PDA

View Full Version : Rafa Signs Another

DJ RE:HAB
17-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Liverpool have confirmed they have agreed a fee with Feyenoord for Dirk Kuyt.

The Reds have been chasing the Dutchman all summer and have finally agreed a deal with Feyenoord.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has admitted he was looking for one more striker after letting Djibril Cisse and Fernando Morientes leave Anfield this summer and it appears he has got his man.

A number of clubs including Newcastle were keen on Kuyt, but Liverpool look to be on the verge of landing the prolific forward.

Kuyt is expected on Merseyside later on Thursday to undergo a medical and discuss personal terms.

The 26-year-old admitted it would be a dream to join the Premiership giants.

"For me, Liverpool is sure to be the dream club I was looking for," said Kuyt.

"There was more interest from abroad, but for me there was nothing of the calibre of Liverpool, a brilliant club with an enormous reputation, fantastic support and a fabulous history. It is an honour to play for a club like that."

Feyenoord chairman Jorien Van den Herik revealed the club did everything to keep Kuyt at De Kuip, but could not stand in his way of a dream move to Liverpool.

"We did everything we could to keep Dirk at Feyenoord," said Van den Herik. "We went a long way to doing that and Dirk was open to that, but we knew that the chance was he would leave if his dream club came in. Liverpool is his dream club.

"Many clubs have tried to contact Dirk over the recent period, but he's said no to clubs every time because they were not appealing enough despite there being many renowned clubs among them.

"That characterises Dirk's attitude: either Feyenoord or my dream club."

Dont wanna sound too cocky hear but i honestly believe that we have a good chance to win the title this season. If not this season the definately next for sure.. Benitez has got the be on the best managers for buying in world class players for a quality price...

Come on the Reds!!

Esox Lucius
17-08-2006, 06:01 PM
good signing, you wont win the league though.

rhythmtech
17-08-2006, 06:11 PM

SO IS YER MA

Esox Lucius
17-08-2006, 06:22 PM

SO IS YER MA

i bummed your dad and used margarine as lube.

Frank Dogshit
17-08-2006, 06:28 PM
this guy is worse than Sean Dundee/Erik Meijer

Traxx
17-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Eh leave erik out of it he was a good lad if a bit useless. Got a feeling this fella is gonna be a donkey, would rather newcastle of got him.

Esox Lucius
17-08-2006, 08:04 PM
this guy is worse than Sean Dundee/Erik Meijer

haha sean dundee what a legend :lol: :lol:

basslinejunkie
17-08-2006, 10:04 PM
im a bit unsure of him really,but i have seen enough of him to pass judgement.and rafa hasnt brought a bad player yet

Traxx
17-08-2006, 11:53 PM
Hasnt he??? you sure???

nunez
kronkamp
that another spanish one

all signed/bought one way or another.

french_og
18-08-2006, 08:24 AM
I think he will be a typical Liverpool 4th Striker, can't see him playing that many games with Crouch, Bellamy and Fowler there. And there will be a lot of times this season I reckon when Liverpool will be playing 4-5-1.

Too be fair I have not seen him play much - has he played for Holland yet??

Traxx
18-08-2006, 08:54 AM
Aye he's swaffled vanhorsegrids place.

lukekendall
18-08-2006, 09:32 AM
I think he will be a typical Liverpool 4th Striker, can't see him playing that many games with Crouch, Bellamy and Fowler there. And there will be a lot of times this season I reckon when Liverpool will be playing 4-5-1.

Too be fair I have not seen him play much - has he played for Holland yet??

yeah he played in the world cup

his goal scoring record was amazing in the dutch league tho im not sure he will be able to handle the pace on the english league he aint very fast.... dunno he may or may not be a hit

basslinejunkie
18-08-2006, 12:21 PM
krompkamps a good player in my eyes,good right back.solid puts a good ball in etc,i hope he stays.

nunez was shite tho il give u that 1!! :D

Esox Lucius
18-08-2006, 12:25 PM
nunez was turd like but even you kopshites admit that, kronkamp aint a bad player like.

Esox Lucius
18-08-2006, 12:25 PM
kromkamp even

nick_anarchy
18-08-2006, 12:35 PM
an over rated player , its hit and miss with him tbh he may do the job but i find it unlikely .... for me hes like Forlan when he went utd

DJ RE:HAB
18-08-2006, 01:34 PM
[quote="french_og"]I think he will be a typical Liverpool 4th Striker, can't see him playing that many games with Crouch, Bellamy and Fowler there. And there will be a lot of times this season I reckon when Liverpool will be playing 4-5-1.

Too be fair I have not seen him play much - has he played for Holland yet??[/quote

Hmm i dont know about that, i mean why would spend £10 million pounds on a player who is going to sit on the bench. I reckon crouchy will be on the bench.

But we'll wait and see]

french_og
18-08-2006, 03:07 PM
We don't have long to find out do we. Can't wait for tomrrow now- Liverpool are playing 12:30pm tomorrow yeah.

Miksta
18-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Kuyt is diecent, id love to see bellamy-Kuyt as our front 2

Will
18-08-2006, 06:00 PM
He seems to have a similar record to Ruud when he went to Man U, though so did that guy who went to Chelsea, forget his name, but he did well in Holland, I daresay he'll do alright and for £10m you'd expect him to be the main man since he's their most expensive striker, and I reckon he could be their top scorer, time will tell... Don't reckon he's world class or nothing though.

278d7e64a374de26f==