Esox Lucius
12-08-2006, 08:12 AM
probably.

nick_anarchy
12-08-2006, 02:50 PM
well if liverpool play like they did the other nite they will get hammered

french_og
12-08-2006, 07:25 PM
If Liverpool play 4-5-1 again then they will struggle, if they play 4-4-2 then they are a match for anyone.

basslinejunkie
12-08-2006, 09:35 PM
i dunno we'l have to see.we'l certainly have to improve to beat chelsea.

french_og
13-08-2006, 12:54 PM
What does the Liverpool fans on here feel about the 4-5-1 formation - i think it could turn out to be Liverpool downfall.

Traxx
13-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Its too negative..

macca
13-08-2006, 06:15 PM
hahaha love it :upyours:

french_og
13-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Was very impressed with Liverpool today, i know its just a glorified friendly but they have got some real quality and pace there now.

Rafa is gonna have some selection head aches this season.

macca
13-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Was very impressed with Liverpool today, i know its just a glorified friendly but they have got some real quality and pace there now.

Rafa is gonna have some selection head aches this season.

Aye good head ache to have tho ;) ur right the pace we have in our side looks brilliant.

Was a bit shocked with the team selection at first but yet again rafa proved he knows exactly what hes doing tactically etc even with the weakend side in the 1st half we was far the better side :razz:

basslinejunkie
13-08-2006, 06:46 PM
ave that you ****in blue rent boys.anyone who says we were lucky/wernt the best team is of their rocker.

Traxx
13-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Still short of a hit man up front. I used to like moaniniho when he first got here but listening to him before this game & the shite he was spouting after he is a ****in bell. Moaning that his teams 2 weeks nehind in terms of fitness. Whose fukin faults that?

CUNT

Traxx
13-08-2006, 08:44 PM
behind*

phantomdj
13-08-2006, 09:14 PM
its amazing listening to the suckers at the beginning of this thread who so easily dismissed the mighty reds and backed chelsea so comfortably.

let that be a lesson to all those doubters who think that the most money will always win. rafa is incredibly intelligent and far more worthy of praise than moaniho. rafa will no doubt prove (if he has not already) to be the best manager in the game.

the blue shite go on about not being fit but you could tell moaniho is scared of liverpool from all his pool insults and then going on about how unimportant this game is. he is running scared and today cemented his fears. OK it is a 'friendly' but let's be honest, it is more than a friendly and the cards are on the table now. the prima donnas of chelsea are there to be hit hard and it's up to the rest of the prem to go against them with the same attitude.

liverpool need to improve (and they will) but no one will want to play us. real fear is there now and we have excellent steel to fight those shitty english teams who fight rather than play football

it's very exciting for liverpool fans now and for those who enjoy watching a competitive premier league in general.

Will
14-08-2006, 01:55 AM
I thought Maureen was surprisingly magnaminous after the game! He said Liverpool deserved to win the game and were better in every department, what more do you want? I think it's fair to say Liverpool were nearer full match fitness, I don't think you want to peak too soon, the title run in's the most important part of the season so you can't read too much into it, though at least their won't be as much hype surrounding them.

It's funny how grey his hair is looking these days though, I almost got the impression he was getting a bit fed up...

Numeric
14-08-2006, 09:04 AM
historicaly the Communiy Shield result has had little bearing on the season proper, don't get all moist down below just yet Kopites...

apparently Mourinho didn't shake Benitez's hand after the game which is a bit out of order...

phantomdj
14-08-2006, 09:50 AM
peak too soon? we lost 3 friendlies in our build-up...

we used all our players for those games, ie, the 'match fit' status doesn't really work because it's not like we used the same players to get their match fitness levels to anything like the advantage moaniho spoke of before the game.

no one is getting moist numeric or going on about the title. it's simply about respect.

nick_anarchy
14-08-2006, 12:41 PM
liverpool out played chelsea , even Mourinho said it , better team won on the day .... was very impressed with sissoko ( spelling ) hes showing his worth and lookin a quality player if he keeps it up i can see him helpin liverpool puch closer this season ... yes u still need another striker a so called " fox in the box " tho the pace upfront for liverpool was firghting , more so than owen years ago !! ... chelsea looked poor tho , to slow and didnt look like they could change the game , they were to scared of liverpools pace and power lampard was crap ( what a surprise ) i dont think chelsea will win the prem this season maybe 2nd tho its goin to be out the normal top 4 who will will it ..

basslinejunkie
14-08-2006, 02:22 PM
i actually think this was probs the most important comm sheild ever in terms of result,this was no friendly apart from the amount of subs used,both teams wanted to win.

french_og
14-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Think Chelsea missed Gallas big time. Would not get too carried away with the performance of Chelsea, they still had a lot of possesion and Shevchenco looked class, his goal was just brilliant, great touch goal.

There problem will be the right balance in the right formation, would not write them off just yet but yeah agree the win for Liverpool will be a massive in terms of confidence and momentum for the season. Can see Liverpool pushing them all the way. Also Liverpool have got Fowler as their Fox in the box and I am sure he will play a big part even if he probably is 3rd choice, can see him scoring some goals comign off the bench.

nick_anarchy
14-08-2006, 04:39 PM
fowler is still a class player in my book

french_og
14-08-2006, 05:02 PM
And he looks like he ha lost a couple of stone which can only of made him sharper.

