PDA

View Full Version : **** YOU JUST HAVE TO CHECK THIS TRACK OUT !!!!!!! ****

MARKEG
14-12-2002, 07:33 AM
In my opinion, this is undoubtably the best, most innovative techno track I've heard all year (and I don't mean that lightly). Perhaps (but time will tell) the best track I've heard for about 5 years.. This is either gonna be very, very massive (and perhaps change the face of techno??????), or do nothing.

Chris McCormack - 'Erase Techno' (Blacklisted - UK)

Serious, I've been trying find a track in my collection that has the same 'techno' attitude as this and I'm stuck. If only Chris could make more stuff like this, more regularly....

DJPAUZE
14-12-2002, 03:00 PM
Havent heard of it but im after it already......... Ive got a couple of releaases from this chap, all are of the highest quality. If anyone knows where to get this please post for me.

Cheers
Pauze :twisted:

JACKSTAR
15-12-2002, 02:02 PM
Hey Mark,

I picked up a copy at JUST MUSIC last week, I too love it but you know the way things are in the music scene if it's a little bit different then it's a gamble if it's to sell. I do play it nearer the end of my set and the 1st time I played I got a few weird looks but once the rides & hats kicked in the kids loved it. Not sure if it's gonna sell loads as most techno kids turn there noses up at ROCK GUITARS but like you say it's very fresh and new. I do hope it does well as it's the 1st one on Chris's new label.

I've been playing the shit outta your Anxious - compound record......jesus what a track.

Paul.

www.paullangley.net

www.jackstar-recordings.com

"OUT SOON - DJ Bam Bam : B's Nutz (JKS006)"

eyes without a face
15-12-2002, 06:54 PM
the kid McCormack comes up trumps once again.

this has to b THE tune of the year. its just so ****in different! its basically techno punk in a true sense of the word. Ade said he played it at the Jam the other week on +8 and the kids went mad for it!

truely great stuff

DJPAUZE
16-12-2002, 10:40 PM
Well I havent purchased it, but I dont think i Will. I listened to it all tracks full out and I didnt like it at all. Thats just my opinion of course. The punk theme in there goes well i do say but the track caries on and doesnt do anything for me.
However i did really like the ambient orchestral track i think that is on the b-side.
Chris's kick is furious here but i personally cant see it racing up the techno charts to number one.
Oh yeah if you want to listen to it and post your comments go to Bangingtunes.com do a search for chris McCormack.

Cheers
pauze :twisted:

anx
19-12-2002, 03:05 AM
man this track is insane!!
some crazy change ups
not sure if the people where im from could handle it!

MARKEG
20-12-2002, 02:03 AM
I really think this track sums up techno... the old school way of thinking - not afraid to be completely different...

it get's a MASSIVE reaction on the floor - believe me!!!

Adverse
13-01-2003, 02:15 AM
sorry man.. just heard it and i have to say.. although original in some regards. not a great track.

Dustin Zahn
13-01-2003, 03:48 AM
Is there some place on the net where I can listen to it?

Subuteo
13-01-2003, 02:12 PM
Got me copy on on saturday.

You can get it from www.juno.co.uk

Debz

ampassasinbirmingham
28-01-2003, 01:35 AM
The reason why this track is so great is that chris mccormack does not create music for the dance floor. He creates music that he wants to create and listen to. Many Dj's have asked him to put bigger intros on his tunes and he has told them to **** off as he has made the music to what he likes not to what every1 will like.

What a track by the way. listen to it on www.juno.co.uk

Dustin Zahn
28-01-2003, 04:28 AM
Yeah, Chris is a weird one. He does hardly any interviews (I've read only one, one of the few)...and he does only what he wants and feels at the time. Not for money, fame, respect...whatever. Pretty cool.

