PDA

View Full Version : Rowland the Bastard (bionic orange)

bayley
05-08-2006, 03:40 PM
i just purchased bionic orange number 11 by Rowland the bastard. it was half price in my local record shop. wow!!! the B side is amazing!!! really heavy almost gabba style kick drum and it just pounds through the whole track with some real nice percussion. fairly minimal but christ what a great tune!!! i havent heard that much of his stuff, and im assuming this is quite an old release, but does any1 know or could reccomend any other tracks like this.. im loving it!!!

dan the acid man
05-08-2006, 04:05 PM
bionic orange is his own label, he has another label called infected.

look for any tunes on these two labels, they're all damn good records.

Aratron
05-08-2006, 04:40 PM
bionic orange 9 is really good one side on it 14 trips to kansas is pretty gabba-ish

echodek
05-08-2006, 07:21 PM
this reminds me... i played after cj bolland once and started my set off with bionic orange 11... he sneered, goes "you're not going to play garage all night are you?"

cock.

the_psychologist
05-08-2006, 11:01 PM
this reminds me... i played after cj bolland once and started my set off with bionic orange 11... he sneered, goes "you're not going to play garage all night are you?"

cock.

that doesn't even make sense. he should know techno from way back in the day.

echodek
06-08-2006, 07:51 PM
it was a new release at the time... but it didn't make sense then either. just one of those odd moments that stay in your brain... i still can't figure out what made him think 150 bpm of of shitkicking drums was garage!

278d7e64a374de26f==