PDA

View Full Version : Here's my track called 'Fanatics Of terror'

djteknovibe
29-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Hi everyone I done a new track, got better over time with my production and now i'm doing well, so if you want, have a listen and tell me what you think to my track.

http://www.tnt-records.co.uk/my_tracks

The newest ones are society of ravers and fanatics of terror, the rest are about 1 year old so aren't as good. I been out of touch with music making for a while cos i've had 4 hard drives, 2 processors and 2 motherboards in my pc in the last 8 months or so. I've had terribel luck with parts of my pc breaking down, but now i'm back and making music again and forever learning.

danielmarshall
30-08-2006, 11:16 AM
If you're gonna be part of this forum, then I think you should possibly start by introducing yourself. Also if you want your stuff reviewed how about reviewing a few others first? It's common courtesy, and you'll find people will be allot less reluctant to review yours if you review thiers. Also, How about a link to an MP3? I HATE installing 3rd party plugins.

Buy yourself a current regulator/ decent power supply and you'll find your computer problems are substantially less.

djteknovibe
30-08-2006, 04:20 PM
All the problems with my computer are fixed now. And yeah i will review other people's tracks too I just posted this track up last night and didnt have time to review anyone elses tracks yet. By the way no-one else has had problems listening my track on other sites so how come you can't listen to it then? If you mean make my track available for download then sorry i'm willing to give my music away free, i'm trying to make it as a dance music producer and that would mean if I ever released the record it would already be old cos so many people had probably downloaded it already.

danielmarshall
31-08-2006, 03:40 AM
If you haven't noticed, there are established producers on this forum posting up entire tracks for review (Dirty Bass for example). Why don't you follow thier example? If you think that record labels are trolling internet forums looking for tracks IN MP3 FORMAT that they can release by some artist nobody has ever heard of you're dreaming... They get demo CDs by the dozen anyway.

Besides, if one track of yours was actually picked up by somebody and released it'd be fantastic exposure if you could prove your case (which would simply be a case of showing somebody your origional project files). You're as short sighted as you are inflexible.

djteknovibe
31-08-2006, 12:30 PM
I never said they were trolling mate, jesus. Don't assume anything and jump to conclusions. I didn't say trolling so I dint't mean trolling. Mate I understand what you mean about someone picking up my track and releasing it but thats but if going to release a track then I wanna do it myself. I'm not into giving away my music for free. I'm trying to learn how to make as good tracks as I can then get them mastered and give them to djs and distributers directly. That way they are the top pros in the business and will tell me if my track is good enough to actually be released. But at the moment i'm trying get my tracks a little more complex but I keep running out of poluphony on my 1 synth and cant afford to run out and buy sh*t loads more synths. So i'm getting to where I wanna go even if it is taking me some time.

djteknovibe
31-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Oh and by the way I wasn't actually thinking that someone was gonna release my track. I mean,

1. why would anyone wanna do that considering its on mp3 and
2. No-one is silly enough to do that cos that would be stealing and could mean big trouble for them

So I wasn't think that at all. You totally jumped to conclusions mate.

rhythmtech
31-08-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm not into giving away my music for free

good luck with establishing a name for yourself.. it wont happen with that attitude

I'm trying to learn how to make as good tracks as I can then get them mastered and give them to djs and distributers directly. That way they are the top pros in the business and will tell me if my track is good enough to actually be released

take a look at most of the names on here.. most of us are established pro djs and producers with releases behind us.

danielmarshall
31-08-2006, 02:28 PM
All I'm saying is that there is more than enough of other people's music to review here. If you make it hard for us to listen to we won't. And if you're scared of releasing sub quality tracks on the interenet for fear of having your reputation destroyed I'd be even more hesitant of sending it to the biggest people in the music industry. Think about it...

seanyboy
31-08-2006, 04:16 PM
being a bit harsh aint ya?

djteknovibe
01-09-2006, 01:32 PM
No i'm not making it hard for people to listen to my tracks, I just dont wanna make them available to download. I haven't got much confidence in the tracks I make cos I have a lot of trouble coming up with ideas for what kind of way I want my tracks to go. But i'm getting better all the time. I mean for the past year i've had so many viruses and spyware problems and hard drives and processors breaking down that i've got little confidence. But i've just had a very long run of bad luck. Everything is going spot on now cos i've got myself a western digital external hard drive so I my music is safe so thats gonna help. Before I didn't have an external hard drive and time after time I lost all my tracks that i'd worked on for about 12 hours a days for a month or so. The last virus cost 14 months work of about 12 hours a day in the studio and I had 6 finnished tracks on my pc but then lost everything so had to start all over again. But now i've got myself a usb hard drive my music is safe so i'm now back up learning again.

djteknovibe
01-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Plus as well as that i'm on disability benefit which means after food, petrol for my car and a new shaver blade every week which cos I got eczema I have to keep my head shaved so I can put my creams on my head and shaving everyday blunts it like hell (I go through a braun cutter and foil every week), i've got about £50-£60 a week to save for equipment. Which is piss all when trying to save for synths etc... But all this leads to a severe lack of confidence and quite a bit of depression. Sometimes i'm fine and feel inspired but most of the time I feel like i'm just no way near as good a producer as I am a dj. (So people say, i'm supposedly the best dj in boston, maybe lincolnshire. Although I dont think I am so dont do anything about it.But people telling me that makes me feel good)

