PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to groovetech?

dirty_bass
01-10-2003, 02:31 PM
Did they go under in the summer, I hope not, they supplied a good range of techno.

Esox Lucius
01-10-2003, 04:37 PM
I think it was due to financial problems.

Tony
07-10-2003, 03:54 PM
i think it only happened recently, i was told by a friend that they had received the liquidation letters.

dirty_bass
08-10-2003, 04:58 AM
Jeeesus, this has been a tough summer, a lot of good music companies have gone down, and rumour has it more are on the way, can dance music really be as unpopular as the press is saying?
I keep getting told that part of it is that the punters just aren't buying vinyl any more, but sales of technics decks (according to a few suppliers) are still going strong, so this doesn`t tally.
What the hell is going on?

Jimfish
08-10-2003, 09:39 AM
yeah, there may be some rather shocking ones on thier way out at the moment..

Si the Sigh
08-10-2003, 09:43 AM
Huh? Do you know something we don't the JimFishMaster GeneralFlex one time in the area big up your chest fressssh!!!?? :eh: Oh nice one on the latest release by the way, heard it on banging tunes! :clap:

herman
08-10-2003, 12:28 PM
Jeeesus, this has been a tough summer, a lot of good music companies have gone down, and rumour has it more are on the way, can dance music really be as unpopular as the press is saying?
I keep getting told that part of it is that the punters just aren't buying vinyl any more, but sales of technics decks (according to a few suppliers) are still going strong, so this doesn`t tally.
What the hell is going on?

There's no doubt this has been the toughest year for a long time and im sure it's only going to get worse, in answer to your technics up records down question personally i dont think its any coincedence that final scratch is flying out of the stores either especially when you see how easy it is to get mp3s of nearly anything at the moment.

dirty_bass
08-10-2003, 02:25 PM
Nice new release by the way jim.

I honestly don`t believe that final scratch is having an effect YET. Most people buying technics are in their 20`s, and a set of decks and mixer is a stretch for em, I seriously don`t think they are forking out the extra 500 jib for final scratch after the 600 or so for decks an mixer.
I think it is more down 2 people being sick of the shit that has been fed to them, and I think the hard house/Trance bubble has burst. And record sales have dropped accordingly. Maybe people are looking for something else. Hopefully techno.
But we all know a lot of people here at this forum, now among the people I know, I don`t know many who get their techno fix via mp3, and I certainly don`t know anyone with final scratch, in fact I have been telling people about it. Now think of yourselves and who you know, how many of your mates get techno via mp3. How many have final scratch. I don`t think this is the reason behind the market drop.

Jimfish
08-10-2003, 02:56 PM
ta 4 props.. ;)
some of technos biggest and best told me last week that thier collective sales have dropped 40% since january.. :bash: :doh: whats that all about?? 40%!!!! thats a **** of a lot over just 9 months!!! and these huys are the creme de la creme!

Erase Techno
08-10-2003, 03:04 PM
ta 4 props.. ;)
some of technos biggest and best told me last week that thier collective sales have dropped 40% since january.. :bash: :doh: whats that all about?? 40%!!!! thats a **** of a lot over just 9 months!!! and these huys are the creme de la creme!

Probably because techno is mostly formulaic bullsh1t these days and finally people are refusing to be fed this rubbish - the whole scene is collapsing under the weight of its own pointlessness.

Patrick
08-10-2003, 03:19 PM
Probably because techno is mostly formulaic bullsh1t these days and finally people are refusing to be fed this rubbish - the whole scene is collapsing under the weight of its own pointlessness.

I am standing up applauding you ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jimfish
08-10-2003, 03:37 PM
maybe, but i dont think that can account for 40% over 9 months.

Swain
08-10-2003, 04:19 PM

Bollox if I ever heard it.

T
08-10-2003, 04:47 PM

That's the sort of thing people have told me for years about techno. Take it or leave it I reckon, though i think being that negative isn't particulalry constructive.

dirty_bass
09-10-2003, 03:15 AM
It`s not just techno you fools, the whole dance music scene has been hit by a slump. I personally think it is down to the recession that we are (not officially according to the government) in. All the signs are there, commercial rent prices going down, lots of To-Let signs everywhere (ah there were days when I would have jump up and down with excitement at this), constant sales on at the shops.

Techno will survive , but how the Dance scene in general will change I don`t know. Hopefully things will get back underground, with lots of cool events, rather than these huge, expensive and basically kak things we have had to suffer.

40% downturn though. PHUQ!

Bughead
09-10-2003, 11:21 PM
I honestly think the reason there has been a slump in dance music sales is because all the money people that were initially in dance music to make money have left thus bringing with them their capital to promote clubs, radio stations, record labels et al. This slump will bring things back to a grass roots level, ie be into the particular genre of music becaue you like it, not because some marketing guy is trying to flog it to you. This will leave all the string people standing and thus making it better in the long run for everyone.

Anyway back to techno
bang bang bang bang bang euw euw euw bang bang bang bang bang bang....

278d7e64a374de26f==