PDA

View Full Version : All dance music is shit..

RDR
11-08-2006, 03:19 PM
And trance can be made by monkeys on E.

Someone made an automatic box to create it. here it is. cunts.

http://home.netspeed.com.au/aistorm/Trance.html

:lol:

rounser
12-08-2006, 02:49 AM
The orginal implementation ran autonomously but the tracks lacked the (often criticized as predictable) build up/down structure so critical in forming a flow. Rather than trying to implement such a complex concept in such a simple and elegant piece of code I decided this task should be performed by a human.
Translation: "Programming it to arrange properly and do decent chord progressions was too hard, so I gave up." :lol:

Given that arrangement is arguably most of the battle in making a completed track as opposed to just a loop or arp, I think that the jury's still out on this one.

MARKEG
12-08-2006, 03:47 AM
i mean come on, listen to this.. not exactly a saleable trance track

http://home.netspeed.com.au/aistorm/First%20Live%20Dump.mp3

RDR
12-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Hilarious i thought...

It looks like a fire alarm system master control box...

And possibly sounds like one too....

massplanck
16-08-2006, 05:12 PM
ever heard of markov analysis? It easy to get a program to churn similar yet different songs in Any style of music as long as you give it some input to analyse.. ie a trance or jazz midi file.

danielmarshall
18-08-2006, 12:17 PM
My applied maths prof skipped the interesting applications :(

massplanck
18-08-2006, 12:55 PM
My mate has just joined a company over here who are developing a 'press one button and out pops royalty free music for TV and Film producers. Be warned.

massplanck
18-08-2006, 12:57 PM
sorry my grammer bad is. its a software application thats being developed. Royalty free Midi files will be the result. The TV & Film producers will then add the sounds & noises. Intrigiuing stuff. They are holed up there analysisng every type of music you can imagine. Want R'N'B? Want Classical? Just press this button.

278d7e64a374de26f==