PDA

View Full Version : recording my decks through my pc

eyes without a face
26-09-2003, 04:10 PM
ive just finished setting up my room so my decks now run through my pc aswell as my stereo. Just wondering how i would record my sets now on my pc, the decks are going into the line in on the pc soundcard

anx
26-09-2003, 04:14 PM
master out to the line in on your soundcard right
then open up soundforge or cubase or whatever recording media you want to use...hit record....voila

eyes without a face
26-09-2003, 06:25 PM
ive done all that, and it plays fine in soundforge but the recording is very very very low, almost unhearable, i cant figure it out

DJZeMig_L
26-09-2003, 08:57 PM
This as been discussed several times bro...

There must be a software mixer 4 yer soundcard, somewhere in there u'll find the input level... some sondcards namelly SoundB do this thru a 2nd mixer view .. try clicking on the top left simbol of your mixer windows, there should b some option 2 view the record mixer or the input view or something similar.
I'm almost sure U'll find that the input level on the line in is low, so u'll need 2 turn it up!

PS - make sure u r using the line in and not the Mic In.

Z

RichieV
26-09-2003, 10:30 PM
crank the mixer gains till you see lots of red , then add just a little bit after that

DJZeMig_L
26-09-2003, 11:52 PM
lol.. u crazy cat...

That will work but then will b absolute sh***. also if the prob is the one I noticed back in my answer then not even that will work.

U could always use a normalizer at the end of the recording on any sound editor but u'll probably have lots of noise... as yer average rec level is way 2 close 2 yer mixer's and soundcard's noise floor!

So get that rec level as high as possible with no distortion !

Z

RichieV
27-09-2003, 03:35 AM
according to spinal tap , the main energy comes from turning their amps to 11

we can only assmue the same goes for dj mixers! .

DJZeMig_L
27-09-2003, 11:09 AM
eheheh

;)

Z

eyes without a face
27-09-2003, 11:33 AM
sorted chaps, found the mixer for my scard, sorted it all out, all working nicely!!! hahaha

278d7e64a374de26f==