PDA

View Full Version : HAVOK RECORDS: Best releases?

Si the Sigh
11-08-2006, 09:08 AM
What were / are your fav's from this label? :)

Aratron
11-08-2006, 09:15 AM
omg!!

i dont know

because i havent every record on the label.

but my favorites are in this order:
return of the stretford wives
no order
and the flip side to no order

SICKNOTE
11-08-2006, 09:48 AM
whatever happened to em?

some of the releases were not really my cup o' tea but there were a few gems

aratrons already got my fave right there

hans delbruck and igor farenheit - no order/ reanimate

chaos e.p was ok...i think it was that one....a-side to it ended on a loop of a siren .. wicked to mess around with

tOM B
11-08-2006, 12:27 PM
i've only got the no-entry ep by mark tyler (which i really like), the rest i seemed to miss out on :(

Si the Sigh
11-08-2006, 01:00 PM
Mick Beatle used to run Havok didn't he? I wonder what happened to him, the Havok night, label and crew?

Si the Sigh
11-08-2006, 01:01 PM
http://www.redandproud.com/images/JennyMcAlpine/Jenny01Rovers400.jpg

Fusion
11-08-2006, 01:55 PM
a & e dept - 3113

mark tyler - no entry

dave the drummer & dirty blonde - the ugly

igor fahrenheit & hans delbruck - re-animate

charlie don't surf - pretty shitty city

Aratron
11-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Mick Beatle used to run Havok didn't he? I wonder what happened to him, the Havok night, label and crew?

i hear dhe sold his record shop or it went bust or woteva and that he now works as a care assistant or something like that

rhythmtech
11-08-2006, 03:00 PM

i hear dhe sold his record shop or it went bust or woteva and that he now works as a care assistant or something like that

yup

A.P.
11-08-2006, 04:21 PM
An still drinks loadsa cider!!................haha

fatcollective
11-08-2006, 04:23 PM
and hes cut off all his dreads!!!

SICKNOTE
11-08-2006, 04:48 PM

harsh

i didnt like all the releases (what label does that anyway) but still

fils_here
11-08-2006, 07:33 PM
got a few of these... even the 1st release given to me by beatle himself, charlie don't surf the pharmacy ep was pretty good

The Germ
11-08-2006, 10:58 PM
HAVE 04 Lab 4 Luddite EP
HAVE 08 Gizelle / Dirty Blonde The Sirens EP
HAVE 13 1/3 Acid Ted vs. Pranksterz, The Acid Ted 2000
HAVE 10 Charlie Don't Surf The Sin Drome EP

the_psychologist
12-08-2006, 10:20 AM
the DAVE the Drummer/Dirty Blonde ones!!

HAVE 18 and 24

two of my fave records from that era. the upbeat side of 24 is an acid monster.

i dare say these are all good:

HAVE 01 Repeater (2) The Disruptor EP (12")
HAVE 02 Repeater (2) Point Blank EP (12")
HAVE 03 Pharmacy / Charlie Don't Surf Insanity EP (12")
HAVE 04 Lab 4 Luddite EP (12")
HAVE 05 A+E Dept 3113 (12")
HAVE 06 Repeater (2) The Air Bomb EP (12")
HAVE 07 Charlie Don't Surf / Pharmacy HAVE 07 (12")
HAVE 08 Gizelle / Dirty Blonde The Sirens EP (12")
HAVE 09 Pharmacy The Chaos EP (12")
HAVE 10 Charlie Don't Surf The Sin Drome EP (12")
HAVE 13 1/3 Acid Ted vs. Pranksterz, The Acid Ted 2000 (12")
HAVE 14 Igor Fahrenheit & Hans Delbruck Re-Animate / No Order (12")
HAVE 15 Charlie Don't Surf The Hair Of The Dog EP (12")
HAVE 18 Dirty Blonde & D.A.V.E. The Drummer Return Of The Stretford Wives / Cunning Stunt (12")
HAVE 24 D.A.V.E. The Drummer & Dirty Blonde Bitch Rock (12")

*****not aure about these, Havok was very mysterious about releasing stuff at that point, and i never found some.

HAVE 25 Darc Marc , Fallen Angel & Pharmacy The Darc EP (12")
HAVE 26 Sherman Monk Barking Up The Wrong Tree (12")
HAVE 27 Charlie Don't Surf Power To Weight Ratio (12")
HAVE 28 Spero Rhythmatic (12")

fils_here
12-08-2006, 01:10 PM
dry insect music!! :dance:

dan the acid man
12-08-2006, 02:55 PM
D.A.V.E the drummer and dirty blonde ones for me.

about the only other one i liked was dry insect music and back the f*ck up.

fair plays to them though, they had their own sound on that label, it's a pity their nights didn't take off here in sheffield, i went to a few of them but most where empty :(

fils_here
12-08-2006, 03:00 PM

fair plays to them though, they had their own sound on that label, it's a pity their nights didn't take off here in sheffield, i went to a few of them but most where empty :(

the phoenix in manchester was havok's spiritual home :twisted:
some good/mad nights there!

