03-09-2006, 08:12 PM
opinions welcome :techno:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=FD2B2D3F0BFDA433

thomas_figo
04-09-2006, 01:49 PM
ohh come on, be honest as well

rhythmtech
04-09-2006, 01:58 PM
m8.. you'll probably get a better response if you go and review some other peoples stuff, say hi to people in here aswell.. we get people on here all the time posting a few tracks, looking for replies and then buggering off never to be heard of again.. seems like a waste of time sometimes for us to review..

you gotta give to get back.

btw i'm d/ling yours now.

rhythmtech
04-09-2006, 02:07 PM
k...
first impressions..

bass is far too loose.. seriously needs tightning up.
everything is far too stereo wide IMO - there doesnt seem to be any middle stereo field
the bell that comes in is way too loud and theres a horrible resonance off it that hurts the ears.
theres a weird filtered edit @ 2:15 that doesnt sit well and misses the beat slightly when coming back in.
its very loopy and just meanders along without going anywhere.

overall its not as bad as im making out (this forum is for help so theres no point in me saying "yeah..its ok" and thats it)
you're obviously going in the right direction in terms of production.. it certainly doesnt sound like a beginner.. just not as polished as an experienced producer.

you need to work on your arrangements and sculpting your sounds.

can i ask what monitors you use? its just that bottom end is very very muddy and im wondering why. do you cut your bass below 70/80khz? do you compress it properly?

hope you dont get offended by this but like i said this part of the forum is for help... if you eventually get into the releases section then the praise comes ;)

thomas_figo
04-09-2006, 02:23 PM
no worries m8. thats why i've posted it for. i need directions and big thanx for that. i dont wanna say 'look how great track i've produced' becouse i know that my knowlegde is far far away from bringing tunes out.
i used free filter there,did not compressor.would able to advise me how to use compressor properly?

rhythmtech
04-09-2006, 02:28 PM
what compressor you got? they're all fairly differant. i use the sonalksis one..

rough settings for bass (although these always change slightly with each tune)

threhlod -10/-12
ratio 3.5.1
attack 9ms
release 250ms

thomas_figo
04-09-2006, 02:43 PM
this information i was short of. i use master compressor(fruity loops 6). should i install an extra one or will this one do?
do u put compresor on yr whole tune ore separetly on paterns?
sorry those questions mite sound very unproffesional,i do apoligize m8.

and what do u think of this one?
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=AFCB69EA1BDD47DE

rhythmtech
04-09-2006, 02:52 PM
this one sounds a lot cleaner.. again very boomy down the bottom end though.
theres some nice use of filters but again the higher synths are a little too loud in the overall mix and theres a weird breakbeat that comes in (which i quite like :)) but its far too loud..

you need to work at getting your overall levels right and your structures.. your tunes need to go somewhere and not just meander.

but like i said a LOT cleaner than the other one

heres my rmx of the same tune as a referance
rock the show (http://www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/dirtybass007-rock_the_show_(rhythm_technologies_rmx)_V1.mp3)

as for compression.. i apply it seperatly to almost everything in the mix but not on the master output. then for mastering i apply multiband compression VERY sparingly over the entire mix.

rhythmtech
04-09-2006, 02:53 PM
sorry... heres a better link

http://www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/dirtybass007-rock_the_show_(rhythm_technologies_rmx)_V1.mp3

rhythmtech
04-09-2006, 02:54 PM
AAARGH

SORRY.. HERE IT IS AGAIN

www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/dirtybass007-rocktheshow-rhythm_technologies_rmx.mp3

thomas_figo
04-09-2006, 02:56 PM
ur link doesnt work. can u resend it

rhythmtech
04-09-2006, 02:59 PM
the last one does

thomas_figo
04-09-2006, 03:05 PM
respect m8. right tune.
thanx a lot for everythink

rhythmtech
04-09-2006, 03:08 PM
glad to help....

now go check out other peoples tune and leave comments.. get talkin to people and you'll get reviews a lot quicker

278d7e64a374de26f==