PDA

View Full Version : Inigo Kennedy - Iceberg Tips - Asymmetric|MP3|008

inigo kennedy
13-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Inigo Kennedy announces Iceberg Tips - the eighth release for his Asymmetric|MP3 project.

Iceberg Tips is now available as a free MP3 release consisting of four new tracks from the Asymmetric archives. It is downloadable at no cost via the Asymmetric website at www.asymmetric.co.uk.

The four tracks Rise Again, Simply Intricate (Loopen), Aching To Get Beneath and In My Bubble I Float travel from gentle arpeggiating melody to looping techno and on into a deeper more minimal and spacious electronic sound.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.asymmetric.co.uk/mp3/Inigo_Kennedy_ASY_MP3_008_Iceberg_Tips.artwork.jpg (http://www.asymmetric.co.uk/mp3/Inigo_Kennedy_ASY_MP3_008_Iceberg_Tips.jpg)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From this release onward the MP3s are encoded using LAME at an average bit rate of 256Kb/s in high quality full stereo mode. This is a step up in quality from previously and is set to continue. Alternative versions will not be made available.

Other News

Reducer and Tomito Satori Digital Distribution. The entire Reducer and Tomito Satori back-catalogues of vinyl releases on the labels Instillation and Exhibit are now available to buy as high quality MP3s digital distribution in collaboration with Asymmetric partner foryourears.com. More at www.foryourears.com

MySpace. The official Inigo Kennedy and Asymmetric MySpace pages were recently launched at:

www.myspace.com/inigokennedy
www.myspace.com/asymmetricrecords

Khoiba Remix. An Inigo Kennedy remix of Czech band Khoiba's song "Terribly" (featured in the award winning film "Jedna Ruka Netleska" / "One Hand Can't Clap") is released as a free to download MP3 via their website at www.khoiba.org

Asymmetric|MP3 and dBlue VST. The Inigo Kennedy track "Fractured" from Asymmetric MP3 005 is featured by VST plugin developer dBlue to promote the plugin Glitch. More at www.illformed.org/glitch/

Other Information

The full back-catalogues of Asymmetric, Reducer and Tomito Satori vinyl releases are now available to buy as high quality MP3s via digital distribution in collaboration with foryourears.com.

Individual tracks are available to download for €0.99. Full releases are available at a discounted combined price. All the tracks have short preview MP3 clips at 96Kb/s available.

Asymmetric and foryourears.com look forward to your continued and growing support.

Details of Asymmetric can be found at www.asymmetric.co.uk

Further details regarding foryourears.com can be found at www.foryourears.com

Further information regarding Inigo Kennedy and details of his other projects can be found at www.inigokennedy.com

For more information regarding this press release please contact asymmetric@inigokennedy.com

This press release is available online at
www.asymmetric.co.uk/asy_mp3_008_press_release.htm

rotten
13-08-2006, 09:29 PM
why so much press information and details when a 12" would be on top spot??? no need for mp3...

ManiK
13-08-2006, 10:34 PM
the artwork is so powerfull specially in asymp3 007 and 008. tracks are very good i like Simply Intricate.

Mindful
13-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Nice one:)

ds2
13-08-2006, 10:58 PM
awesome.

need some new vinyl though, i'm far too
old to get into these new technologies :oops: !

Lag
14-08-2006, 12:12 AM
theres a bit of a problem with downloads on ur site
in 80% of cases i tried downloading something off of ur site the download doesnt finish. it doesnt stop, or fail - it completes, but not to the end
so i have an mp3 file which tells winamp it lasts 60min (for example - i tried downloading couple of ur mixes the other day) but it ends abruptly after 2min
ur site is the only place ive come by that has this problem and i thought it was just me, so i checked at my friends place but the same problem occured

rotten
14-08-2006, 10:52 AM
hmm works fine this end...

fac
15-08-2006, 01:19 AM
never had problems at the site. nice tracks btw. track 2 (simply intricate) is a bit harsh for my personal taste but the rest is really cool.

Lag
15-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Inigo_Kennedy_ASY_MP3_008_Iceberg_Tips_02_Simply_I ntricate_(Loopen).mp3
this is sooo goood......

basslinejunkie
21-08-2006, 03:51 PM
theres a bit of a problem with downloads on ur site
in 80% of cases i tried downloading something off of ur site the download doesnt finish. it doesnt stop, or fail - it completes, but not to the end
so i have an mp3 file which tells winamp it lasts 60min (for example - i tried downloading couple of ur mixes the other day) but it ends abruptly after 2min
ur site is the only place ive come by that has this problem and i thought it was just me, so i checked at my friends place but the same problem occured

i have exactly the same problem when trying to d/l new/old sets from the site :(

and darksides right,we need new vinyl dammit!!!!! :)

inigo kennedy
21-08-2006, 04:10 PM
[pops head above the parapet]

thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated.

not sure what the situation is with the ocassional broken download and it comes up from time to time. i don't think it'll be easy to investigate so apologies to those few that have problems. the current hosting let's me provide the bandwidth everyone gobbles up via a laser link almost straight into the uk backbone so i can't really justify a move. it's free quality music (even if i say so myself) so i guess we'll have to ride out a few bumps along the way :)

i agree, we need new vinyl. the situation has got to be right (interested parties are more then welcome to get in contact) but let's hope the enthusiasm i'm seeing is met along the whole supply chain :)

inigo

rotten
21-08-2006, 04:20 PM
nice words!

basd
21-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Yup.. Simply intricate is a belter.

xfive
21-08-2006, 11:44 PM
Nice stuff mate.
In My Bubble I Float does it for me overall.

ampassasinbirmingham
23-08-2006, 06:36 PM
nice, really looking foreward to hearing this!!!!

Buttman
23-08-2006, 10:20 PM
forEward?

Dang it, will I need to move to England to teach you slobs to spell properly?

detfella
23-08-2006, 11:42 PM
thanks for these

278d7e64a374de26f==