PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd 5 - Fulham 1

Numeric
21-08-2006, 08:58 AM
:)

Great result to start the season, with the Kopites and Arse droppin points on Saturday it was a great early opportunity to take advantage...

Utd played well, Evra had a good game, Cristiano and Rooney were impressive and Saha looked alright too...

Makes me laugh, all the bulls**t everyone was spouting about Cristiano and Rooney after the World Cup, they combined well yesterday, Cristiano's finish was awesome...

:lol:

kai
21-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Positive start to the season - first game always a bad indicator though so lets not get carried away - needed to win it though as cant afford a slow start if we're to keep the pressure on the Chelsea.

french_og
21-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Fair play they were awesome, they kept the ball so well and the movement was amazing. Love or hate them Man Utd they play great football.

Will
21-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Their football's nothing special! They couldn't have had an easier game though, Fulham are the leagues whipping boys away from home.

Also, it shows what a mug Rooney is, Ronaldo walks all over him and he just lets him... Though of course he probably did him a favour really, taking the heat off Rooney's stupidity, if he's trying to excuse Ronaldo's behaviour then we should look at his and direct the vitriol where it belongs. What he did was worse than what Beckham did and yet he's got off scot free in terms of England fans' anguish.

kai
21-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Maybe the nations learnt from its past treatment of star players like Gazza and Becks and realised that at the end of the day people make mistakes and to over-villify our best players when they do so is to stab ourselves in the back as all we do is risk destroying our best talent when we should be supporting and nurturing it.

djfase
21-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Will you are bitter fella.

Arsenal couldnt have had an easier game either, yet theres been nothing from you the last couple of days about it. Also wenger must have been desparate as walcott hasn featured or even close being featured, yet all of a sudden hes arsenals saviour.

First games dont really mean anything. Lets see how it stands aster 10 games.

Numeric
22-08-2006, 12:03 AM

Will's still full of s**t as always...

no-one cares about the World Cup now, and what Cristiano did wasn't half as bad as everyone makes out...

Arse couldn't manage three points to open their campaign despite a new stadium...

Will
22-08-2006, 03:13 AM
Villa are hardly as easy as Fulham, especially now they have O'Neill in charge, completely different kettle of fish. And what exactly am I bitter about? I half expected a draw anyway and it's not like I'm expecting us to mount a serious title challenge, so it's hardly the end of the world, especially now we've moved into our new stadium and Walcott's finally getting his chance...

Apparently our new stadium will bring in an extra £2m PER GAME so we can bide our time and wait for all the money to accrue! So I think you're the one who's bitter, supporting a shit team like Southampton. ;)

Esox Lucius
22-08-2006, 11:51 AM
united played out their skin, hope they can keep it up all season so the southern scum dont get a sniff.

djfase
22-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Villa are hardly as easy as Fulham, especially now they have O'Neill in charge, completely different kettle of fish. And what exactly am I bitter about? I half expected a draw anyway and it's not like I'm expecting us to mount a serious title challenge, so it's hardly the end of the world, especially now we've moved into our new stadium and Walcott's finally getting his chance...

Apparently our new stadium will bring in an extra £2m PER GAME so we can bide our time and wait for all the money to accrue! So I think you're the one who's bitter, supporting a shit team like Southampton. ;)

At least i support my home town club fella. I see you live in Cheshire? Wheres the allegiance to arsenal come from? And anyway if we are shit, how come we mugged you for£12million for 17yr old? :lol:

And how can o neill make a difference after one game? Its still the same players. So i reckon the villa game was just as easy

basslinejunkie
22-08-2006, 02:24 PM

Will's still full of s**t as always...

no-one cares about the World Cup now, and what Cristiano did wasn't half as bad as everyone makes out...

Arse couldn't manage three points to open their campaign despite a new stadium...

numerics back,i wont even start

Will
22-08-2006, 03:55 PM

At least i support my home town club fella. I see you live in Cheshire? Wheres the allegiance to arsenal come from? And anyway if we are shit, how come we mugged you for£12million for 17yr old? :lol:

And how can o neill make a difference after one game? Its still the same players. So i reckon the villa game was just as easy

Yeah, but some of us support our home town teams and still support a decent team, and also don't live in the same place all our lives. And we've only paid about £5m for Walcott so far, we'll only pay £12 if he turns out to be worth double that, so maybe it was you who were mugged!

And if you saw the way they defended you'd see how much difference O'Neill's made, managers don't just decide who to sign you know. Fulham had the worst away form last season, not Villa so it's obvious which game's the easier, especially considering what's going on with their best player.

Miksta
23-08-2006, 06:59 PM
still early days lads, dont get yer knickers in a twist yet, lets see how things stand after 10 games or so :)

278d7e64a374de26f==