PDA

View Full Version : [Manchester]- Locked - Mark Williams + Silence dj's

17-08-2006, 11:38 AM

Friday 8th September 2006
£8 OTD / £6 b4 11

Email for £6 reduced entry

Mark Williams(Ingoma, Real Vinyl, Macumba)
Dominik Müller (Silence)
Dj Plus (Silence)

Residents Jay Knight and Dj Ad Rayner

Joshua Brookes, Charles st, Off Oxford rd, Manchester.

For more info go to / contact us at:
www.lockedrecords.co.uk / lockedrecords@hotmail.com

http://www.humanshield.co.uk/locked/locked-2month.gif

Here is a little map to show you where Joshua Brookes is in relation to the other venues we have been at :

http://www.humanshield.co.uk/locked/joshua-map/map.gif

Mark Williams Ingoma, Real Vinyl, Macumba

Mark Williams is a veteran that has paid his dues over more than two decades on the scene. Since the 80s, when he started his DJing career at UK hot spots like the Drum Club, Ministry of Sound, Final Frontier and Full circle, he has been laying the groundwork for his future success.
Producing was the next step and working alongside Matt Clayden in the early days under the guise of M & M and Acorn Arts, Mark produced many memorable tracks like "Silence" and "Body", as far back as 1991-95.
After some years, Mark felt it was time to go it alone in the studio as well as the DJ booth. His solo production work has gained him acclaim the world over and he has released a staggering catalogue of quality tracks on some of the most respected techno labels in the world including: Tortured, Dark House, Pure Plastic, Phont, Primate, and Carl Cox's Ultimate Trax imprint, to name a few. In addition to releasing on other labels, Mark personally owns and runs four more imprints: Artificial Vinyl, Real Sessions, Macumba and Real Vinyl.
Mark has also gained worldwide recognition with his skilful and distinctive DJing style. Mixing tribal, tech house and techno on three decks and CDJs, his rocking performances have helped him to develop a strong fan base and facilitated gigs in places like: Orlando, Amsterdam, Spain, Prague, Turkey, Rotterdam, Miami, Slovenia, Zurich, Belgrade, Brussels, Japan, Brazil, Colombia, Macedonia, and Sweden.
His first major tour was in 1998 when Mark was asked to join Carl Cox on his "World Wide Ultimatum Tour." In 2000 Mark became a resident at a club night called "Damage" in Dublin and later that year supported Billy Nasty on his "Torture Chamber World Tour."
2003 found Mark on his first "Ingoma Tour" with Ben Sims which culminated in a now legendary party at the Loft Club, Barcelona, the weekend of Sonar. In 2004, Mark and Ben set out for another tour to promote Mark's debut album, "A Point in Time" on Ingoma. 2005 was another banner year, with Mark playing at clubs, parties and festivals around the world including a set for more than 40,000 people at the Monegros Festival in Spain.
This past September, Mark started a weekly techno night in London called "The Box", where he is one of the residents. 2005 also found Mark bringing his sound to radio. The "Concept Show" (www.conceptshow.com), is a monthly broadcast that Mark co-hosts with Macedonian DJ Goran Kan.
From the studio to the DJ booth, Mark Williams is one of the brightest stars in the world of techno and his list of accomplishments is impressive and ever growing. With respect for the past, Mark is squarely focused on bringing his electrifying sound and style to a wider audience in 2006

Dominik Müller (Silence)

On our travels to Katowice, Poland we were introduced to the music of Domink Muller. We were so impressed we said we have to get him over here and expose him to the UK scene.
He started his journey in to electronic music at the beginning of 90's. During that time his musical influence was based mostly on minimal trance sounds but within the next couple of years his musical interests turned into loop based techno sounds. Now his preferred music style is dark, industrial techno with deep spacious backgrounds. As he says "each of my tracks is a compound of industrial layers which cause sound hallucinations in your mind".
His first release was for Silence virtual label in 2003 and a track called "volcano" was found on a various artists release called New Faces. Later on apart from producing tracks he has decided to contribute more in Silesian techno scene. That is why in 2004 he founded "Centre of Sonic", an audio-visual creation group. Between 2005-2006 he was also member of a dj group called Extreme-tech which launched many parties in the southern area of Poland. During that time he has had many appearances and experience in structuring his dark techno live act.