ERROR404
01-09-2006, 02:30 PM
wish i had £50-£60 a week to save for equipment :(
As has been said, you'll do better to post urls to downloadable files. I HATE streaming music, if you make it difficult for people to listen to your stuff, then they are even less likely to have a look at it becasue they are alsready going out of their way to listen to and remark on your music :)

danielmarshall
01-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Keep trying. Things will improve with a bit of practice, and you'll be having allot more fun in the studio as opposed to frustration. If you're on a tight budget why not move toward using virtual instruments? Have a look at Native Instruments Komplete. For the price of one piece of decent outboard gear you'll be well on your way to having almost everything you'd ever need. Alternatively you can have a look on http://www.kvraudio.com/ for links to stacks of free, and often high quality VST plugins and instruments. Outboard isn't always a better solution anyway.

I'm not trying to bash the newbie (I'm still fairly new here), and you're welcome to post your tracks up here for review. Just bare in mind that if you follow the standard protocols things will be easier on everybody though.

romelpotter
01-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Sometimes i'm fine and feel inspired but most of the time I feel like i'm just no way near as good a producer as I am a dj. (So people say, i'm supposedly the best dj in boston, maybe lincolnshire. Although I dont think I am so dont do anything about it.But people telling me that makes me feel good)

Why don't you get your self a good mix cd done, send it off to a few clubs nights. tell the promoters that you have a coachload of your mates to come down (making sure you can get a coach load of mates, no point promising stuff you can't fulfill). Once you have a few gigs under your belt (you may only get travel expenses to start off with), build your rep as a dj and see where you end up. If your good, and you can bring people to the venue everytime then other promoters will be interested. After a while, if your lucky, then maybe people will start paying you cash for gigs. use this to buy gear. hardwares good but soft synths are just as good as daniel has said. and away you go.

hope this helps matey.

djteknovibe
01-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Well I use to play at raves and was resident at a club in boston in 1995 use to make the place rock and everyone came up to me shaking my hand telling me I was the bollox. And I won a competition to play at one of the biggest raves in britain in 1998 but the event was cancelled at the last minute so I was heart broken. Then in 2001 I quit dj'ing cos I thought I couldnt make it. I came close to making it but clsoe is not good enough. Now everyone is aking me to start dj'ing again cos they miss the bangin techno sets I use to play so i'm thinking about getting an allen and heath mixer next month and starting again cos I miss playing at raves and parties and miss the people coming up to me absolutely buzzin and wanting to shake my hand telling me that my scratchin and mixing was amazing.

But music making wise, I need inspiration and I get it whne I go to raves but aint out for a night out, not even the cinema in about 14 months. And soft synths may be cool, I use battery 2 and audio realism bassline tb303 clone but using all soft synth really does drain the cpu power which I need to be able to use waves renaissance maxx bundle comfortably.

djteknovibe
01-09-2006, 03:14 PM
I guess I just need to give myself a big kick up the ass and say to myself "I am as good a dj as I use to be, I just need to adapt to the different styles of hard dance music i'm into now as aposed to the gabba, happy hardcore, jungle and oldksool I use to be into".

ERROR404
01-09-2006, 03:27 PM
get more ram / better prcessor then :)

djteknovibe
01-09-2006, 04:27 PM
I've already got a pentium 4 3.2ghz pc with 1.5ghz of ram and its coping ok but if I get more soft synths its gonna choke for definate. And I cant afford to buy another high power computer, I mean a powerful one for making music would cost me about £700 minimum.

gary_human
13-09-2006, 11:42 AM
good luck with the music man - i had a listen to 3 tracks, but to me they sound a bit more hard trance. maybe you should have had them posted in that forum ? >> http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/portal/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f=51 i reckon you may get more posts about your actual music and more people may dig the tracks.

the tracks are not what i would dj, but they sound banging well produced and just like the stuff i have heard hard dance/trance djs play and seen loads of people "***in 'avin it" to.

good luck with the music man and believe in yourself and do what you wanna do :thumbsup:

Barely Human
13-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Ok, i think some people have been a bit unfairly harsh, although you have made yourself a target with some of the comments you have made. If your serious about the music you love, then you would want everyone to hear your music and not be bothered about getting money or fame from it.

Anyway. ive had a listen to a couple of your tracks, its not techno so i think you've posted this in the wrong forum mate. They sound very old school style old trance. Production isnt too shabby, but i wouldnt say its releasable. That being said, the mix sounds quite balanced and its not cluttered. Ive heard a lot worse. Hope it works out for you.

Anyway, on a previous note. You tracks are available to download off your site, so i think you need to get this straight before you try and defend you argument ;) ---->> http://k.b5z.net/i/u/2181276/m/DJ_Teknovibe_--_Society_Of_Ravers__A_Little_More_Reverb_--_MP3_.mp3

danielmarshall
06-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Well it works for me.

278d7e64a374de26f==