PDA

View Full Version : West Ham sign 2 star Argies

SlavikSvensk
31-08-2006, 06:10 PM
i don't normally post in here on the premiership cuz it's hard for me to keep up on the day to day from afar, but figured this was interesting news

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1861800,00.html

Will
31-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Very ****ing dodgy...

djfase
31-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Find this really strange.

Why pick west ham when they could of chose who they went to ?

Summins not right

Dean-E
31-08-2006, 07:35 PM

Summins not right

They chose west ham because they are the greatest team in the prem with the best suporters and the best young manager :cheese: .... but seriously i don't know why and i dont care because this is the best news i have had all year.... come on you irons

Miksta
31-08-2006, 07:36 PM
There not actually "owned" by there former clubs , but actually owned by -Media Sports Investments-

The same group that was going to take over West ham last year, i wouldnt be suprised if they are now gunna make a bid on the hammers :)

Dean-E
31-08-2006, 07:57 PM
There not actually "owned" by there former clubs , but actually owned by -Media Sports Investments-

The same group that was going to take over West ham last year, i wouldnt be suprised if they are now gunna make a bid on the hammers :)

That seems to be the thought of every West Ham fan mate.... If this is what MSI can do for us though I will take it! Bring on every-one hating West Ham for winning everything and bring out the glory hunters!!! :lol: :lol: As a Hammer I think that we have now got a chance of winning things this season... I was just hoping for a repeat of last season but now I know that we should match if not do better than last time, and if a take over happens and it gets Terry Brown out of his big comfy chair smoking his big cigars then i cant wait.

HAPPY DAYS FOR A HAPPY HAMMER!!!!!!!

Miksta
31-08-2006, 08:14 PM
well they are both world class players, im really looking forward to watching the hammers now :)

SlavikSvensk
31-08-2006, 09:14 PM

Summins not right

well, it would be better than going somewhere like chelsea where they might sit the bench.

i think i buy the whole MSI-buyout theory

basslinejunkie
31-08-2006, 11:21 PM

That seems to be the thought of every West Ham fan mate.... If this is what MSI can do for us though I will take it! Bring on every-one hating West Ham for winning everything and bring out the glory hunters!!! :lol: :lol: As a Hammer I think that we have now got a chance of winning things this season... I was just hoping for a repeat of last season but now I know that we should match if not do better than last time, and if a take over happens and it gets Terry Brown out of his big comfy chair smoking his big cigars then i cant wait.

HAPPY DAYS FOR A HAPPY HAMMER!!!!!!!

i think u had a chance of winning a cup anyway,but ****,im stunned.my dad (a Hammers fan) is creaming his pants

Will
31-08-2006, 11:49 PM
I can't help, but wonder how much say they had in the matter and what fee, if any, Corinthians received. They burned their bridges at Corinthians then end up at a smaller club that MSI already tried to buy and will no doubt take over shortly... They must have known big clubs would be in for them, but MSI forced them into it, saying it was that or being frozen out and hated at Corinthians.

Still, it's hardly in the same league as Abramovich spending £140m and unless they sign a good few more players before the deadline I doubt it'll be that good for West Ham and they might well fail to turn up for them within the next year and force another move... Corinthians were in the relegation zone when they left so they're obviously not that influential.

Will
31-08-2006, 11:55 PM
And selling Cygan for £2m was the deal of the summer!

SlavikSvensk
01-09-2006, 12:23 AM
I can't help, but wonder how much say they had in the matter and what fee, if any, Corinthians received. They burned their bridges at Corinthians then end up at a smaller club that MSI already tried to buy and will no doubt take over shortly... They must have known big clubs would be in for them, but MSI forced them into it, saying it was that or being frozen out and hated at Corinthians.

Still, it's hardly in the same league as Abramovich spending £140m and unless they sign a good few more players before the deadline I doubt it'll be that good for West Ham and they might well fail to turn up for them within the next year and force another move... Corinthians were in the relegation zone when they left so they're obviously not that influential.

i think they'll get paid no matter what. the article says they cost 15 million pounds each.

djfase
01-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Dont think west ham will ever get glory hunters.

They are a family club and always have been, always will be and good on them.

