PDA

View Full Version : Tom Middleton

MARKEG
20-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Was just replying to my fave labels of all time thread and Global Communication came into my head. Who remembers the 'Tick Tock' tune??! WOW.. I think it was Evolution 7? I could be wrong...

'Collection of Short Stories' is an album I would have at my funeral :)

It's been a good few years since I've researched into Tom.... Does anyone have any good links or stuff? Does he have a myspace page or a website?

Actually heard something on Radio 1 the other day and it was by him -nearly moved me to tears. Man, he has a way with melody eh?!!

:)

koma
20-08-2006, 12:21 PM
ahhh, Global Communication
loved this album
http://www.discogs.com/release/3300

still have it somewhere I think, should listen to it again...

RDR
20-08-2006, 04:08 PM
THE JEDI KNIGHTS

http://www.discogs.com/release/29205

Class.. pure chillout room class..

eyeswithoutaface
20-08-2006, 04:22 PM
yeah Tom's done some awesome stuff, truely an outstanding producer. Had the pleasure to of met him a few times too and a really nice guy, plays some slightly dubious dj sets for my liking but he has done some great work.

fac
20-08-2006, 06:12 PM
thanks for this thread, mark :dance:

i feckin love reload / global communication / jedi knights etc. etc. next to "on" "peschi" is my alltime favourite song. it's interesting that there are two versions of peschi around. one is on the autoreload ep http://www.discogs.com/release/4052 and on the theory of evolution http://www.discogs.com/release/65132 and the other and in my opinion even better one is on the "a collection of short stories" lp (which i luckily bought at ebay yesterday :)).

unfortunately some of their stuff is really rare (and expensive) today, especially the old evolution records. i would give a lot to own the reload ep and the autoreload ep.

they have a forum btw. --> http://www.reloadonline.com/

Tiptoe
20-08-2006, 11:35 PM
love his work one of the best house guys around

module
21-08-2006, 01:57 AM
Big Knockers

nuff said :D

RDR
21-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Big Knockers

nuff said :D

May the funk be with you ... yeah hey yeah!

Patrick DSP
21-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Can't say enough about global communication and the rest of his works.

i love his track as Cosmos "take me with you" from 2002. great freakin' melody.

Stella Boy
21-08-2006, 10:58 AM
has done some cracking stuff & met him a few times, top bloke :D

Francisco Scaramanga
22-08-2006, 10:18 PM
I've got a copy of his "the trip" CD, and it really is a trip, such a class cd, not really house or anything, just lots of quirky bootyshaking. I remember seeing him on TV awhile back as well, cant remember the name of the show, but it featured big name djs taking on a protege. It featured Mr. C, Lisa Lashes, Roni Size, and Tom Middleton. Mr C. and Size were sort of useful, Lisa Lashes told her girl that the most important thing was image and went shopping, and all the while Tom Middleton had his dude out in the park with a little minidisc recorder or something, crushing leaves up, rubbing grass, etc, to get some samples to make a tune with, which for me instantly proved his quality.

Traxx
22-08-2006, 10:56 PM
I went to the final of that 'next big dj' thing that was on the tv at nation in liverpool. Tom's protege won.

eyeswithoutaface
22-08-2006, 10:59 PM
i thought Sister Bliss was in that not lisa lashes? good show regardless

what was i watching then i distinctly remembe Sister Bliss?

eyeswithoutaface
22-08-2006, 11:10 PM
i love how that cockend Lewis Boardman totally fluffed it on national tv and the judges just wouldnt have any of it at all when he was blaming the needles

great stuff

Francisco Scaramanga
23-08-2006, 06:59 PM
i thought Sister Bliss was in that not lisa lashes? good show regardless

what was i watching then i distinctly remembe Sister Bliss?

It may well have been Sister Bliss, in fact now that I think about it, wasn't it Lisa Lashes who did the Faking It program? I dont know, all these image obsessed girlie DJ's look and sound the same, and they all also seem to think going shopping for clothes is more important than records, because I remember that was a big part of faking it as well. Anyway, whoever it was got completely destroyed by Tom Middleton, so that learned em!

RDR
23-08-2006, 07:01 PM
it was lashes...

nice one bitch for showing the world what a shallow talentless idiot you truly are.

good on tom.

Traxx
23-08-2006, 07:51 PM
It wasnt, it was sister bliss.

benjames
30-08-2006, 01:52 PM
it was lashes...

nice one bitch for showing the world what a shallow talentless idiot you truly are.

good on tom.

yeah sorry dodgyedgy it was definately Sister Bliss. That show highlighted how mainstream dance is for the most part talent less, TM was the only shining light for me, although I did laugh when Roni Size started getting competetive with his guy.

TechMouse
30-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Haha, I remember that...

Tom Middleton holding a microphone out to a flower going "we need to get the ambience of the flower...."

****ing lunatic, but genius.

Saw him DJ at The Big Chill after The Bays a few years back. Spot on.

eviled303
26-09-2006, 03:19 PM
awesome mark, been flicking through the pages of this section and my attention was immediately halted by the name tom middleton. been listening to global communication for years, 76:14 is a timeless ambient album, and the remix album 'remotion' is also a classic. the reload 'collection of short stories' album is a gem too, been trying to find the vinyl but its very hard to come by so cd will do!!! check out anything by 'the jedi knights' aswell, another middleton project, super fly funky stuff!!!! wicked to see some appreciation for that kind of music on this forum!!!!!

fac
26-09-2006, 04:46 PM
the reload 'collection of short stories' album is a gem too, been trying to find the vinyl but its very hard to come by so cd will do!!you can find the vinyl at ebay. i paid 12 pounds for it some weeks ago.

Tiptoe
26-09-2006, 09:16 PM
saw tom middleton at northern light on saturday and my god was he banging it out. some serious filth. proper dirrt grinding electro it was ace. hole night was good too!

278d7e64a374de26f==