SICKNOTE
12-08-2006, 03:28 PM

didnt that come out on defiant records?

dan the acid man
12-08-2006, 03:33 PM

no, it was havok

Aratron
12-08-2006, 05:00 PM

i went to a fair few of those Havok nights. Empty, cold but bloody hardcore.
****ing amazing infact. Used to shoot a lot of people through.
Mick Beatle would be at the door selling the tickets.
then he would bea tthe cloakroom, then he'd be dj'ing. ****ing mental.

dan the acid man
12-08-2006, 05:03 PM
yeah, they had some great line ups, but the people decided to stay in for some reason, i think its because alot of people could only afford to go out once a month, so decided to stay with headcharge instead :lol: tight, work shy students :lol:

rhythmtech
12-08-2006, 05:08 PM
surprised no-ones mentioned chris libs total f'in havok rmx on that doughnut ep. top class

Aratron
12-08-2006, 05:13 PM
yeah, they had some great line ups, but the people decided to stay in for some reason, i think its because alot of people could only afford to go out once a month, so decided to stay with headcharge instead :lol: tight, work shy students :lol:

well tbh it wasnt a night for the lip-stick psychedelic crew was it?
it was hardcore brutal nasty, monotonous techno.
It was like the same beat being repeated for about 6 hours in a row. Savage.
What it must have been doing to everyone's head is something else entirely. Cetainly helped me along the way to my drug-induced psychosis. I was eeing monkeys , dogs , demons , alllsorts in there one night. i ran outside about 5 am in a complete state and got mugged by this crack-head. Heavy shit.

SICKNOTE
12-08-2006, 06:35 PM

no, it was havok

well a tune called dry insect music is on defiant001

by paulo and sad bastard (:lol: gotta love the names) and arkatek

same tune or just a coinkydink?

one i have on defiant001 is damn good anyways :dance:

infact im gonna go and rinse it out now

The Germ
12-08-2006, 09:03 PM

no, it was havok

well a tune called dry insect music is on defiant001

by paulo and sad bastard (:lol: gotta love the names) and arkatek

same tune or just a coinkydink?

one i have on defiant001 is damn good anyways :dance:

infact im gonna go and rinse it out now

O ya Defiant was one hell of a label all 3 releases are relentless!!

so dirty, Skyride also discusting acid techno

rhythmtech
12-08-2006, 09:25 PM
jesus.. skyride. that brings me way back!!! 96/97?

SICKNOTE
12-08-2006, 10:29 PM
ive got skyride 001

both of the tunes on them are classic

prefer the b side

AcidTrash
12-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Have 28 is top quality.

Aratron
13-08-2006, 01:37 AM
why werent those tunes pressed properly they must be the scarcist acid techno there is

fils_here
13-08-2006, 03:49 PM
surprised no-ones mentioned chris libs total f'in havok rmx on that doughnut ep. top class

:dance: :thumbsup: twas indeed me ole mucka!

theledge
13-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Hair on a G string...was definitely my favourite

Si the Sigh
14-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Just for the name alone... :lol:

15-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Have 2, 8, 10 and 11 are in my opinion the proper rinsers. Blood on my Giro being one of the most memorable techno tunes I ever come across. Dry insect music is a rmix of the tune on skyride (by the same people who did the original).

As for Mick city and Cider are the order of the day.

xes
15-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Blood on my Giro is a choochoochooooooon

speed-it-up
17-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Dry Insect Music was on Defiant.
There was a remix on Havok.
Best Havok releases - 03, 08 and 12 (?) - The tune with the "back the **** up" sample. :twisted:

Si the Sigh
17-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Speed-it-up, do you post on SJ?

speed-it-up
17-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Yeah.

speed-it-up
17-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Does that get me banned? :oops:

Si the Sigh
17-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Nah, :lol:

I post there sometimes as well, and had seen a speed-it-up there.

dirrrti
09-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Hi

I'm retrieving this thread cause I've been listening to some of Havok's releases and I found a some great great great tracks like Blood on my giro (HAVE10), Stretford wives (18), Analogue Aerobics (21), The law (16) and Back the **** up! (11). Most of them are between my favourite techno tunes ever, I love its corrosive, thrash sound. But I haven't found any way to listen to the eariler releases, from 1 to 9, and I think I could be missing something really good.

