PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone on here in to Joey Beltrams sound at the mo?

tots
13-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi people,just a small intro,Im a Dj/promoter from Leeds and im in the proccess of booking my next six months dj's so any comments on this subject will be appreciated :techno:

Frank Dogshit
13-08-2006, 09:12 PM
joeys the man. blew me away last time is saw him.

Heroes
13-08-2006, 09:47 PM
sure am

dan the acid man
13-08-2006, 09:51 PM
always a winner

The Overfiend
13-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Code 6 is dope.

tots
13-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Im currentlley in the proccess of booking him for october and things are looking good so keep a look out in the events section for more info in the future :cool:

conflict
13-08-2006, 11:32 PM
safe

eyeswithoutaface
13-08-2006, 11:35 PM
not massively into the disco tinged stuff he does really with obvious exceptions like the Player 8 remix, but saw him not too long ago at Voodoo and he played a pretty classic hard set ala "Places" era Beltram, all the classics, alot of energy and some surprisingly tight mixing, a top night indeed

tots
14-08-2006, 12:00 AM
I was there that night too,i didnt even know he was in the country until a few days before,We got chatting to him on a forum and he invited me and my partner in crime kells to voodoo on his g list, was a wicked night,and to boot we met up with jon nuccle from player which was a bonus........

eyeswithoutaface
14-08-2006, 12:18 AM
ahhh nice one :) probably bumped into each other in some dazed state haha

wikid, good luck with it mate hope it all goes sweet

module
14-08-2006, 01:46 AM
is he still playing disco crap with the same loops Olav Bosaski nicked 7 or 8 years ago ?

STX01 & Player 8 Remix are the only 2 things ive liked from him since around 96/7.

but i live in Belfast so that makes no odds to you lol

good luck with your events though :)

kai
14-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Tots - where abouts is Joy based now - you still down at Mission?

Dont usually come down as not really a massive fan of old school house etc but if Beltrams playing in Leeds I'll certainly make an appearance for that.

Frank Dogshit
14-08-2006, 12:37 PM
took me a while to get into the rising sun ep,but now i think its a really solid album. smashes dancefloors which is the most important thing.

when we saw him at awakenings,he brought an energy to the room like no other dj did that day. cracking out everything from new stuff to old stuff ala 'believer' 'start it up'.

no doubt he'd bore me to tears if i saw him quite often as i believe he does play the same sets quite often but seeing joey is pretty exclusive thesedays which includes anywhere in europe nevermind just the UK.

good luck with this.

tots
14-08-2006, 08:11 PM
ahhh nice one :) probably bumped into each other in some dazed state haha

wikid, good luck with it mate hope it all goes sweetMore than likely :lol: do you live in the yorkshire area?

tots
14-08-2006, 08:13 PM
took me a while to get into the rising sun ep,but now i think its a really solid album. smashes dancefloors which is the most important thing.

when we saw him at awakenings,he brought an energy to the room like no other dj did that day. cracking out everything from new stuff to old stuff ala 'believer' 'start it up'.

no doubt he'd bore me to tears if i saw him quite often as i believe he does play the same sets quite often but seeing joey is pretty exclusive thesedays which includes anywhere in europe nevermind just the UK.

good luck with this.Cheers mate with any luck ill c you there? :techno:

tots
14-08-2006, 08:25 PM

Dont usually come down as not really a massive fan of old school house etc but if Beltrams playing in Leeds I'll certainly make an appearance for that.Have we met?mission have given us a brand new venue called mission annex,this has given us a chance to do what we always planned to do and thats introduce new music that we are in to,to joy.i have been a techno dj for over five years so this is a chance for us to book some shit hot djs and play our own music and productions(maybe higher our profile along the way?)from october 7th joy will hold two monthly slots(1st and 3rd sat of the month 1st will be new music and the 3rd will be our old skool house night......

tots
14-08-2006, 08:37 PM
[quote="module"]is he still playing disco crap with the same loops Olav Bosaski nicked 7 or 8 years ago ?

