PDA

View Full Version : Nuccle vs H, Cold Dust

Sunil
16-08-2006, 04:16 AM
Going back through old records, and I'm convinced that the material these guys put together is the epitome of hard club techno. The releases on Red Seal, Black & White, Core, AMC etc. For the hard sound I don't think some of these records will ever be bettered.

I know the same could be said of some other producers but there's a certain 'bite' in some of these records that will always make me come back to them.

The Overfiend
16-08-2006, 05:49 AM
Agreed.

RDR
16-08-2006, 09:55 AM
I have loads of them... nice fella is john nuccle to. The H release on Acruacree was just HARSH a real pounder that just keeps getting nastier... not much funk there though hahaha

Si the Sigh
16-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Got a few Red Seal's, and I have to say they are cracking releases. :)

eyeswithoutaface
16-08-2006, 11:14 AM
yep agreed. The remixes ep's are my fave's still, Seal 12 and 14. The "wolfman jack" remixes are damaging and nuff said about the Forshaw remix of "Nervehammer"

lau
16-08-2006, 11:41 AM
....and nuff said about the Forshaw remix of "Nervehammer"

Yeah thats definitly the one.... OMG!!! Still pisses on many of todays hard techno tracks.....

:rambo:

eyeswithoutaface
16-08-2006, 12:37 PM
i remember playing a gig in manchester once and i set the speakers on fire playing that on about +8. One minute i was there pissed as a fart next i was trapped by these big stacks on fire, numerous bouncers spraying water about, and just general mayhem. My first and last gig in manchester that

RDR
16-08-2006, 01:26 PM
i remember playing a gig in manchester once and i set the speakers on fire playing that on about +8. One minute i was there pissed as a fart next i was trapped by these big stacks on fire, numerous bouncers spraying water about, and just general mayhem. My first and last gig in manchester that

Bahahah!

tots
16-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Couldnt agree more ,i have a few red seal releases and still play them now,ive recently met jon and he's a sound guy i have cold dust booked for march next year so im really looking forward to that.

crime
16-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Coldust - Planetary forming materials on Syncopate, orange vinyl... big influence on my Djax sound.... are colddust wonky techno then???

massplanck
16-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Mark you are my wonky-techno hero.

massplanck
16-08-2006, 09:52 PM
:paranoid:

module
16-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Coldust - Planetary forming materials on Syncopate, orange vinyl... big influence on my Djax sound.... are colddust wonky techno then???

i used to have a few colored vinyls from Cold Dust.. mental mental jack hammer techno.. even a few friends who were into harder stuff at the time thoguth the were one step too far lol

used to jus cut & bang thru them like a deranged maniac lol

actually, of my all time fave 12s is by Nuccle & H on AMC.. Cableheads i think its called.. this thuderous bass heavy linear roller that jus builds & builds.. its f**king nasty :rambo:

seamus
16-08-2006, 10:26 PM
i have a few of their productions under different names, best for me has got to be 'Rio Grande'. Totally pounding, not much of a home listening experience but would leave any club climbing the walls!

seamus
16-08-2006, 10:27 PM
......oh yeah, it's by Cold Dust and came out on Red Seal.

crime
16-08-2006, 10:35 PM

i used to have a few colored vinyls from Cold Dust.. mental mental jack hammer techno.. even a few friends who were into harder stuff at the time thoguth the were one step too far lol

used to jus cut & bang thru them like a deranged maniac lol

actually, of my all time fave 12s is by Nuccle & H on AMC.. Cableheads i think its called.. this thuderous bass heavy linear roller that jus builds & builds.. its f**king nasty :rambo:

H - Pathfinder was wicked too....

eyeswithoutaface
16-08-2006, 10:39 PM
jesus almost forgot about the "World Downfall" series for a moment there!

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Sunil
17-08-2006, 02:15 AM

You said it! I've destroyed my ears with that one, so many times :) That's possibly their rawest track... the way the kick hovers like it has a kill switch on it and then BAM, it's bloody vicious :rambo:

Sunil
17-08-2006, 02:22 AM

I was convinced for years that that record had been made by someone mysterious from NYC as it was the first Cold Dust 12" I had and didn't know who that was. Then I put the record away, and never really went back to it for some reason. It was only there a few years ago when I picked up a second copy and read "Cold Dust" on it that I realised "Oh, of course".

It plays backwards I think. Deadly record.

A few of their Stay Up Forever records aren't to be scoffed at either.

el salvador
17-08-2006, 02:30 AM
i have the comunique cold dust doulbe12". there is a treck there called the voodoo, and it have a sound and a riff like the richie hawtin minus orange, but it was a long time before. very cool track

Sunil
17-08-2006, 02:38 AM
I don't think I have that Communique dbl pack.
Re: Minus Orange - Most of that record is made up of samples from the band Yello.

el salvador
17-08-2006, 03:10 AM
i havent seen many tunes from john nuccle these days. does he still make techno?

is mike humphries the only one from the duo who is still making tracks?