Can anybody here help me in my quest with some mixes or mp3 samples or anything else??

Thanks

tOM B
09-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi

I'm retrieving this thread cause I've been listening to some of Havok's releases and I found a some great great great tracks like Blood on my giro (HAVE10), Stretford wives (18), Analogue Aerobics (21), The law (16) and Back the **** up! (11). Most of them are between my favourite techno tunes ever, I love its corrosive, thrash sound. But I haven't found any way to listen to the eariler releases, from 1 to 9, and I think I could be missing something really good.

Can anybody here help me in my quest with some mixes or mp3 samples or anything else??

Thanks

Mick's been selling loads of his tunes on e bay recently if that helps....

dirrrti
09-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Where to buy it is not the problem.

I know enough places in the net where I can buy them.

The matter is that I want to hear them before buying.

kev
09-09-2007, 10:33 PM
you can find online samples of most (if not all) havok tunes here (http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Catalog?Category=AL&All=true&ND=-1&Lab=Havok%20Records&Sort=NI&inandout=both)

dirrrti
09-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the link. But there's where I've listened to most of the Havok tunes I know and the oldest one is the 11th....So the problem stills being the same....

squidfanny
10-09-2007, 04:19 PM

Mick Beatle is still alive, and selling tunes on ebay. I think that havok collapsed when the distribution company folded and left various labels with massive debts. Smitten collapsed, as well as organgrinder and many others. A sad day for acid techno, but probably for the best, as it's sure to stay an underground sound without massive distribution contracts.

As for the best havok release, my favorite is 'king of comedy' with bill hicks sampled. Also Havok 27 (unreleased) is a top tune. As far as I know, there were only 10 copies pressed, I have 1 and Mick has another. Havok 28 has a good tune on it also, but again there are only 10 copies in existence......shame really

dirrrti
10-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Is it possible that you upload mp3 copies of Havok 27 & 28 in the net for those that will never have a vinyl copy???

squidfanny
10-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Is it possible that you upload mp3 copies of Havok 27 & 28 in the net for those that will never have a vinyl copy???

You're the little wanker who's been sending abusive, offensive and insulting messages to my housemate on discogs, aren't you?

You know he'd have sent you an mp3 no problems if you'd just asked, instead of sending abusive messages..... He'd probably have sold it to you if you'd made a reasonable offer like everyone else. Bad vibes will get you nowhere.......

My advice to you is to ask again when you've grow up and got a better attitude.

dirrrti
10-09-2007, 08:00 PM
You know, I didn't told what I told to your housemate for free.

I did it cause I felt disrespected by what he wrote on Discogs, cause I found it out of place and I'm not one to make an offer for a vinyl whose start price is 50000 pounds.

This is what he wrote on the reviews place for Havok 27:
"You'll just have to get a copy and have a listen for yourself. Oh yea, sorry, I forgot ......only 10 copies in exsistance, and I'll not be selling mine.........................;-)"

And this is what he wrote on the marketplace for the same vinyl:
"£ 50001.00 Comments: (dream on, I'll never sell it!) Sleeve is signed by the producer "charlie don't surf". Only 10 copies in existance!"

I don't think it's an attitude to be proud of.

Perhaps I could told him in other ways, but I told him the first thing that came to my mind when I read what he wrote, I'm a little bit impulsive guy. Anyway I think my message was not so abusive as you say, or not so as those he sent to me.

I think is to both of us (your housemate and me) to grow up and have a better attitude. Don't you think so?

hypothalamus
10-09-2007, 08:10 PM
i like 23 the best this week! theyre nearly all good. i be also liking doughnut total ****in havok mix, acid ted ep (tho bit fast for my usual taste) and cunning stunt is classic :)

squidfanny
10-09-2007, 08:20 PM
no, I think you should get on with your homework as it's a school night tonight.... Ask me again when you've grown some hair on yer balls.

