PDA

View Full Version : How do you see the season going now the summer transfers are

Will
02-09-2006, 05:43 PM
complete? Personally, I'm a lot more optimistic now, if we don't have too many injuries I reckon we could push for 3rd, or possibly even higher... I dunno if it'll happen, but against the likes of Bolton we could play Ljungberg, Baptista, Gilberto, Lauren across the middle which looks a lot stronger, I'm hoping Baptista will be our 2nd top scorer and balance the lack of power in our midfield, a bit like Vieira did.

And Gallas is arguably an even better signing, he's certainly proven in the Prem (though Baptista looks well suited to the Prem I reckon) and will definitely weaken Chelsea, they don't look so strong now and we arguably have a better central defensive partnership now... In fact we may even have more strength in depth there too after they sold both Gallas and Huth and only brought in Boulharouz didn't they? Hmmm...

It'll be interesting to see who, if anyone we sign in Jan, a left back hopefully, Lahm perhaps...

Col
02-09-2006, 08:15 PM
West Ham for the title.

basslinejunkie
02-09-2006, 08:57 PM
why a left back? u have clichy

Will
03-09-2006, 01:28 AM
That's one left back when you want two for every position really, I mean both him and Cole missed most of last season and I'd rather see Flamini play there than Clichy, in most cases at least, unless he'd be up against someone with a lot of pace at least.

SlavikSvensk
03-09-2006, 01:30 AM
i see arsenal finishing #2 to guess who

Will
03-09-2006, 03:26 AM
Really? Hmm, we shall see! I'd be pretty happy with that after last season, though before it was the bare minumum!

french_og
03-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Babtista is a better forward, thats where he played for Seville before going to Real and he played up front at the end of the season for Real last season and it was the only time he played well.

He looked terrible whenever Real played him in Midfield, best get him up front with Henry, them two´s pace will be difficult to mark.

Dean-E
03-09-2006, 12:12 PM
West Ham for the title.

amen to that :devilish:

Will
03-09-2006, 03:56 PM
West Ham for 6th perhaps!

Will
03-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Babtista is a better forward, thats where he played for Seville before going to Real and he played up front at the end of the season for Real last season and it was the only time he played well.

He looked terrible whenever Real played him in Midfield, best get him up front with Henry, them two´s pace will be difficult to mark.

Wasn't he played on the wing or possibly as a defensive midfielder for Real rather than as an attacking midfielder?

djfase
03-09-2006, 04:10 PM
I can still only see chelsea altho i think the other teams have caught up. Chelsea selling galla was a big mistake.

Think utd and liverpool will challenge as theyve grown in strength and depth, tho selling horsehead was a big mistake, theyve got ole back.

Gallas will strengthen arsenal no question. Id say hes a better defender than sol and him, toure, and senderos are 3 very good centre backs. Whos wenger gonna play as the 2?

No chance of arsenal getting lahm as hes only just signed for bayern

french_og
03-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Yeah to begin with Babtista was played centre midfield or on the left but towards the end he was pushed up front where he always played for Seville.

basslinejunkie
03-09-2006, 09:36 PM
hate to say it but united look good,they havent played anyone gd yet tho

Will
03-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Ah well I suppose we only have 4 first team forwards if you count Baptista (and count Walcott as a winger since that's where he's played so far) so he can play there and I think both Fabregas and Rosicky would do best in the middle partnering someone like Gilberto... Plus we apparently have the new Cesc and Gilberto as well as the old ones in Merida and Denilson!

Sounds like we can forget Lahm then...

I thought Man U might easily have lost against Watford, so I'm not convinced by them... Then again none of the top teams have been very convincing so far of course.

basslinejunkie
04-09-2006, 02:21 PM
denilson as in once the worlds most expensive player?!?!?!?

french_og
04-09-2006, 03:55 PM
No it is a new young lad.

The other Denilson still play in Spain i think although never really lived up to his price tag although had loads of skill.

278d7e64a374de26f==