But **** me, forget tevez hes good, but macherano is absolute quality

Will
01-09-2006, 12:37 AM
I dunno, I reckon MSI are gonna sink their claws into WHU, no other explanation, they'll soon cease to be a family club I'm sure.

kai
01-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Was proper stunned when heard this on news last night as know both United and Arsenal were interested in the pair so couldn't understand it - however the MSI theory definately looks like the only explanation!

french_og
01-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Mascherano is a very good holding player will do well for West Ham. I have not really seen enough of Tavez and he did not look that brilliant in the World Cup but think the Prem could suit him, he is big powerful and fast.

basslinejunkie
01-09-2006, 02:34 PM
hes like rooney,but not as clinical really.

Will
01-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Yeah, well they'll get to see what they could have (possibly) won when they play at the Emirates on Sunday, I suppose they must have been shown round West Ham's shit hole already! Hopefully they'll get 'beasted' by Baptista... though they were probably forced into it so we should feel sorry for them really. The comments coming out are laughable, how Pardew didn't have to sell the club to them - they had no real choice!

I mean it's not just Arsenal and Man U, but the likes of AC Milan, Roma and Bayern Munich who were linked with them and I doubt they'd even heard of West Ham 'til the interest - and I bet MSI offered them to West Ham either in exchange for shares or as a show of good faith prior to take over talks - they surely wouldn't even have attempted to sign them if it wasn't for MSI's involvement, they'd have had no chance.

Dean-E
02-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Yeah, well they'll get to see what they could have (possibly) won when they play at the Emirates on Sunday, I suppose they must have been shown round West Ham's shit hole already! Hopefully they'll get 'beasted' by Baptista... though they were probably forced into it so we should feel sorry for them really. The comments coming out are laughable, how Pardew didn't have to sell the club to them - they had no real choice!

I mean it's not just Arsenal and Man U, but the likes of AC Milan, Roma and Bayern Munich who were linked with them and I doubt they'd even heard of West Ham 'til the interest - and I bet MSI offered them to West Ham either in exchange for shares or as a show of good faith prior to take over talks - they surely wouldn't even have attempted to sign them if it wasn't for MSI's involvement, they'd have had no chance.

Calling West Ham a shit hole is a bit harsh mate

Dean-E
02-09-2006, 03:54 PM
take over talks are on going at the mo and Pardew could get a £100m war chest aswell :shock:

Will
02-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Look at Corinthians, they're bankrupt and in the relegation zone after 18 games, so I wouldn't get your hopes up about what MSI would do for you. It seems Tevez and Mascherano moved to West Ham to be put in the shop window and attract the likes of Chelsea and will move on in a year, plus they're still owned by MSI, not WHU.

That's how MSI operate, they put south americans in the shop window to attract a big bid from wealthy european sides and of course Chelsea are the wealthiest so now they want to do it in the Prem.

Dean-E
02-09-2006, 05:54 PM
I can see your point but with £100m to spend if the take over happens then as they leave for another club then we have the money to replace them with other top stars... ok so it's not the best but in time IF West Ham become conteneders to the top four then there will be no need to sell top stars to the top four....Also there has been talk of us getting the olympic stadium when the olympics have finished. I think that this is the way football is going and i'm glad we have joined the ride early.[/b]

djfase
03-09-2006, 05:42 PM
I see utd turned down the chance to sign both these players. They wasnt even interested in tevez and why would they be when they have one of the bes in rooney.

Mascherano though i thought they would have gone for, especially knowing hargreaves was staying at bayern.

And will its a bit harsh calling upton park a shithole. Rememeber it was only 6 months ago arsenal were playing at piss stained joke of a ground called highbury. Now that was a shithole

Will
03-09-2006, 09:26 PM
Yeah right, Highbury was a very nice stadium in a very nice area! Better than Upton Park, the Dell or St Mary's any day. :roll:

I reckon they wanted loads of money for Mascherano and that's why it didn't happen.

SlavikSvensk
04-09-2006, 01:51 AM
this is pretty interesting...about tevez, MSI, and corinthians

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=377839&root=global&cc=5739

278d7e64a374de26f==