PDA

View Full Version : All the starlets are belong to us!

Will
08-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Hurrah, it's working, all the top youngsters want to come to Arsenal! :cheese: Apparently Fran Merida was being chased by the likes of Real Madrid, Man U and Liverpool and chose us, like Theo, to follow in Cesc's footsteps.

gary_human
08-08-2006, 03:42 PM
yeah but it will be a long time before he speaks french and can communicate with the rest of the squad and staff . . .

Will
08-08-2006, 04:18 PM
Not as long as it'll be before Jol wins anything though!

gary_human
08-08-2006, 04:42 PM
we'll see ;)

basslinejunkie
08-08-2006, 04:55 PM
why is walcott a 'starlett' hes nto even played yet,when he does then maybe.people started saying all this when he got picked for the flop cup.

nick_anarchy
08-08-2006, 05:28 PM
why is walcott a 'starlett' hes nto even played yet,when he does then maybe.people started saying all this when he got picked for the flop cup.

init ...

why do u have to go oversea's for players ? aint u got a youth program goodenuf like utd & liverpool :lol:

djfase
08-08-2006, 08:00 PM
I said when arsenal signed him he would struggle to get a game.

How right ive been proved

lukekendall
09-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Hurrah, it's working, all the top youngsters want to come to Arsenal! :cheese: Apparently Fran Merida was being chased by the likes of Real Madrid, Man U and Liverpool and chose us, like Theo, to follow in Cesc's footsteps.

thats fine mate im happy my team has the likes of lennon, huddlestone, dawson..................* cough english talent*

nick_anarchy
09-08-2006, 06:23 PM
lennon wont be at spurs for long chelsea will prob try and tap him up

Will
09-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Just a shame they, along with your 'biggest squad in the prem' couldn't get you into the CL, even though you only played 40 games all season! And we've got the likes of Hoyte, Gilbert and Walcott - all english.

And the fact Man U and Liverpool were in for him shows they go for foreigners too - they just don't always get them! And our youth system has produced better English players than Man U's in recent times at any rate, but other countries have good if not better young players too.

It's still early days for Walcott...

basslinejunkie
09-08-2006, 06:40 PM
hes aint english,but paletta looks awsome in the 2 games ive seen him play

lukekendall
10-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Just a shame they, along with your 'biggest squad in the prem' couldn't get you into the CL, even though you only played 40 games all season! And we've got the likes of Hoyte, Gilbert and Walcott - all english.

And the fact Man U and Liverpool were in for him shows they go for foreigners too - they just don't always get them! And our youth system has produced better English players than Man U's in recent times at any rate, but other countries have good if not better young players too.

only cause we got ill last game of season :lol: ;)

Yeah but they have english players in their first team you dont, well if cole goes off.
its a bit of a joke having no english players for a english team.....

nick_anarchy
10-08-2006, 04:00 PM

yeh who ??

french_og
10-08-2006, 04:13 PM
I can't believe anyone can brag that their club is bringing in young foreign players. It is destroying the future of the National side and strengthening other nationalities.

nick_anarchy
10-08-2006, 04:47 PM
plus when fifa bring in the new rule when u have to have so many british players in your squad

basslinejunkie
10-08-2006, 06:09 PM
I can't believe anyone can brag that their club is bringing in young foreign players. It is destroying the future of the National side and strengthening other nationalities.

dont agree with that statement at all.

playing with diffrent players from diffrent nationalities can only be good,learn diffrent techniques etc.

all this 'the forengners are destroying our game,its their fault we dont win anything' statements are rubbish. were turd,accept it.

Will
10-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Agreed, it's no harder for young english players to make it at Arsenal than it is for English ones and it's better that they have to raise their game, better we produce one world class english player in Cole than 11 mediocre English ones who'll get Arsenal and England nowhere.

basslinejunkie
10-08-2006, 09:47 PM
who in turn is only as good as he is becasue of the forengin managment/players around him

Traxx
10-08-2006, 10:06 PM
How do you know that? you cant say that for definate.

Traxx
10-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Besides you may have all the 'starlets' as you put it but most of your 'stars' want offski's so swivel :cheese:

french_og
11-08-2006, 08:50 AM
Cole grew up at Arsenal with the Brilliant English defence there that Wenger inherited. Obviously he has benefited by playing with players like Bergkamp and Henry but Coles main strenght is his pace a being left footed and he has that naturally. I hope he stays at Arsenal, would be a bit disapointed if he went to Chelsea.

I wished Arsenal would try to bring a few more English players through, they would only improve from playing with the quality players around them like Fabregas has and learnt and improved.

lukekendall
11-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Agreed, it's no harder for young english players to make it at Arsenal than it is for English ones and it's better that they have to raise their game, better we produce one world class english player in Cole than 11 mediocre English ones who'll get Arsenal and England nowhere.

your best defender you ever had came from spurs........

and i would say we have one of the most promising young talented squad in the league and they are mostly english, its only good for the national squad!

you might as well support france, not england :lol: ;)

kai
11-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Here, here!!!!