Will
14-08-2006, 05:50 PM
At least it seems to have shut up that Chelsea fan/glory hunter! Yeah, Sheva was good, hope he doesn't do too well for them, the Prem golden boot belongs to Henry! Looks like it'll just be between them 2 this season...

nick_anarchy
14-08-2006, 05:54 PM
i dont think henry will have a problem getting the boot again

Will
14-08-2006, 06:01 PM
No, probably not, just as long as Sheva doesn't strengthen the Chavs too much!

phantomdj
14-08-2006, 07:59 PM
There was, Jose Mourinho dared predict, a potential outcome in Cardiff that could destabilise Liverpool before their Premiership campaign had even started.
"If they lose against a 50 per cent Chelsea, maybe that will affect their confidence," Mourinho said last Friday in what amounted to a touch of early verbal jousting with Rafa Benitez and probably contributed to the failure of the two managers to shake hands at the end of this contest.

Presumably Mourinho would now like to revise that opinion after watching his players lose to a 50 per cent Liverpool. A Liverpool team, even the Portuguese might be prepared to admit, that appear capable of posing a far more significant threat to the English champions this season, not just in major semi-finals but in the league, too.

Chelsea fielded a far stronger side at the Millennium Stadium, on paper anyway. But rather like the 3.8million fans the club now claim to have in the United Kingdom, most of them failed to turn up.

A poorly supported Chelsea were surprisingly poor, a lack of fluency going forward and an alarming degree of fragility at the back - Ashley Cole cannot sign soon enough - undermining any hope of securing yet another piece of silverware.

John Terry had the kind of afternoon he would no doubt like to forget. Partly at fault for both Liverpool goals, it was not the way he would have wanted to celebrate his elevation to England captain.

Liverpool, by contrast, were excellent. Benitez might have omitted Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Craig Bellamy and Sami Hyypia from his starting line-up but those who were selected to cope with a Chelsea side boasting an alert Andriy Shevchenko and rather less impressive Michael Ballack did wonderfully well.

Momo Sissoko is certainly starting to justify those comparisons with Patrick Vieira, his crunching challenges bringing a premature end to Ballack's afternoon. The German was nursing a bruised hip as well as a bruised ego when he limped off after only 26 minutes.

But it was not just Sissoko who shone for the winners of that exhilarating FA Cup final last May.

Bolo Zenden delivered a composed performance alongside Sissoko, Jamie Carragher defended with his usual authority and John Arne Riise scored a super ninth-minute goal with that shotgun of a left foot.

It was an extraordinary goal, just 15 seconds passing between the delivery of a Frank Lampard corner and Riise's 25-yard effort hitting the back of the Chelsea net.

The Norwegian full back actually collected the ball on the edge of his own area. He charged up field and exploited the space created by Jermaine Pennant's intelligent running before unleashing a shot that Carlo Cudicini really should have saved but somehow allowed to dip under his left glove.

Cudicini carried the burden of blame, but he was not helped by Terry's decision to stop and invite Riise to try his luck.

Somewhat predictably, tempers began to flare. Lampard had already been branded a coward by Reading's Dave Kitson on the back page of one newspaper yesterday morning - 'Who?' you hear Lampard cry - and he allowed his own frustration get the better of him when he kicked Zenden in the full view of referee Martin Atkinson.

Fortunately for Lampard, Atkinson clearly still regards this as the Charity Shield because he punished him with a yellow card rather than the red he deserved.

In fact, it was only once Ballack disappeared and Mourinho switched to 4-4-2 - rather than the 4-1-2-3 he began with - that Lampard began to move through the gears.

Within a minute of seeing Cudicini deny Luis Garcia the opportunity to increase Liverpool's advantage, Lampard delivered the ball that enabled Shevchenko to demonstrate why Roman Abramovich was prepared to pay £30million to secure the services of a player who is nealry 30.

First came the control on the chest. Then the trademark finish that left an advancing Jose Reina stranded.

Only two minutes of the first half remained but Chelsea carried that momentum into the second half, Michael Essien also growing in stature. Then, however, Benitez sent on Gerrard, Alonso and Bellamy and the balance of power shifted back in Liverpool's favour.

If the Liverpool supporters were delighted to see Gerrard — more popular than ever now that he has declared in his newly published memoirs a desire to manage the Anfield club one day — they were overcome with excitement when Bellamy then sent in the 80th minute cross that an unchallenged Peter Crouch headed casually past Cudicini.

It was Terry who lost Crouch, and the side Terry captains that lost to Liverpool. Not good for the confidence, eh Jose?

MATCH FACTS

LIVERPOOL (4-4-2): Reina; Finnan, Carragher, Agger, Riise; Pennant (Gerrard 60min), Sissoko, Zenden (Alonso 60), Gonzalez (Aurelio 57); Garcia (Bellamy 67), Crouch (Sinama-Pongolle 88). Booked: Alonso. Scorers: Riise 9, Crouch 80.

CHELSEA (4-1-2-3): Cudicini; Geremi (Bridge 54), Carvalho, Terry, Ferreira (Mikel 82); Essien; Ballack (Kalou 26), Lampard; Drogba (Wright-Phillips 72), Shevchenko, Robben (Diarra 63). Booked: Ballack, Lampard, Diarra. Scorer: Shevchenko 43.

Man of the match: Momo Sissoko

Matt Lawton is Football Correspondent for the Daily Mail.

basslinejunkie
14-08-2006, 10:15 PM
o yeah an sisoko was just immense,i said it alot last season the guy is class.

Will
15-08-2006, 03:19 AM
Kitson branded Lampard a coward, eh?

278d7e64a374de26f==