STX01 & Player 8 Remix are the only 2 things ive liked from him since around 96/7.

but i live in Belfast so that makes no odds to you lol

good luck with your events though :)[/quote)I dont think he would still be in the scene if he was playing the same style as 96/97 :roll: ill bang some of his mixes on in the next few weeks so you can have gander it doesnt matter where you live all comments appreciated :techno:

module
14-08-2006, 09:44 PM
fair do's tots. jus my tupence ;)

but yeah, i was a huge fan of hiJB3 stuff & earlier bits on Tresor, but i really didnt dig his disco vibe..and yes, the 12s i mention are quite old, but they arent the last thing i heard. his double pack (soemthing to with sun ?) didnt grab me at all.. and a few other things i heard didnt buzz me. my point was that those were the only 12s that DID grab me.. and they were bac about then i think.. anything since hasnt done it for me.

but its purely subjective based on taste. in truth, nothing has really grabbed me this last while back.. even the new CounterBalance i found a bit.. dull.

module
14-08-2006, 09:46 PM
but i have recently married and i am gettin to that Grumpy Old Men part of life ;)

i'll get me (very comfortable BHS) coat :(

tots
14-08-2006, 10:05 PM
To be honest the last tracks i bought of joeys before i re kindled my interest was metro on promo and the jb3 stuff myself, ive only just over the last six months started to take note again,and i like what i hear.plus i actually met the guy a couple of months ago,its a real breath of fresh air to speak to a guy as sound as he was.respect!

fac
15-08-2006, 01:00 AM
i'm really a huge fan of the old beltram stuff. almost everything until ball park. in my opinion the last really good record he made (but thats only my taste). this disco stuff is really not my cup of tea. all nice produced but not the stuff i'm into. the only one i liked was that player remix.

and now this new one on tresor (226). first i only liked the b-side but after buying the record and hearing the a-side in a club i have to admit that i like it, too. although its not so far away from his other recent disco stuff.

davethedrummer
15-08-2006, 01:18 AM
i wasn't so into his stx stuff , obviously love his classic trax
but the rising sun double pack thats a killer!
i've heard it all over the place in all sorts of sets
it never fails

module
15-08-2006, 01:21 AM
whamp whamp whaaa whamp.. wa wa whamp waa whump..

EK-STA-CEE

The Overfiend
15-08-2006, 01:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yuMKPkBMUQ

fac
15-08-2006, 01:33 AM
:clap: hahaha, first class

fac
15-08-2006, 01:34 AM
i always liked the slater mix much more btw

The Overfiend
15-08-2006, 01:52 AM
Really?
I preferred the original.

davethedrummer
15-08-2006, 01:55 AM
i love that video

it's honest

The Overfiend
15-08-2006, 02:01 AM
That's as New York City as it gets.
Down to the graffiti writers and all.

davethedrummer
15-08-2006, 02:47 AM
moustaches
bad hair
delis

the lot :razz:

module
15-08-2006, 04:02 AM
Slaters mix is maybe my all time #1.. never ever failed to put me on the floor.

orig is good, but its not a patch on the Slater mix.. imo ;)

kai
15-08-2006, 11:06 AM

Dont usually come down as not really a massive fan of old school house etc but if Beltrams playing in Leeds I'll certainly make an appearance for that.

Have we met?mission have given us a brand new venue called mission annex,this has given us a chance to do what we always planned to do and thats introduce new music that we are in to,to joy.i have been a techno dj for over five years so this is a chance for us to book some shit hot djs and play our own music and productions(maybe higher our profile along the way?)from october 7th joy will hold two monthly slots(1st and 3rd sat of the month 1st will be new music and the 3rd will be our old skool house night......

Think we met briefly when you guys did the second room at the Frank De Wulf night Darkside did last December - and we have a couple of mutual acquaintances I believe - Paul H, Ben Fisher and the rest of the Good Times lot, Tetley, Hazel, Barry and co from Huddersfield, Ewan Cawood, Rossco, Ian Dawes from over Bradford - but no we don't actually know each other as such.

Sounds promising though man - may well be down for some of the techier stuff - will keep eyes peeled on here for line-ups!

slimboy
15-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Ballpark

tots
15-08-2006, 09:04 PM

Have we met?mission have given us a brand new venue called mission annex,this has given us a chance to do what we always planned to do and thats introduce new music that we are in to,to joy.i have been a techno dj for over five years so this is a chance for us to book some shit hot djs and play our own music and productions(maybe higher our profile along the way?)from october 7th joy will hold two monthly slots(1st and 3rd sat of the month 1st will be new music and the 3rd will be our old skool house night......

Think we met briefly when you guys did the second room at the Frank De Wulf night Darkside did last December - and we have a couple of mutual acquaintances I believe - Paul H, Ben Fisher and the rest of the Good Times lot, Tetley, Hazel, Barry and co from Huddersfield, Ewan Cawood, Rossco, Ian Dawes from over Bradford - but no we don't actually know each other as such.

