PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea are really starting to take the piss

Will
31-08-2006, 06:09 PM
It seems MSI, not Corinthians, own the contracts of Tevez and Mascherano and who else, but Abramovich is a major shareholder in them and since he doesn't want them going to someone who could challenge them in the Prem or Europe they're going to mighty West Ham on loan...

After burning their bridges at Corinthians when they no doubt thought they could move to a big club. I bet they're messing us about with Cole so we have no time to bring in a replacement too, but would be better off cashing in than letting his contract run down.

It's getting to the point where it's not a sport any more, it's more like WWE only with a very predictable storyline (Chelsea win).

SlavikSvensk
01-09-2006, 12:26 AM
over here, the new way of running baseball teams is nicknamed "moneyball." appropriate in this case too, maybe.

isn't abramovich more concerned about winning the champions league than the premiership again?

Will
01-09-2006, 12:35 AM
He wants both I'm sure! Yeah, I've heard comparisons with baseball, I don't know much about the baseball situation though... I think MSI are the dodgy people behind the Argies to WHU thing though and they're not involved with Roman, but are rival Oligarch's or something after reading more about it...

It's worse if anything though, more dodgy people who don't care about football turning it into a billionaire play thing where the fans don't matter... The FA and/or government has to put a stop to it in my opinion before most people lose interest in a corrupted sport...

SlavikSvensk
01-09-2006, 04:19 AM
the comparison is apt when talking about the finances of the sports. and the way a few big spenders dominate year after year.

kai
01-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Here here Will - though fans of club who have short term success through billionaires investment are no doubt rubbing their hands with glee in the long term its gonna ruin the game, turn more people away from football to rugby, and generally damage English football - and as soon as that happens and the Premiership is no longer such a good investment then these guys will quite happily shaft the clubs involved.

And Glazer's a cunt!!!

nick_anarchy
01-09-2006, 11:16 AM
shame tbh both were utd targets and both good players would of done well at utd .. o well at least west ham will have some good players

Will
01-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Yeah Kai, I mean look at the state MSI have got Corinthians, one of the biggest clubs in Brazil in to - they're bankrupt and in the relegation zone after 18 games apparently. And I bet they won't see a penny for two of their best players either, looks like MSI are moving on to their next victims...

And you're right, Glazer is a cunt, he put all his debts in to Man U, a previously cash rich club so whatever happens it'll be them who get stuck with the debts, not him. I can't help, but think Man U have less money to spend than Arsenal at the moment and that's not saying much.

278d7e64a374de26f==