Dj Plus(Silence)

Dj Plus aka Tomasz Koniew was born 25.1.1979. As a child he has crossed many different styles in music before he found the one – techno music. In 1996 he organized parties at Nitro Club, Club Uliczka and Star 2000 Club where he was a resident. In 1997 he set up his own broadcast on a local radio station where he was playing live sets of his own productions.
Since 1999 he has belonged to the polish Booking Agency Silence and also the Strobe booking agency in Czech Republic since 2003. Around this time he started a vinyl shop and took part in many parties in Poland and abroad, taking his tribal and minimal sound to places like Citadela (CZ), Boomerang (SK), Bystrica (SK) Sushiclub (Ger), Eurospeedway Openair (Hungary), The Village (Dublin), Fabric (Ostrava), playing alongside dj’s like James Ruskin, Mark E.G, Christian Wunsch, Max Duley, Eric Krakeroy, Alan Summerville, Ruminiege and Loktibrada.
Dj plus is now releasing tracks for the Silence agency after his 2005 debut release sold out for them!

Frank Dogshit
17-08-2006, 12:05 PM
good un!

cant beat that lineup! no clowning around.

Roxy Trip
17-08-2006, 03:01 PM
i missed the player records night...so theres no way im missing this one too ! :mad:

Traxx
17-08-2006, 06:57 PM
Should be down for this...

eyeswithoutaface
17-08-2006, 07:24 PM
il try but i doubt il be able to get along peeps with the Jam being the night after :(

Technobitch
22-08-2006, 02:32 PM
no doubt be another pounding night at locked, ill have to see if i can make it down :cheese:

kret
23-08-2006, 05:51 PM
well looking forward to this one . me and jay played with the silence boys in poland in feb belive me they are sick. watch out for dominik muller this guy is gona be big not heard production like his for ages . Mark Williams is on top form at the mo as well so be prepared for a blinder bring on the POUNDERS ! !

subsonic
23-08-2006, 08:54 PM
well up for this see if the boy are up for a stomper locked style

kret
01-09-2006, 12:36 AM
il try but i doubt il be able to get along peeps with the Jam being the night after :(
That just makes it more fun :wtf: . Can't beat a full on techno weekend . bring on the pounders !

fitipaldi
01-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Get the kret in.

Technobitch
01-09-2006, 03:16 PM
like to see you on the kret fitipaldi :hammered:

01-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Just to let you all know we have various mixes now available on our website with more to be added every week. Currently there are mixes from Oscar Mulero, Paul Mac, Sam Horam, Jay Knight and Dominik Muller. Also available soon on the site will be Pictures, charts, events and mp3 tracks! Check it out at www.lockedrecords.co.uk

ampassasinbirmingham
01-09-2006, 08:55 PM
cant wait till i get back up north to smash it locked style!!!

Frank Dogshit
04-09-2006, 01:42 PM
lookin forward to friday!

serious dog poundage on the cards.

Technobitch
05-09-2006, 10:03 AM
thank **** its nearly friday!!! well almost nearly friday :dance:

no going home early this time dogshit!!!!!

Frank Dogshit
05-09-2006, 01:12 PM
thank **** its nearly friday!!! well almost nearly friday :dance:

no going home early this time dogshit!!!!!

:paranoid:

ill be havin a good pound all night,need to make up for a quiet one last weekend. emerson aint going so dont expect his ugly head to come gurning at you during the night either. :lol:

Technobitch
05-09-2006, 01:16 PM
aint going!!! omg what a lightwieght!!!

retox
05-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Can't feckin wait!!! :rambo: Just hope its not too quiet with the jam being the night after!

Technobitch
05-09-2006, 02:11 PM
well long as the usual suspects are there it will be aving it regardless!!! and you knows it

jock
05-09-2006, 02:56 PM
wish i could make it down to this one but still brassic after trip to pukkelpop and so much going on in october i need all me pennies for that!!!