The Overfiend
17-08-2006, 03:32 AM
Krimewave

el salvador
17-08-2006, 04:10 AM
i find crimewave.com but is not techno. this cant be john nuccle. can it?

The Overfiend
17-08-2006, 06:26 AM
He does hip hop beats for Wu Tang you know.

conflict
17-08-2006, 08:13 AM
I don't think I have that Communique dbl pack.
Re: Minus Orange - Most of that record is made up of samples from the band Yello.

http://www.thebestlegaladvice.com/lawyer.php?vid=6Z6Jk6N1WnI

:lol:

module
17-08-2006, 04:59 PM

lol.. i remember getting that.. i was jus starying out on dex at the time & was jus dumbfounded lol

el salvador
18-08-2006, 02:38 PM

lol.. i remember getting that.. i was jus starying out on dex at the time & was jus dumbfounded lol

i got this one too. on orange vinyl :cheese:

the sounds they are very "wonky"

crime
18-08-2006, 04:08 PM

i got this one too. on orange vinyl :cheese:

the sounds they are very "wonky"

no, not wonky, it doesn't just sound like a formulae. that doesn't make it wonky, the fact that it doesn't sound like a formulae, it wasn't wonky then or now... it was just good, raw analog shit, an actual RIFF, not 5 loops overcompressed with a big kick & ride cymbals put over the top... anyone who uses the term wonky from now on will be treated to a slow painfull death in a vat of acid... Shall we start saying Space DJz or The Advent sounds are a bit "Schranz"? No, I don't think so....

crime
18-08-2006, 04:09 PM
NSC backward cuts were great to put on as your last record, really play with the next djs head...

crime
18-08-2006, 04:11 PM
is that the deal then, anything that doesn't fit into the "techno stereotype" is wonky now? shove your genres up your ar se and just listen, fu ck pidgeonholes...

crime
18-08-2006, 09:27 PM
shit, maybe I should change my name to "Thread killer", I have got my tounge seriously in my cheek right now....

BastardoElectrico
25-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Going back through old records, and I'm convinced that the material these guys put together is the epitome of hard club techno. The releases on Red Seal, Black & White, Core, AMC etc. For the hard sound I don't think some of these records will ever be bettered.

I know the same could be said of some other producers but there's a certain 'bite' in some of these records that will always make me come back to them.

also agreed, only lately have been going back through the collection and pulling out all those old Colddust and Nuccle records and they sound as damaging as ever.

BastardoElectrico
25-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Yeah whats Nuccle up to these days? Has he released anything lately

el salvador
26-08-2006, 12:39 PM
i must be time for these guys to make new record now :pray:

Microdot
30-08-2006, 04:53 PM

I've been working on some Hip Hop projects the past couple of years, the first couple of which drop early 2007, so not done much Techno in that time, apart from Player 020 and Player 025, with Player 027 and Player 028 imminent.
Got an Infamous Player release on Primate ready to drop too, and a new label, Infamous Records, with it's first release hitting the streets late September.
There's a Joey Beltram remix of the aforementioned Rio Grande by Cold Dust in the pipeline too.

Microdot
30-08-2006, 04:57 PM
oh yeah, and updating the ****ing Infamous Player site too...........
that shit is way out of date

el salvador
01-09-2006, 02:40 AM

I've been working on some Hip Hop projects the past couple of years, the first couple of which drop early 2007, so not done much Techno in that time, apart from Player 020 and Player 025, with Player 027 and Player 028 imminent.
Got an Infamous Player release on Primate ready to drop too, and a new label, Infamous Records, with it's first release hitting the streets late September.
There's a Joey Beltram remix of the aforementioned Rio Grande by Cold Dust in the pipeline too.

come on mr nuccle. when you guys make a new cold dust record?

Microdot
03-10-2006, 08:47 PM

come on mr nuccle. when you guys make a new cold dust record?

who knows, theres nothing new planned for the immediate future though.

Microdot
07-11-2006, 01:30 PM
thought I'd update youse all with the latest Cold Dust news.......
Cold Dust will be performing an exclusive reunion show at Joy in Leeds on March 3rd 2007.
I'll keep you posted as I find out more.....

RDR
07-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Excellent! Looking foward to that...

prozac
07-11-2006, 06:18 PM
yep agreed. The remixes ep's are my fave's still, Seal 12 and 14. The "wolfman jack" remixes are damaging and nuff said about the Forshaw remix of "Nervehammer"

yup
forshaw mix is nuts

seamus
07-11-2006, 08:11 PM

beltram mix of rio grande!!!! i'll 'ave me a bit of that. hopefully soon?

