PDA

View Full Version : Planning to do a free looppack for y'all-need technical help

loopdon
07-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Hi!

got loads of loops from times when stuff staid unfinished. full loops mainly but i am thinking to filter them to make them more easily usable - like loops on sample cds. so advice is needed on how to achieve that sample-cd sound you know - like no-kick loops? and what would be the fastest and easiest auto-looper/loop-cutter?

i don't know if i will ever use them and think they might be inspirational for others - so i don't wanna throw them away but rather share them for free with you lot....

dodgyedgy - as you have done a cd, maybe you can update me???

or herman?

RDR
08-08-2006, 11:09 AM
The no-kick sound is good but remember, they get that sound through EXTREMELY heavy processing. a lot of the no-kick loops sound great when used in a tune and then left alone. it really depends on where you see the loops being used. most people will process a loop according to their needs and tastes, so it pays to have the loop sounding as neutral as possible. no reverb, only enough compression to restrict clipping on the loop.

The loop length needs to be deadly accurate too, although i have some reservations about whether putting them into any compressed format might not result in truncation of samples from loops when they are unpacked... but thts a different story.

as for auto-lloping, loop cutter - i did all mine by hand to ensure total accuracy, although i reckon i perhaps missed some out... when you got 380 of em to do it gets tedious.

also providing information about key and tempo where appropriate goes a long long way to making them an attractive proposition. TBH LD why dont you try and make some money out of them...? if you're gonna put the effort in man why not contact some loop companies and see if they are interested. Free is a great idea for here - but if you wanna put real effort into them, you might like to see some comeback for your efforts.

Chris.

278d7e64a374de26f==