The Teknoist.
29-01-2003, 07:23 PM
eastern block sold out 2day...boo! Could do with it for saturday like, hmmm wheres that phone!

saki nzyme
30-01-2003, 12:37 AM
bangin tunes have got a copy mike, ring them you will have it brfore saturday...........laffin badgers :)

gunjack
30-01-2003, 06:52 AM
sorry man.. just heard it and i have to say.. although original in some regards. not a great track.

i have to agree.

wenna
04-02-2003, 10:24 PM
..... if its a little bit different it is a gamble wether or not it will sell... in my opinion techno is about being different and everyday is a gamble!!!!!

Paul Zykotik
04-02-2003, 11:35 PM
Gotta say it's the best techno track I've heard in months mate - dropped at Technosis last Friday and the crowd went absolutely spastic. To me it's proper dancefloor techno, with drums like that how can it not be?!

aggressor
05-02-2003, 06:44 PM
got it love it!!!!!!!

:)

Elle
14-02-2003, 10:34 AM
just got my copy through yesterday its a wicked track!!!
like nothin ive heard before, the rock guitar idea is mental!!

DJAmok
14-02-2003, 01:47 PM
ahhhh crap, I thought I was bein original putting a Guitar in my new track last month. Now I hear Chris McCormack has done the same thing months earlier; Oh well, so much for beeing unique :?

But I gotta say, Erase Techno is one of the best EPs I´ve got in months, if not a year's time. Very creative techno, innovative but still hard and forward and not weird like in most cases. I wish there was more stuff like this, where producers start following a new idea and bring up the guts to put it out on the market and see if it works. Erase Techno gets a full 10 outta 10 rating from me. Respect!

Elle
14-02-2003, 02:18 PM
actually, the guitar things been done before ages ago! in a track on an old mark eg and m zone b2b helter skelter tape, but dont ask me what the track's called though, aint got a clue!!

MARKEG
16-02-2003, 06:45 PM
the rock guitar was actually made on an an1x keyboard!

Philth
16-02-2003, 08:53 PM
well... sounds like some either love it or hate it. personally i love it.

if some love it and others don't... then i think it is a useful track. pushing the boundaries imo, which means some will like it and like the direction that it is going while others like to push techno in other directions. that's cool.... that's techno baby.

peace,
phil

deegregg
19-02-2003, 09:57 PM
I checked this track too because Chris often surprise me. I expected something really unique, basing on the title only, and it really is. However I didn't buy it. Maybe I'm too old.... Ehhrr...

anx
20-02-2003, 07:32 PM
man i love how it breaks down into a trancy build and then goes straight back into the hard and evil

its almost like "oh look im gonna take things down a bit and make it fluffy--JUST ****ING KIDDING!!!"

ROD
05-03-2003, 04:20 AM
oooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww..........
amazing track.
really really hard.
love it.
cya ROD

log:one
07-03-2003, 04:06 PM
The reason why this track is so great is that chris mccormack does not create music for the dance floor. He creates music that he wants to create and listen to. Many Dj's have asked him to put bigger intros on his tunes and he has told them to **** off as he has made the music to what he likes not to what every1 will like.

thats all very well... but dj's are the people who buy the tunes... i mean you dont have to compromise your music or whore yourself, but whats wrong with making a record with an intro thats a bit longer and therefore easier to mix??? it will still be the same track but people will be happier to play it out.... or maybe im just a gaylord.

Patrick
07-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Played this out for the first time last week and it really got the place rocking. I was wary before I dropped it cos there seems to be this love/hate thing going on with it. But I love it, so I thought **** em if they don't get it. Luckily they all did get it though.
The only downside is that I'm now being asked to play more stuff in that style and there just isn't anything else like it. And I personally hope it stays that way. We need innovators like McCormack to keep pushing the boundaries and bringing out challenging tracks that are true only to their own tastes and beliefs and not influenced or led by populist trends.
Well done that man !

Adverse
07-03-2003, 07:44 PM
i don't find that track to be innovative.

Anonymous
07-03-2003, 08:44 PM
i don't find that track to be innovative.

Why not?

Adverse
07-03-2003, 09:29 PM
i think what goes for innovative in techno music today is a load. it's really nothing special.

278d7e64a374de26f==