Have to say though - Campbell isn't the best defender the scummy Arse have ever had - far from it - Adams, Bould & Keown were all at least as good!

french_og
11-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Tony Adams - what a defender he was... he is at Portsmouth now isn't he as coach or assistant manager?

lukekendall
11-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Here, here!!!!

Have to say though - Campbell isn't the best defender the scummy Arse have ever had - far from it - Adams, Bould & Keown were all at least as good!

Campbell at a time was the best defender in the world, i think it was the 2002 world cup he was amazing

kai
11-08-2006, 12:59 PM
He did have a good tournament but was no better than Ferdinand - was the partnership that worked - Campbell just took the plaudits as he stands out more in his play as much of what Ferdinand does goes unnoticed as he makes it look easy by reading the play and anticipating things rather than pulling off the last ditch tackles, clearing headers etc that stand out to the casual observer and earned him the majority of the praise.

Tony Adams was far better player than Campbell - and as for him ever being best in the world - no chance - in 02 Maldini was still playing, and the likes of Cannavaro and Nesta were in their prime, to name just a couple!

lukekendall
11-08-2006, 01:38 PM
He did have a good tournament but was no better than Ferdinand - was the partnership that worked - Campbell just took the plaudits as he stands out more in his play as much of what Ferdinand does goes unnoticed as he makes it look easy by reading the play and anticipating things rather than pulling off the last ditch tackles, clearing headers etc that stand out to the casual observer and earned him the majority of the praise.

Tony Adams was far better player than Campbell - and as for him ever being best in the world - no chance - in 02 Maldini was still playing, and the likes of Cannavaro and Nesta were in their prime, to name just a couple!

he was named in the world cup best 11 squad, i would say he was better than adams.......

just my opinion

Will
11-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Adams had retired by then! And Arsenal have a more talented young squad than Spurs any day of the week, just look at the way we beat Dinamo Zagreb with one outfield player over 25. And I daresay Spurs provide more first team regulars to a foreign country than the measly one for England so you may as well support them I suppose!

Will
11-08-2006, 03:22 PM
And I note the way some people have to change the subject because they have no come back to the subject of the thread!

Will
11-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Cole grew up at Arsenal with the Brilliant English defence there that Wenger inherited. Obviously he has benefited by playing with players like Bergkamp and Henry but Coles main strenght is his pace a being left footed and he has that naturally. I hope he stays at Arsenal, would be a bit disapointed if he went to Chelsea.

I wished Arsenal would try to bring a few more English players through, they would only improve from playing with the quality players around them like Fabregas has and learnt and improved.

That would be nice, but English players are usually criminally overpriced apart from anything else, I mean £18m for Carrick or £7m for Rosicky? But as far as Cole goes, he wouldn't have been playing in the CL if it wasn't for the likes of Henry and he spent more time exchanging passes with Pires et al than defending with the rest of the back 4!

Will
11-08-2006, 06:22 PM
"Arsenal were defeated 2-1 by Mexican side Chivas Guadalajara in the final of the Premier Cup, played on the Old Trafford pitch on Friday.

The Under15s tournament has been taking place at the Reds' Carrington training ground this week. United's team lost in the first round after defeat to Sao Paulo. The final took place at Old Trafford after the first-team had entertained around 4,000 fans for the annual open training session.

The crowd was made up largely of young United supporters, but their awareness of the team's rivalries is already clear. The Arsenal players came out and applauded the supporters, but were met with a chorus of boos and chants of "United, United".

But the annual tournament, which has helped nurture talents like Lionel Messi and Fernando Torres in recent years, is played in the right spirit, so there was applause when Herschel Watt put the Gunners in front after 9 minutes with a fine left-footed strike from a tight angle.

But the technically gifted Mexicans were soon level when Gabriel Gutierrez levelled after 20 minutes. Gutierrez then turned provider with a superb pass across the face of goal for Eder Hernandez to tap in the winner. Sir Alex Ferguson presented the trophy to the winners."

Note that Arsenal (U15's) reached the final whereas Man U went out in the first round! A bit like the Campions League in fact! So everything seems to point to us having the best youngsters!

basslinejunkie
12-08-2006, 01:17 AM
thats why i dont rate ferguson,he had a great crop of youngsters come thorugh who basically won everything,they didnt need couching.now they are comin to the end of their carrers/time at the club hes ****ed.

nick_anarchy
12-08-2006, 02:51 PM
woo will , u got the final of a U15 comp .. u must have the best young players in the world

278d7e64a374de26f==