The lesson to be learned here is that acting like an ignorant wanker on the web ain't gonna get you anywhere. It sure ain't gonna get you rare tune mp3's now is it? Frankly kid, if you'd spoken to me like that to my face then I'd have kicked yer teeth in, as would 9 out of 10 other people, a bit of simple respect doesn't cost anything. Remember that next time you want something and you might live to be old enough to buy cigarettes!

squidfanny
10-09-2007, 08:32 PM
No, I think you should ask me again when you've grown some hair on yer balls. Shouldn't you be doing homework right now, as it's a school night tonight?

There is an important lesson to be learned here. Namely that acting like an ignorant little wanker on the web isn't gonna get you very far. It sure ain't gonna get you any rare tune mp3's now is it?
Frankly kid, I saw the messages you'd sent to my housemate, and I gotta say that if you'd spoken like that to my face then I'd have kicked yer teeth in, as would 9 out of 10 other people. A little respect doesn't cost a thing now does it? Maybe you should remember that next time you decide to voice your worthless opinion to complete strangers, and you might even live to be old enough to buy cigarettes.

dirrrti
10-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Take it easy.

I' m just telling you that I'm agree that my attitude was not the best possible at all. I just didn't like what he wrote and I made him know. Not in the right way, I recognize it. So it's not necessary to talk about homework, hair on balls, kicks in teeth, etc.

You' re right about what you say about respect and I'm not being disrespectul to you, so don't be it to me.

Let's have peace and forget about it, ok??

xes
10-09-2007, 08:45 PM
ello ello ello,what's goin' on 'ere then.

*bends knees*

can we keep the personal shit out of here please,squidfanny,as you started it,I'll ask you to stop posting bad vibes first. I don't give a monkeys f*ck what was said or done on another site. Keep it out the happy section please :)

dirrrti
10-09-2007, 08:52 PM
I was going to apologize for the show....

I tried to edit my first answer to squidfanny after having posted it for sending him/her by private message and don't annoy the other forum users with something that don't matters them but it was too late : ( ......I don't know how the forums works yet as I'm a very recent user.

xes
10-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Cool,no worries.

You can't edit your posts if a,a certain time period has elapsed(5 mins I think),or b,if someone posts after your post.

Don't worry about the spat up there,I certainly ain't. Try keeping it to pms in future :) (I know if someone baits you out,then you got to stand your corner)

squidfanny
10-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Fair enough guys, sorry for the agro..

Siege
11-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Had some messy nights when they were at the phoenix...full of newage travellers picking there coats up of the floor and dusting them off after a nights stomping..mental!
Last one i ever went was a birthday bash at the music box with chris liberator headlining...pretty rammed that one.
Got quite a few of there early releases,though cant remember any specific titles....some where pretty good though

parsley909
11-09-2007, 11:09 PM
havok 2 has to be my fave the flip with the chris lib remix!

total feking havok wicked break down!

still play it out to this day!

NIKCAM
12-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Always had a sofy spot for No Future on Havok 22 - loved that wobbly bassline.

squidfanny
13-09-2007, 07:01 AM
JUst in case anyone is interested - I am compiling a HIGH RESOLUTION mp3 collection of these ace Havok tunes. When I've got them all ripped in high quality (320k mp3, recorded properly with no distortion) they'll be uploaded on demonoid and seeded for a couple of months by me, and anyone can download them for free (and mix digitaly with ableton live or a hardware mp3 mixer like the awesone behringer one which I just brought). As havok records is no longer active then it's not really a major copywrite breach, and free mp3's ain't taking money out the producers pocket. It ain't quite vinyl, but it's the next best thing..... If you wish to contribute then your help will be greatly appreciated.. I've already got "1,3,5,7,8,10,20,21,22,23" all ripped, in superb quality and crackle removed, but I still need ALL the rest. Especialy 27 + 28, although I don't reckon 'dirti's' done us any favors by insulting the only person who has a copy. If you'd like to contribute then you can contact me 'moredrugsnow@yahoo.co.uk', or better still - ripp it yerself at the correct volume level (red bars on the mixer levels means it's distorted, and no use at all), ripp to 'wav @ 24 bit', use soundforge/wavelab to remove the silence at the start and end of the track and save as mp3@320 on the highest possible quality settings (also don't do ANYTHING on yer computer while it's converting as this usualy makes it record with pops and clicks). When you've finnished both sides, you can upload the files on 'www.zshare.com' or a similar site and e-mail me the links that 'zshare' will give you. Don't worry about crackle on the vinyl, as I can repair this myself, without ****ing up the audio frequency's. This way the tunes will all be of the same high standard.