Frank Dogshit
05-09-2006, 03:50 PM
wish i could make it down to this one but still brassic after trip to pukkelpop and so much going on in october i need all me pennies for that!!!

how was pukkelpop cocktrollop? suprised you aint been going on about it on here.....*me me me me* :lol: ;)

october looking too busy with those warehouse jobbys,split and locked octobers lineup is shit hot aswell! one of the best djs on the planet imo. pounders of the highest bracket.

Sam_Horam
05-09-2006, 05:57 PM
locked octobers lineup is shit hot aswell! one of the best djs on the planet imo.

That's very kind of you mate...I wouldn't go that far ;)

Frank Dogshit
05-09-2006, 06:31 PM
locked octobers lineup is shit hot aswell! one of the best djs on the planet imo.

That's very kind of you mate...I wouldn't go that far ;)

:lol:

i was actually talking about this chap!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/danny_orbit2003/gurner7oj.jpg

;)

jock
06-09-2006, 11:00 AM

how was pukkelpop cocktrollop? suprised you aint been going on about it on here.....*me me me me* :lol: ;)

october looking too busy with those warehouse jobbys,split and locked octobers lineup is shit hot aswell! one of the best djs on the planet imo. pounders of the highest bracket.

Pukkelpop was brilliant mate, every day just class music all day!!

Yeah heading to few warehouse parties, not going split because going to see The Knife in london the week after.

Who is playing Locked in october then sniv?

Technobitch
07-09-2006, 04:54 PM
its tomorrow!!!!

see you all there :dance:

Traxx
07-09-2006, 07:20 PM
MIght come to this.

retox
07-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Get ya ass down mate, will be a wikid night!!!
I'll come round yours danny after work if ya gonna be in, where is it that dave parks his car?
You ahould come down early aswell dawn, early start like!!! :cheese: :dance:

Technobitch
08-09-2006, 09:29 AM
yup , im finishing work early especially!!!! hehehehe bring on the messyness

Technobitch
08-09-2006, 09:30 AM
MIght come to this.

u know you wana!!!! :cheese:

retox
08-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Tonight tonight tonight!!!!! Hahaha!!! See you all there!!! :cheese:
Just hope this afternoon doesn't drag!

Technobitch
08-09-2006, 02:27 PM
im finishing work at two!!!!! then the weekend starts for me, dont think i could hack it in work any longer!!!

Frank Dogshit
08-09-2006, 02:31 PM
lookin forward to hearing mark williams pounders!

Technobitch
08-09-2006, 02:32 PM
pounders pounders............................rounders!!!

fitipaldi
08-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Tonight tonight tonight!!!!! Hahaha!!! See you all there!!! :cheese:
Just hope this afternoon doesn't drag!

they workin you hard at this new place then Baz? good to see you've stil got time for Blackout ;)

retox
08-09-2006, 05:47 PM
It ain't been too bad!! Not been doing much this week coz they've been really busy so start my proper training next week.
F*ckin dave gurn says him and paula arn't even coming tonight coz they're going the jam tomorrow, its gonna be pretty empty i reckon which will be a shame, still gonna be pounding tho!!!

KuRT
10-09-2006, 10:16 PM
some photos made by Plus http://www.djplus.info/08092006.php ;)

thanx for super party in name of Plus and Dominik

Frank Dogshit
11-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Music on friday was spot on. Dominik and Plus played some really dark stuff! Good to have them in the UK.

Mark Williams,far tougher than I expected,good hard funky stuff on 3 decks. Top guy too,good lad for comin back to ours for a party later on.

Good laugh as usual....Rachmad and Ruskin over the next 2 months is gonna be awesome!

Sam_Horam
11-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Good night on Friday.

Cheers to the Silence guys for your sets...great stuff. Some quality pics on your site too!

Mark played a top set - animal on the decks... ;)

MorePunkThanFunk
11-09-2006, 01:53 PM
quality night & day! some funny pics too

Technobitch
12-09-2006, 09:32 AM
great night all round me thinks!!! esp the after party, good fun!!

funny photos too, nice one lads!

cant wait for the next one!

278d7e64a374de26f==