PDA

View Full Version : New Kids & Old Heads

module
15-08-2006, 01:14 AM
is there a difference in attitude ? me thinks so..

some of the debates.. they seem to have much enthusiasm from the younger fresh dudes, where as the older players are down on things a bit more..

familiarty breeds contempt maybe ? maybe not ?

dunno.. i'm guilty of the Grumpy Old (ex) Dj syndrome more & more these days, where as the exact same issue ten years ago, i would have been brimming with positive energy, now i find it much easier to see the downsides..

thoughts ?

davethedrummer
15-08-2006, 01:28 AM
well the younger chaps have the edge on me for enthusiasm these days i'm sure about that.
but maybe a bit of experience can go a long way.
and to be honest i'm just as passionate as always about PLAYING music just maybe not so passionate about TALKING music these days.
as talking about it rarely unearths anything new for me anymore.

as far as the london scene goes it still relies very heavily on the older guys to pull in the people
but i put that down to the crowd and not the dj ability.

in all honesty , it is still the older guys who are playing the best dj sets for me. i have to say it.
i love the energy of younger djs but as i grow older myself i feel more connected with people who mix and match a little more and show their history by their choice of records.
this style of elctronic music is only 15 or so years old
still a baby
the movement is splitting into older and younger groups , perhaps eventually it will settle down and the genre thing will relax a little

personally i cannot wait for that time to happen.

module
15-08-2006, 01:31 AM
outstanding mr drummer.. another huge lump of sense from you yet again..

ive always been a believer in the 'young genre' ideal.. jazz & rocknroll are older & have settled down where as the 909 Revolution (i know.. groan) is still a stroppy young kid..

excellent point about showing history by playing a wider selection. cheers :)

holotropik
15-08-2006, 01:35 PM
yeah spot on mr drummer, good wordz.

Fusion
15-08-2006, 01:40 PM
there are older players still living in the past - they are negative

then the are the older players who are intersted in their as well as now and future ...

children aren't the future
their parents are the future ... follow that logic?

278d7e64a374de26f==