PDA

View Full Version : 90s German acid

the_psychologist
13-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Heya

any other fans of German acid trance & techno from the mid-90s?

ie Microwave Prince
Overcharge
Watchman
Woodpeckers
Mikerobenics
etc
etc

been trying to find more info on that scene. but it's lacking.

the music is maybe half cheese, but the good half is awesome. full-on acid, sometimes upbeat, sometimes completely trippy and dark.

me and The Germ have been geeking out on all this stuff lately. it's pretty hard to find, so we're trying to find other fans.

Jesse

rhythmtech
13-08-2006, 01:07 PM
i was well into brain in the late 90's.. i think they were german?!?!?

SICKNOTE
13-08-2006, 01:33 PM

yeah ive still got a couple of brains

heard a couple of tunes on casseopea that werent to bad

if anyone knows the tune that has the sample from one flew over the cuckoos nest let me know

it goes ' im talking about form, im talking about content, im talking about interrelationships, im talking about god, the devil , heaven and hell , do you understand...finally?'

SICKNOTE
13-08-2006, 01:48 PM

yeah ive still got a couple of brains

heard a couple of tunes on casseopea that werent to bad

if anyone knows the tune that has the sample from one flew over the cuckoos nest let me know

it goes ' im talking about form, im talking about content, im talking about interrelationships, im talking about god, the devil , heaven and hell , do you understand...finally?'

i've found it

n-son-x - humanoid - casseopaya records

good tune

The Germ
13-08-2006, 08:57 PM
o we are talking maybe before brain!

like 23 frankfurt stuff..

and wonky german acid trance

Brain was well wikid but you have to admit almost every single tune had the same sound. i loved the label alot, but their was 100% a lack of something with it

davethedrummer
14-08-2006, 01:10 AM
mikerobenics?????

:sick:

the_psychologist
14-08-2006, 10:18 AM
mikerobenics?????

:sick:

i dunno matey, not in the same acid camp as many of the others, but they did some quality stuff. deep trance stuff.

but i'm sure they did some cheez also, like 90% of all the German artists from that era. Microwave Prince is a good example - Half the tunes I've heard of his are mad, and half are...hmm...weak.

you have any recommendations, you know, contribute to the thread and all :cheese:

the_psychologist
14-08-2006, 10:19 AM
it seems like a few mixes are needed around these parts...

kev
14-08-2006, 02:11 PM
re-post
Commander_Tom_-_Liveset_at_Nexus_6-LINE-(1994-02-13)

http://www.filefactory.com/?d0c6fb

info....
A 4 hours recording from the legendary after hour club "Nexus 6" (R.I.P.) in Schorndorf/Germany (near Stuttgart).

The style is Old Skool Trance/Acid. Tracks like "Cybordelics - Adventures of Dama", "Jones & Stephenson - The First Rebirth", "Resistance D. - Human", "Marmion - Schöneberg" & many more....

**** avin it............

Si the Sigh
14-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Good set that. Downloaded it a while back. :)

Athar
14-08-2006, 07:15 PM
ok i have some old german old schhol acid techno/acid trance/acid hard trance and acidcore records in my collection so if i could recommended something it would be:

1. Go and check all early Andreas Krämer sthuf better know with Markus Schneider like Junk Project.
Check his first label named: Thai Records.

2. Check Dance Ecstasy 2001 and 100% Acidiferous label.
Both were PCP sublabels with a lot acid influences.

3. If you love sthuf like Brain records defo check all Casseopaya releases and artists on Made In Frankfurt and Ipcress Communications label

4. if you like old hard trance and rave records with acid bassline go and check releases from:
Adam & Eve records, Cybertronic Records, Fog Area, Frankfurt Beat Productions, Generator, Important Records + Important Raver sublabel, Harthouse, Influence Recordings, Rough Technology, Sound Of The Bomb, Suck Me Plasma, Time Unlimited, Trigger, United Ravers Records and more more more.

There is a lot (hundrets?) unknown, small and not well known labels from years 1992-97 in germany, hollaand, itally and spain.
Go and check your local second-hand or.... ebay :)

5. Tesseract Records

6. More labels with acid hardcore and acid techno influences: Labworks, Cenobite Records (dutch label), DJ.Ungle Fever, Kill Out Recordings (uk), Millenium Records or maybe Zodiak Commune.

7. Go and studing www.discogs.com >> its a mine of knowledge :)

Aratron
14-08-2006, 09:31 PM
23 Frankfurt - now that sounds like a decent label.

SICKNOTE
14-08-2006, 11:12 PM
still trying to get hold of that n-son-x casseopaya record

cant find the fek for sale anywhere

The Germ
14-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Yes more stuff like the early UPB, Thai, Drizzly era, that german scene was outstanding.

23 frankfurt is one hell of a label..

Thanks for all that stuff also athar u are doing your part.

If anyone was wondering why Jessie and I are asking all these questions and getting the info.

It's because we are trying to assemble the largest database of Acid Mp3 ever recorded!!

the 1st library of acid

The Germ
14-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Kinda like discogs with mp3 snippets

SICKNOTE
14-08-2006, 11:57 PM
good idea there germ :thumbsup:

alot of people trying to get into the scene have no way of finding the tunes they want properly

i used to have to use the acid phonk label reviews for some of my record id's :lol:

The Germ
15-08-2006, 01:14 AM
ya mate, the idea is still in the basic stages but we have a few people helping a long.

Si the Sigh
15-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Thats a fu*king superb idea Germ! Good luck with it. :cheese:

the_psychologist
15-08-2006, 10:07 AM
the whole problem is how to do it without stepping on people's toes. i posted a while ago with that question. i think the older German labels are owned by large entities, so that could be a problem.

ideally, we could have all the harder to find UK, German, Belgian, etc. tunes on tap for people. it would be great to build a community where people would conribute the missing tunes and fill out the selection.

it really isn't about piracy - i'm just curious if we could help bring the classic acid to a whole new group of people and DJs.

many collector's moan, and i am a one-time vinyl addict, but it's really about the music and not whether you paid riduculous money for some scarce record. if people are paying mad money for rare tunes, is it about the music or having something most people cannot find/afford?

just rambling here...

SICKNOTE
15-08-2006, 11:09 AM
so its not just samples , its the entire track?

would be a big job. you'd have to consider prices for a start because you cant expect companies to just give you the tune for download without something back

these sorts of mp3 databases are out there for other genres so why not for techno

anode
15-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Labworks was a great acid label! also for belguin stuff- Re-Load , but only the acid, hard crunchy experimental stuff like Trax-X (Danny Casseau)

the_psychologist
16-08-2006, 09:57 AM
nah, i wouldn't want to charge any money for the service beyond what it takes to keep the site hosted. if we could somehow cut deals with the labels to give them money, even better. no one gets rich when acid techno is concerned ;) it's the same problem many services deal with, as most people will opt out of a donation system when it comes to web stuff. so how do you keep it afloat without swimming in a sea of ads?

as for full vs. samples.... not sure. the dream is to spread the music in a high enough quality (320 lame MP3) that people could play the music out on CD/Final Scratch/etc if they wanted and not hurt people's ears. it's kinda like a digital revival of acid.

i'll start another thread soon and ask for ideas on how such a thing could happen.

SICKNOTE
16-08-2006, 10:50 AM
you should do

get some poeple coming up with ideas for it

i know its not an easy thing to execute but its still a damn good idea and it'll be worth it

Xyphod
05-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Thomas P Heckmann did some good Early German Acid,I think it was on labworks though i'm not really sure,memory failing me,banging Acid though for when it came out.

278d7e64a374de26f==