==