PDA

View Full Version : Man U prepared to spend £30m on Owen Hargreaves

theledge
16-08-2006, 11:17 PM
According to BBC website

Surely about £27 million too much...and potentially the worst bit of transfer dealing Ferguson has indulged in
:lol:

french_og
16-08-2006, 11:20 PM
I think you will find it is 13 million. Not sure how he would fit in their side after they have bought Carrick and they have Scholes still but he is a quality player as he showed in the World Cup and again tonight.

theledge
16-08-2006, 11:27 PM
One Hargreaves tackle on the edge of his area was outstanding and his man of the match display woud have further impressed Manchester United, who are reportedly ready to pay £30m to sign him.

I think he lacks the class for the highest level. It would be interesting to see how he fits in at Man U but i reckon £13m is too much and £30m is surely a piss take

french_og
16-08-2006, 11:41 PM
30 million has not been mentioned anywhere but if Carrick is work 18 million then Hargreaves is worth 13.

Hargreaves makes so many tackles and get about the pitch so quickly. He was voted England best player at the world cup so if thats not the highes level i´m not sure what is.

Traxx
17-08-2006, 08:37 AM
13 million??? bet fergies arse is stingin again this month hahaha. Mugs..

theledge
17-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Well the slack bastards at the BBC website have changed it back to £13m this morning...so thats my thread blown out the water :roll: :lol:

You a united fan? All the best with Hargreaves if u are :razz:

Esox Lucius
17-08-2006, 08:54 AM
hargreaves is class, would be a great signing.

nick_anarchy
17-08-2006, 12:50 PM
haha hes not even goin utd .. utd made an interest but thats it , says a bid went in but wasnt no ware near 13 nor 30 haha ... after all he was the best player for england in the world cup , showed gerrard and lampard how to boss a game in the games he played ... tho he wouldnt get in utd team .

french_og
17-08-2006, 01:03 PM
He would get in the Utd side - he is better than Carrick.

kai
17-08-2006, 01:05 PM
I reckon him and Carrick would make a class partnership in midfield myself - both proper hold things down in there and Carrick has the range of passing to supply the front men and wingers with the balls they need to do the damage - imo our problem position is midfield as attack and defence are both full of class players so maybe just what we need now Keane has gone is a complete revamp in the centre. Scholes is getting on a bit now too, so if it works would sort our midfield issue out for prob the next 5 years - making it good business regardless of the price.

Just hope he can be prised away!

kai
17-08-2006, 01:07 PM
He would get in the Utd side - he is better than Carrick.

Nah he's not - not as complete a player as Carrick imo.

Frank Dogshit
17-08-2006, 01:21 PM
30 million...way off the mark.

hes valued at 8 and that sounds about right.

nick_anarchy
17-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Bayern Munich midfielder Owen Hargreaves admits he is unsure where his future lies after being strongly linked with a transfer to United.

The player yesterday claimed to be mulling over an offer to move to Old Trafford, only for Bayern to swiftly insist they had no intention of selling.

Speaking after England's win over Greece, Hargreaves told Sky Sports News: "Obviously I'm still a Bayern Munich player.

"There's a lot been said but what will happen in the future I don't really know myself."

Hargreaves remained coy when pressed on the matter, and refused to confirm or deny that he coveted a move to Old Trafford.

"A lot has been said on the transfer front, some of it true, some of it not, and I'd rather leave it at that and see how things develop," he said.

"I cannot go into specifics but we will see how things pan out over the next few days."

Esox Lucius
17-08-2006, 02:13 PM
your avin a giraffe nick, he would walk into the united squad, could even be a replacement for keano.

nick_anarchy
17-08-2006, 04:16 PM
your avin a giraffe nick, he would walk into the united squad, could even be a replacement for keano.

nar man i dont think hes that good yet .. couple more years maybe but we wont know untill he plays with the best players ie the premership and we can see how he is week in week out ...

seeing him up vs sissoko, gerrard , chelsea's midfield and arsenals young stars would be interesting tho i dont think he would walk in to utd 1st 11 if he singed ... hes not worth 13m i would pay 10 tops and thats at a push i dont think hes the finished played for such a high price

nick_anarchy
17-08-2006, 04:46 PM
TAKEN FROM MAN UTD .COM ....

Owen To Join Reds
Owen Hargreaves will sign for Manchester United today. The England midfielder is set to be unveiled at Old Trafford after agreeing a dream £13million move. Hargreaves, 25, got his wish after revealing United manager Alex Ferguson had made him an offer he could not refuse. And the Canadian-born star pleaded with his club to agree a deal and allow him to move to Old Trafford. Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich insisted they did not want to lose Hargreaves and initially demanded £17million while United only offered £12m. But once the player signalled his intentions to leave, the two clubs thrashed out a compromise figure.
John Kay, The Sun

The Mirror aren't so confident of a quick deal for Hargreaves, however, and expect negotiations to continue over the coming days - with United currently set to offer £10million.

Various tabloids quote Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho's claims that Cristiano Ronaldo must be careful not to dive this season, to avoid re-opening a debate on simulation. Mourinho also backs his countryman to shrug off abuse from opposing fans.

Traxx
17-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Hahah listen to you all. "Englands best player at the world cup" dont make me laugh. One good game & all of a sudden he's englands best player.

Traxx
17-08-2006, 07:07 PM
If he hadnt of played in that game everyone would still fo been sayin what the fuks he doin there & he's shite.

djfase
17-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Hes made me eat my words.

I think hargreaves is a very good player

macca
17-08-2006, 07:12 PM
If he hadnt of played in that game everyone would still fo been sayin what the fuks he doin there & he's shite.

exactly! although i do think hes a decent player an might do alright at united sitting back an letting carrick get forward etc but no way is he a class player an no way is he better than carrick ;)

nick_anarchy
18-08-2006, 12:31 PM
well it seems like hes on his way to utd after all ...

wasnt he the best pleysr on the pitch on wednesday nite ?? leting the other midfielders get forward and sitin back...

*taken from utd web site *
Owen Is Fergie's For £17m
Owen Hargreaves is set to join Manchester United in a £17million deal within the next 48 hours. The England midfielder has agreed personal terms with United and is expected to be confirmed as Sir Alex Ferguson's final summer signing this weekend. United had hoped to land Hargreaves for £13m but Bayern Munich held out for the maximum price for their World Cup star. Hargreaves had made it clear to Bayern that he had no intention of playing for them again once he learned of United's interest. Hargreaves is seen as the ideal man to play the holding midfield role alongside £18.6m fellow summer signing Michael Carrick.
David McDonnell, Daily Mirror

aldo i belive he was taken from germany by utd club bodygards so something has happened while talks were goin on in germany ....

as for england best player haha hes not but he was in the world cup as every other player was shit bar lennon and terry even rio played better than most ....

im unsure about him myself if he keeps up the way he has been playin the past 3 games for england then i will be happy but he must nt be a mug if he was playing at the top club in germany

278d7e64a374de26f==