PDA

View Full Version : Technasia

The Overfiend
15-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Consistently two of my favorite producers.
Dj wise I think they rock sh*t.
Anyone else agree disagree?

conflict
15-08-2006, 11:00 PM
ya man siegling is a shit hot dj

didnt buy that last album tho, wasnt feeling the tracks

basslinejunkie
16-08-2006, 12:21 AM
ive never been a fan of the tracks they make to be honest.certainly know how 2 rock it dj/live wise tho.

The Overfiend
16-08-2006, 12:59 AM
I dig popsoda
But Future Mix does it for me.
Been listening to their material a lot more than usual lately.

eyeswithoutaface
16-08-2006, 01:12 AM
love the older stuff, not too keen on the newer stuff really, doesnt have that bite and edge that the early releases had for me. "Cyclone" still remains possibly THE most damaging track when played out, and got some corking memories from hearing "hydra" out. Siegling rocks it as a dj and the live act is just stunning

audioinjection
16-08-2006, 01:29 AM
theyve got some phat tracks, but i think they rock a show better.......though ive never seen them live, but from sets ive heard

rhythmtech
16-08-2006, 01:37 AM
im loving final quadrant (the cosmic blast) at the moment. they always were and always will be pure lushness on the ears.

The Overfiend
16-08-2006, 02:30 AM
Been listening to Evergreen nonstop

Technobitch
16-08-2006, 10:45 AM
seen them in dance valley this year, was a wicked set and they are really entertaining, thats the whole package for me - good tunes and they work together so well

Frank Dogshit
16-08-2006, 10:46 AM
probably my fave producers.

took me a while to get into popsoda as there taking it off in a different direction,but the album kicks ass imo. builds really well. that 'ghetto freak' track is killing clubs at the moment,does remind me of 'turbulence' a little too much tho!

koma
16-08-2006, 10:46 AM
heard them live about 2 weeks ago
they were very good
combination of older and newer tracks

lau
16-08-2006, 10:55 AM
heard em live this weekend....

they played cyclone.... which nearly killed me ( again....) and Force, the two tracks that I love em for ....

Havent heard anything new of em ( or I probably did but didnt know..).... their old stuff is hot tho..... not all of it but they just have a couple of killer tunes..

Frank Dogshit
16-08-2006, 10:59 AM
that '2 the floor' tune is dire imo.

only particularly bad track on the latest album i thought.

eyeswithoutaface
16-08-2006, 11:10 AM
yeah i really dont like that "2 the floor" track, and i wasnt keen on that FUSE presents either really. Your right on the "Turbulance" feeling too Danny boy

Lovely chaps too have to say, met and spoke to amil and siegling on a couple of occasions and really down to earth

Jay Pace
16-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Saw a video of them live at the exit festival. Looked mint.

Siegling is one of the best djs I have ever seen.

And their productions are consistently brilliant.

Not a bad word to say about them.

They even do cool sleeve art.

BloodStar
16-08-2006, 02:04 PM
Siegling is good dj in my eyes,. I hadnt chance to see Technasia live, but tracks like Hydra or Cyclone are my favourites.. didnt have a chance to hear Popsoda..

Frank Dogshit
16-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Siegling is good dj in my eyes,. I hadnt chance to see Technasia live, but tracks like Hydra or Cyclone are my favourites.. didnt have a chance to hear Popsoda..

its well worth a listen just to hear there progression since future mix. all pretty synthy and reworks of acid storm,nebula on there.

good afterparty sounds.

Sunil
16-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Not feeling Popsoda very much. Certainly it's good for what it is... very well produced, but a bit too 'stadium' like for me. And can someone please tell Siegling NOT to sing as well, he's absolutely awful and sounds like Sophie Ellis Bextor! Good DJ though :)

stjohn
16-08-2006, 03:18 PM
anyone rememeber 'Star Trax??'

I heard this was a technasia moniker...ive been trying to find them for yonks to no avail... really funky shit

Frank Dogshit
16-08-2006, 03:57 PM
[quote="stjohn"]anyone rememeber 'Star Trax??'

i think that was the thing he did with 'shin' i could be wrong.

hard funky stuff indeed

Traxx
16-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Rhythm machine

eyeswithoutaface
16-08-2006, 06:28 PM
yeah Startrax was deadly, seriously effective dancefloor ep that

Dustin Zahn
16-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Technasia put out some classic records. There's a few cool cuts on the new LP but none of them do it for me like their old material did. Declamation, Force, Hydra, Evergreen, Nebula, and the Silvery Sounds of K remix are all classics. Acid Storm was pretty nice too but Hawtin kinda played that one out too much for me. I recently caught Charles DJing in Berlin @ Maria, and he played really ****ing hard. Hard enough to the point where the owner of the club wasn't really down with it. But, it was pretty awesome.

module
16-08-2006, 09:57 PM
never really dug their tracks.. ive seen ppl piss their pants over some Technasia but i jus dont get it.

and never seen them live or djing, but i have it from a good source or 3 who i trust that siegling is a killer dj.

