PDA

View Full Version : Darren price..

sash
13-08-2006, 06:48 AM
a few years ago i checked out Darren Price who was supporting Underworld on tour (down here in Melbourne). he was mixin real nice 135ish bpm techno back then and kickin ass.

I'd never heard of this dude but he was awesome and was wondering is he still dj'n? :)

MARKEG
13-08-2006, 08:02 AM
yeah i got some great bits from him back in the day on novamute wasnt it. what the hell is he up to now?

RDR
13-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Aye - i like daz price. got a great promotional mix of novamute tracks from him. and a couple of tracks. like him.

Francisco Scaramanga
13-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Aye - i like daz price. got a great promotional mix of novamute tracks from him. and a couple of tracks. like him.

Do you mean the one that was on jockey slut or something back in 98 or so? I've got that and it rocks, some really top tracks on there, and lots of classics like forklift and circuit sex. I've only got one tune by him, called blueprints, that I really do adore, but my mate has his under the flightpath album which is class as well. Havent heard anything about him for at least 5 years though.

Sunil
13-08-2006, 03:54 PM
I think he falls into the same bracket as Scott Braithwaite, Alex Handley, Craig Walsh, Daz Saund, and whoever else kind of 'disappeared' shortly after the millenium. From what I remember he was getting pretty fed up with the 'current' state of techno and that was in 1999. I saw him DJ in 2000, and it was one of the most boring sets I've ever heard. That said, I heard a few mixes before that that were good. I guess his heart wasn't into it so much as time went on. Some of his productions were good, and being on a label like Novamute, you'd have expected him to take it further.

278d7e64a374de26f==