View Full Version : Tony Rohr [Hidden Agenda - NYC] - Live at EC - August 17

Electric City
12-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Thursday August 17th at Wax

Tony Rohr - Live [Hidden Agenda - New York]
Sunil Sharpe [Spindizzy]
Giles Armstrong [Electric City]

Admission: e10 / e8 Members

This Thursday sees another debut guest make his way down the iron stairs of Wax and onto the EC dancefloor. This time it’s the turn of Hidden Agenda's main man, Tony Rohr. Setting up shop in the beautiful borough of Brooklyn, Tony Rohr has had a steady output of atmospheric, yet dance floor friendly releases. Sometimes labeled 'Voodoo Techno', his sound actually varies from release to release. Whether it is a tech-house classic like 'Baile Conmigo', freaked out noise funk on the label Tonewrecker with Paul Birken, experimental chillout with group Carlito Verde, or a dubbed out techno stormer like 'Yadda Yadda Yadda' on Weave his sound never quite gets pigeon holed. He started DJing in the early 1990's but soon realised that making music was for him. He unleashed his first live PA to the world in 1997 and hasn't looked back to DJing since. Since then his rocking live show has gone on to grace all of Europe's mainland clubs and festivals. He even went as far as putting in a show stealing performance at I Love Techno a couple of years ago, one that some EC regulars are still raving about to this day. His live set up is the real deal so no laptop nerds need bother to show up.

Many of Tony's releases have landed him on various mix compilations by Frankie Bones, Surgeon, Supa DJ Dimitri, and his biggest accomplishment Sven Vath & Richie Hawtin's compilation of Ibiza's "Sound of the Second Season". His track 'Dead Chewy' featured on the Cocoon D compilation and is still a favourite with Uncle Sven and the rest of the Cocoon family. With releases on Macintosh, Hidden Agenda, Weave, Genau, Remains, Tonewrecker, and Cocoon, just to name a few, Tony shows no sign of slowing down. For more info on the Brooklyn boy wonder check out his label site http://www.hidden-agenda.com Support comes from the Scholarstown super kid, Sunil Sharpe and the Dalkin daddy Giles Armstrong.

***Mail back for 8 euro entry.

EC Ticket Bureau @ Selectah Records / www.tickets.ie

Friday August 25th - Electric Shock 4 at Temple Bar Music Centre

Green Velvet [Relief Records - Chicago]
Educution - Live [minimise.com]
Eddie Brennan [Electric City]

Doors 11PM / Tickets e20

Electric City
Thursdays @ Wax
Powerscourt Townhouse
Sth William Street. Dublin 2.
Doors 11 until 2.30
Music: Minimal / Italo / Techno
Membership at www.electricity-dublin.com
Supported by Tiger Beer - www.tigerbeer.ie
---------------------------------------------

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g85/electric-city/ECAugBanner.gif

---------------------------------------------
To subscribe to the Electric City members list send a mail with 'subscribe' in the Subject field to: electricitypromotions@eircom.net

thetonewrecka
13-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Hey Sunil..tell Tony that he needs to remix "Shark in the Water" immediatley for the next TW comp. That should get a laugh out of him.
Are you guys recording the sets this night?

Sunil
13-08-2006, 04:12 PM
Will do. I think someone should have some sort of recording apparatus on hand alright. Looking forward to this, and I think Tony's set will go down really well in here...it's a nice intimate little club.

stjohn
13-08-2006, 04:29 PM
try get a quick smooch in when you're changing over ;)
what you going to be playing SUnil?
early night last night?? :)

Sunil
13-08-2006, 05:04 PM
try get a quick smooch in when you're changing over ;)
what you going to be playing SUnil?
early night last night?? :)

Nah, don't think he'll be talking to me after my 200 bpm + hardcore/gabba tribute to NYC !

I'll be playing loads of Rob Gee, Lenny Dee and Omar Santana ;)

Not an early night in the end no, but might as well have been :( I think everyone was pretty psyched up about last night... major downer that it was cancelled.

278d7e64a374de26f==