When they're uploaded on demonoid I'll post another message here, and also on bangin tunes..
...............long-live-acid.................

squidfanny
13-09-2007, 07:17 AM
yea, alright S - I suppose you can rip me havok 27+28, I ain't an asshole, and I won't deny the techno community the last havoks just because of one 'bad apple'.
Incidently - the only reaosn I put the hav28 on discogs for £50,000 is that I thought it was a bit shitty that the most expensive tune on discogs was a crappy bit of US house music. hav27 is a better tune, so I put it on for £50,001. Check it out for yourself, I'm sure someone will eventually out do me on pricey tunes, but at least Havok's made a bit more musical history, eh.. Havok was a great label, and sadly missed. An online archive is a worthy cause, and I know you'll do a good job mate

dirrrti
13-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Great work Squidfanny, thanks a lot. I applaud you.

The "bad apple" apologizes one more time for the incident. I hope it's all forgotten and we had understood and pardoned both each other. We' re just humans, our beahaviour is far of being perfect and a few words is not a cause to start a permanent war.

From the ones you have not I' ve got 11 and I' m waiting for 18. I have no medias at home to rip it but if I find the way to make it and nobody has done it before I promise to upload it for you and for anybody who' s interested. That' s all I can say at the moment to show my good faith, if I can do anything else for you from this side of the net let me know.

barba
13-09-2007, 09:54 PM
JUst in case anyone is interested - I am compiling a HIGH RESOLUTION mp3 collection of these ace Havok tunes. When I've got them all ripped in high quality (320k mp3, recorded properly with no distortion) they'll be uploaded on demonoid and seeded for a couple of months by me, and anyone can download them for free (and mix digitaly with ableton live or a hardware mp3 mixer like the awesone behringer one which I just brought). As havok records is no longer active then it's not really a major copywrite breach, and free mp3's ain't taking money out the producers pocket. It ain't quite vinyl, but it's the next best thing..... If you wish to contribute then your help will be greatly appreciated.. I've already got "1,3,5,7,8,10,20,21,22,23" all ripped, in superb quality and crackle removed, but I still need ALL the rest. Especialy 27 + 28, although I don't reckon 'dirti's' done us any favors by insulting the only person who has a copy. If you'd like to contribute then you can contact me 'moredrugsnow@yahoo.co.uk', or better still - ripp it yerself at the correct volume level (red bars on the mixer levels means it's distorted, and no use at all), ripp to 'wav @ 24 bit', use soundforge/wavelab to remove the silence at the start and end of the track and save as mp3@320 on the highest possible quality settings (also don't do ANYTHING on yer computer while it's converting as this usualy makes it record with pops and clicks). When you've finnished both sides, you can upload the files on 'www.zshare.com' or a similar site and e-mail me the links that 'zshare' will give you. Don't worry about crackle on the vinyl, as I can repair this myself, without ****ing up the audio frequency's. This way the tunes will all be of the same high standard.

When they're uploaded on demonoid I'll post another message here, and also on bangin tunes..
...............long-live-acid.................

Have to say first - what a superfantastic label and thread :D I was wondering why no one posted anything on havok releases in other threads...
I´ve got no 1,7,9,10,14,15,16,17,19,21,22,23

Personal favourite - have 14 - re-animated (one of the absolute top acid tunes ever prodused!!) and have 10- blood on me giro

I´ll try to rip the ones u miss next week.
It might not be up to the quality you ask for but at least it gives a chanse for ppl to get a sample of how they sound.

SKÅL!

John Rowe
15-09-2007, 07:48 PM
lab 4 event horizon was cool

pat_mcgerkin
21-09-2007, 05:20 AM
I thought it was a bit shitty that the most expensive tune on discogs was a crappy bit of US house music. hav27 is a better tune, so I put it on for £50,001.

Who gives a crap what the most expensive record on discogs is. I'd actually rather it not be an acid tune, as I always loved the whole scene's rejection of materialism. Leave that shit to the house scene. When I saw HAVE27 listed for 50k, my first thought was "what a wanker", followed quickly by "meh".

Sorry to get the thread back on track, but my favourite Havoks, in no particular order, would probably be Lab 4 - Machine, both sides of HAVE13 and Fahrenheit & Delbruck - Reanimate.

DirtyHard
03-02-2009, 01:15 AM

yeah they done it first
i was invovled with mick, adam jez nog , harry n alex we had the night in the pheonix, then moved to the music box, then back to the pheonix

we had some storming nights

278d7e64a374de26f==