PDA

View Full Version : A pair of dark techno tracks

BranLanen
23-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Hi!
I have two tracks that i have finished this week...
Here are the links, listen and give me your oppinion. ;)

"You Better Run" (http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4308560&q=hi)

"Kruni Sud" (http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4348743&q=hi)

BranLanen
25-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Nobody had listened the tracks? :(

force
25-08-2006, 08:26 PM
I prefere the second tune "Kruni Sud" although they both become a bit samey after a while.

I think the main drums should be louder, and some compression applied to add some dynamics.(on both tunes)

Try to EQ the different parts so they occupy their own space in the frequency range.

Quite like the 'industrial' direction tho ;)

Mindful
25-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Is there a way I can dl these?
I cant listen on this pc you see

sash
26-08-2006, 06:16 AM
pretty much what force said. a little more variation in there somewhere perhaps a bit o automation somewhere. kicks need to be tougher

BranLanen
26-08-2006, 12:21 PM
pretty much what force said. a little more variation in there somewhere perhaps a bit o automation somewhere. kicks need to be tougher
Yes!, you are right... i wanted to make it easy for djing...and i made it bored... :lol:
Thanks to all of you for listen the tracks and givin me your oppinions.
Mindful...maybe you need to unable the popup blocker of ms explorer, i dont know. :eh:

BranLanen
26-08-2006, 12:37 PM
I prefere the second tune "Kruni Sud" although they both become a bit samey after a while.

I think the main drums should be louder, and some compression applied to add some dynamics.(on both tunes)

Try to EQ the different parts so they occupy their own space in the frequency range.

Quite like the 'industrial' direction tho ;)

Compression was applied but in a smooth way...kickdrums were made in mono and compressed before the final mix, and then a slight compression was applied to all mix. Suerely it could be more severe.
And if i want different parts occupy their own space in the frequency range, can i make it mixing with the proper levels for each part? Should i apply EQ to give each part a frecuency range different from others before mixing?
Most of my tracks have two or three parts givin the same frecuencies to the mix, and i use that method to make grooves when that parts do the interaction... :cheese:
But i will try to make it properly, i think what you say is the proper way.
Thanks.

Elvio Neto
26-08-2006, 01:48 PM
hey amigo

tus musicas estan muy buenas

espera por mi remix :) jajaja

BranLanen
26-08-2006, 01:55 PM
hey amigo

tus musicas estan muy buenas

espera por mi remix :) jajaja

Yes i'm waiting for that great rmx ;)

Picanzo
26-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Yeah... I like it!!
The "You Better Run" Tune.. that percussion with that dark synth.. yeah really great... but it looks like its missing some reverb or just a different reverb... don't you think? just my opinion ;) But I like it... great idea! try to play a little with the panning between the percurssive elements =)
"Kruni Sud".. I like it too.. but my election its the "you better run" eheh! nice =)

cheers

BranLanen
26-08-2006, 09:24 PM
...it looks like its missing some reverb or just a different reverb... don't you think?
Yes i think, but i have not the right reverb yet... :)

BranLanen
26-08-2006, 09:27 PM
i have not found the right reverb i wanted mean..

Picanzo
26-08-2006, 09:31 PM
uhmm I see... u will find it ;)
cheers

ERROR404
01-09-2006, 01:02 AM
Likin your sound dood, all i recon you need is a bit more interest in the tune, broken rhythms, maybe some more dark sweeping pads or something. good stuff, my cup of tea :)

BranLanen
03-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Yes! many people said that, my tracks need more interest...
In the new tracks i will make more variations, i'll give them a complex structure, but then the djs maybe dont like it for mixing... :lol:
Some friends of mine told me that the tracks are very bad, really bad, specially "kruni sud" track...but i like that sound, i also think it need more elements of sound for keeping interest, but like this kind of sound...

Mindful
10-09-2006, 12:02 AM
First track, I like the vibe and feel, there is enuff change to keep me happy.
Realy do feel that the drums need more life, the main tom type pattern could benifit from some light reverb or delay just to give it some life, also the kick I feel should be beefter(maybe some comression and eq)

Mindful
10-09-2006, 12:24 AM
man this second one sounds much better.
Again the drums I would like to hear with more prominence and life, like the hats need more life, some verb or dirt or somthing because they sound a little dry as is I feel.
Love this bass type synth thats present thruout.
Sorry for being negativebut I also feel there should be some more work done with this atmosphere(find that verb dude)
Theres a free one in the Vst thread in the production forum, Cinamatic reverb I think its called, check it out mate its realy good as a send effect for hats, drums and great for atmospheres.
Realy like the vibe and feel of both tracks, the second one most.

278d7e64a374de26f==