Sounds promising though man - may well be down for some of the techier stuff - will keep eyes peeled on here for line-ups!Some good stuff to come mate!Ye ewan plays for us every couple a month and advises us from time to time(old uncle ewan :lol: )and pauls done a few slots but he's more in to the goodtimes thing,As a fellow promotor ill put you on the guest list if you come down,you still running your night?

tots
16-08-2006, 01:06 AM
Ive added Beltram mix to the techno filez forum check it out if you have a minute.

module
16-08-2006, 02:44 AM
will do tots :)

The Overfiend
16-08-2006, 02:48 AM
check out his awakenings set, he killed it that night in my opinion

kai
16-08-2006, 10:47 AM

Sounds promising though man - may well be down for some of the techier stuff - will keep eyes peeled on here for line-ups!Some good stuff to come mate!Ye ewan plays for us every couple a month and advises us from time to time(old uncle ewan :lol: )and pauls done a few slots but he's more in to the goodtimes thing,As a fellow promotor ill put you on the guest list if you come down,you still running your night?

Wicked man - sounds like an offer I can't refuse there matey!!!

As for the Hard Life nights - did last one in June this year and having an extended sabbatical for rest of this year - planning to start a new night up early next year in either Leeds or Manc (venue negotiations will determine which ;) ) but with a new name so can take things in a different direction musically - dropping the hardstyle and hard trance altogether and moving more towards the harder edged techno and the hardtek stuff - pos incorporating some drum n bass/jungle orentated sounds in a 2nd room or maybe even breaks/electro to help get people in.

Just got sick to death of hardstyle basically so a complete revamp needed imo but taking some time to chill and think it through first!

Frank Dogshit
16-08-2006, 10:55 AM
good work,hardstyle sucks the root anyway.

should be kept in good greef.

tots
16-08-2006, 06:45 PM

As for the Hard Life nights - did last one in June this year and having an extended sabbatical for rest of this year - planning to start a new night up early next year in either Leeds or Manc (venue negotiations will determine which ;) ) but with a new name so can take things in a different direction musically - dropping the hardstyle and hard trance altogether and moving more towards the harder edged techno and the hardtek stuff - pos incorporating some drum n bass/jungle orentated sounds in a 2nd room or maybe even breaks/electro to help get people in.

Just got sick to death of hardstyle basically so a complete revamp needed imo but taking some time to chill and think it through first!Good man!if you like it hard check dj bam bam,jamie bismire or people like chris leibing out there among some of my faves they'll have you wondering why you ever liked hard style, im a purist so the only genres for me are house and techno :techno:

tots
16-08-2006, 06:46 PM
check out his awakenings set, he killed it that night in my opinionWhere will i find this bud?

tots
16-08-2006, 09:02 PM
check out his awakenings set, he killed it that night in my opinionWhere will i find this bud?Where will i find this bud?[/quote]Sorry mate just had an email off joey asking me to take it off so he can send me a cleaner version (in his words he dont want no wack dope going out lol) so keep a look out on the techno filez section in near future.

kai
16-08-2006, 09:04 PM

Just got sick to death of hardstyle basically so a complete revamp needed imo but taking some time to chill and think it through first!Good man!if you like it hard check dj bam bam,jamie bismire or people like chris leibing out there among some of my faves they'll have you wondering why you ever liked hard style, im a purist so the only genres for me are house and techno :techno:

Yeah man - like the bismire and bam bam stuff - not really a fan of Liebing's sound though.

Originally from a hardcore back ground myself before disvcovering The Orbit - drifted across to hardstyle when they shut down but lost interest after a while as discovered the tek scene and then rekindled a serious interest in techno when started going down DArkside and Fusion regular last year.

Never really had much of a feeling for house tbh - never really done it for me.

kai
16-08-2006, 09:07 PM
good work,hardstyle sucks the root anyway.

should be kept in good greef.

Too right - just euro hard house when it comes down to it - not an underground scene at root and was always destined to be absorbed into our commercial clubs with hindsight. (imo)

fac
16-08-2006, 09:16 PM
can you sweethearts please stop this quoting-orgy? write pm's. you are far away from being on-topic.

el salvador
18-08-2006, 02:42 PM
it alway is cool when a producer have him (or her ;) . ) own sound to their production

tots
18-08-2006, 11:06 PM
it alway is cool when a producer have him (or her ;) . ) own sound to their productionI couldnt agree more mat ;)

tots
18-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Mate i mean,sorry bad spelling lol

tots
18-08-2006, 11:27 PM
This is the biggest response to a thread that i have posted on any site for a long time thanks for the response,i realise we are moving off topic but keep it going people if you have any more comments,joey beltram will be in leeds on the 7th october........

278d7e64a374de26f==