DJPAUZE
07-11-2006, 08:13 PM
I'd have to agree with this statement as well, loved the AMC shit was off the hook.

Pauze

Microdot
28-02-2007, 03:43 PM
COLD DUST are playing their first live set in over 5 years at JOY at THE MINT CLUB, LEEDS on BANK HOLIDAY SUNDAY 8TH APRIL 2007.

COLD DUST will be playing all your favourite RED SEAL classics plus much brand new material.....

see youse all there

drift9
28-02-2007, 05:58 PM
COLD DUST are playing their first live set in over 5 years at JOY at THE MINT CLUB, LEEDS on BANK HOLIDAY SUNDAY 8TH APRIL 2007.

COLD DUST will be playing all your favourite RED SEAL classics plus much brand new material.....

see youse all there

Man oh man, wish I could check this out. If only Leeds was a bit closer to NYC. Bet this will be incredible.

conflict
03-03-2007, 10:03 PM
world downfall

badass

Microdot
01-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Man oh man, wish I could check this out. If only Leeds was a bit closer to NYC. Bet this will be incredible.

dead right, was an excellent night with the dancefloor buzzing from start to finish....

drift9
02-08-2007, 03:47 AM
dead right, was an excellent night with the dancefloor buzzing from start to finish....

yeah--got the set downloaded. terrific stuff. love the classics you got in there. you guys got anything planned in the near future?

The Overfiend
02-08-2007, 04:23 AM
We need to bring dudes like this to the states.
I remember when David Sumner was bringing the kings to Limelight for a minute there.

drift9
02-08-2007, 07:05 PM
We need to bring dudes like this to the states.
I remember when David Sumner was bringing the kings to Limelight for a minute there.

Yeah--those Substance parties of his at Limelight were the real deal. How i do miss those days.

Mucky Beats
03-08-2007, 01:29 PM
these guys rock! nuccle and humphries make wicked techno !

Resistor Records
06-08-2007, 02:07 PM
inigo kennedy vs era on red seal had one of my most favourite tracks of all time on there. shat over most other techno offerings

The Overfiend
06-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Yeah--those Substance parties of his at Limelight were the real deal. How i do miss those days.

Exactly, my crew used to run the Main Ingredient hip hop parties in the chapel during those same Saturday night events.
Nothing like sitting VIP with the likes of Lennox Lewis and whoever was the main rapper of the time then to go and hang out behind the stage in the main room when Ruskin is destroying three turntables.

subdivisionmedia
12-08-2007, 11:08 AM
alright... jon and mike are definitely up for playing live again:

COLD DUST joined SUBDIVISION BOOKINGS this month!!!

worldwide bookings are now taken :)

------------------------------------------

peace, SUBDIVISION
www.myspace.com/subdivisionbookings - bookings

www.myspace.com/subdivisonmedia - labels

www.subdivisionmedia.com - hp (new design with updated features like mp3 downloads etc will be launched beginning of september!)

Microdot
31-08-2007, 08:06 PM
alright... jon and mike are definitely up for playing live again:

COLD DUST joined SUBDIVISION BOOKINGS this month!!!

worldwide bookings are now taken :)

peace, SUBDIVISION
www.myspace.com/subdivisionbookings - bookings

www.myspace.com/subdivisonmedia - labels

www.subdivisionmedia.com - hp (new design with updated features like mp3 downloads etc will be launched beginning of september!)

word

Microdot
18-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Cold Dust - Snakepit, re-released for digital download...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/krimewave/Seal010a_label.jpg (http://www.trackitdown.net/genre/techno/track/447574.html)

BranLanen
18-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Only digital?

Microdot
22-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Only digital?

for now......

John Vella
21-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmmm RED SEAL!!! :)

Now we're talking!!!!!!!!!!

seamus
30-03-2008, 12:26 PM
for now......

is there going to be any more of the back catalogue released digitally?

Microdot
31-03-2008, 10:10 AM

yeah, I'm in the process of uploading the back cat to Juno now.

We did have it all uploaded to Trackitdown and ready to go but the ****wits there lost all the uploads (and the Core back cat too) so, needless to say, the Red Seal shit won't be available on Trackitdown.

I'll post in here when it's all ready to go live.

Microdot
02-04-2008, 06:41 PM

there's now about 5 or 6 Red Seal releases available for Download from Juno, here:-

Red Seal Back Cat (http://www.juno.co.uk/labels/Red+Seal/download/?merchandise=yes&music=yes)

I'm gonna upload some more shit in the next week or so, I'll keep ya posted...

278d7e64a374de26f==