Traxx
16-08-2006, 10:11 PM
He is a ****in top dj. They have been ace the few times ive seen 'em live as well. Took the piddle last time i caught 'em at atomic jam. On that note who else was on at aj that night they were on? been the subject of a good few debates when wrecked lately & we cant agree. Clarke & someone?

eyeswithoutaface
16-08-2006, 10:44 PM
i cant remember the lineup that night they played live at the sanctuary. I know Finkey and Ade were on too but i really cannot remember the rest, the 7th birthday however i do. Clarke, Siegling, Rachmad, Fenton and Tony Work. Glorious night, absolutely glorious

Traxx
16-08-2006, 11:14 PM
You remember that night years ago in liverpool with siegling, sure you were there. Cant even remember what the club was called or the night. Was in that club next to nation?

eyeswithoutaface
16-08-2006, 11:31 PM
yep indeedy, it was Elate, i was actually next door in Cream watching Ladytron at the ill-fated Electrovoodoo but it closed well early so we all piled next door. I played the month after Siegling, me and Brenny boy, mad little club that was, run by an even madder old guy. Funny as ****. That was literaly about 6 years ago wasnt it!

eyeswithoutaface
16-08-2006, 11:32 PM
the club was called, originally, The Other Place. Cool dj booth right at the top of the building looking down on everyone, actually had a great night that night played a good set and got royally pissed up

Traxx
17-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Yeah it was a mad venue. Very 051 though in there i thought though in terms of how the club looked. 6 years??? shit :crybaby:

eyeswithoutaface
17-08-2006, 10:37 AM
haha yes mate i know, i was only 17 then, 24 in october, how time flies! scary stuff

slimboy
17-08-2006, 02:58 PM
He is a **** top dj. They have been ace the few times ive seen 'em live as well. Took the piddle last time i caught 'em at atomic jam. On that note who else was on at aj that night they were on? been the subject of a good few debates when wrecked lately & we cant agree. Clarke & someone?

Yeah I was there too. Pretty sure it was James Ruskin.

Traxx
17-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Wasnt ruskin on the claude young night not long after/before???

eyeswithoutaface
17-08-2006, 07:21 PM
IVE GOT IT!

Clarke, Ruskin, Technasia live, Ade and the Finkster

sorted

Traxx
17-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Haha thought it went a little somethin like that. Corker of a night that. Shame it got moved from the que last minute.

eyeswithoutaface
17-08-2006, 07:36 PM
yeah definately

cant believe i didnt know you boys then either, i'd seen Si's unmistakable face at practically every techno event over the past couple of years but never spoke to any of you lot, i knew Katie and Joe pretty well by then but that was about it

Jay Pace
17-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Clarke, Ruskin, Technasia live, Ade and the Finkster

Thats an outstanding lineup.

Jealous.

eyeswithoutaface
17-08-2006, 08:15 PM
twas an unreal night. how about the 7th bday then, that was Clarke, Siegling, Steve Rachmad and Fenton

conflict
17-08-2006, 08:49 PM
no dj knoxy?

shit then

Traxx
17-08-2006, 11:48 PM
cant believe i didnt know you boys then either, i'd seen Si's unmistakable face at practically every techno event over the past couple of years but never spoke to any of you lot, i knew Katie and Joe pretty well by then but that was about it

Everybody knows that cunt for one reason or another. Jim'll fix it when your at a loss for stuff in a club.

eyeswithoutaface
18-08-2006, 12:39 AM
hahaha :) good lad he is

jock
21-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Technasia live were amazing at Pukkelpop in Belgium on Saturday, mid evening slot and hard as ****, totally blown away by them!!

marginmaster
21-08-2006, 10:27 AM
twas an unreal night. how about the 7th bday then, that was Clarke, Siegling, Steve Rachmad and Fenton

charles seigling was fantastic that night, i was goin tits down the front all through his set, great memories.
utmost respect to technasia, these fellas make classics that stand the test of time. :clap:

BastardoElectrico
25-08-2006, 02:41 PM
ya man siegling is a shit hot dj

didnt buy that last album tho, wasnt feeling the tracks

I agree on both points.Amazin Dj puts loads of energy into his sets but
i just wasnt gettin the album either.In fairness there was one track on it which was up to his usual standard but the rest seemed to be tryin to hard to be something.

The Overfiend
25-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Not for nothing I'm listening to the Plus mixes
The Cd Double Pack
The Shin one has a better track selection to me
Most of the mixes that float around the net are Siegling?
Are there any more out there of just Shin?

lissajou
30-08-2006, 06:58 AM
haven't listened to them in a minute, tho i had the chance to see anil spin in hk a million years ago, and had my ass rocked thoroughly. totally sweet and enthused cat, besides.

as an aside, i started a set in taipei with one of their tunes not long afterward,
and felt chills up my spine, watching the room react madwise to a techno record
featuring actual sampled mandarin.

CLASSIC.

danielmarshall
01-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Hydra (which I must stress does not fall into the category) kinda makes me wonder wether hard trance COULD have had a respectable sound provided the majority of its producers hadn't taken such a juvinile approach. I love Technasia's style of mixing thrashing techno percussion with emotional and moody pads/ leads to create something truly unique. Jackin and funky as, yet intelligent. Force still gives me the cold shivers!

tekara
01-09-2006, 05:33 PM
funny you mention technasia,

im in Hong Kong at the moment and i just saw Amil walking down the street drinking on a coke with some girl.

lol

tekara
01-09-2006, 05:35 PM
interview i did with him a while back

http://www.hkclubbing.com/Interviews/Interviews_for_2004/Amil_Khan_(Technasia)_Interview.html

tekara
01-09-2006, 05:36 PM
this ones with oliver ho i did a few weeks ago

http://www.hkclubbing.com/Interviews/Interviews_for_2006/Oliver_Ho_Interview.html

danielmarshall
03-09-2006, 05:38 AM
Cheers for the links.

danielmarshall
03-09-2006, 06:18 AM
"...I would say one of the main difficulties in techno music becoming widely accepted globally like trance, is that its really loop oriented. When you listen to a bar in a techno track its just a minimalist loop to most people. Personally i go crazy when i hear a loop because theres so much going on in there. I just dont think people have taken the time to really concentrate on a loop. You listen to a minimal track in the past by Richie Hawtin and theres just so much color! That is one of the reason why techno music is hard to accept because people dont have the time to read between the lines, and see through it and be sensitivie to the music..." - Amil Khan

278d7e64a374de26f==