PDA

View Full Version : bionic orange to be sold exclusivley through gotbass

rowland the bastard
05-09-2006, 10:41 PM
well not really but i was wondering the general thoughts about if i only sell bionic orange release through my site, if you could buy a record for a fiver inc p+p would you buy it (as long as you liked it) that is

or would you not bother cause its not on any other websites or in any shops?
RTB

dan the acid man
05-09-2006, 11:08 PM
it wouldn't bother me at all mate, i'd buy it directly from your shop.

would be nice to be able to buy mp3's or wavs too

Si the Sigh
06-09-2006, 08:57 AM
£5 all in? Sounds like a fu*king good deal to me.

SICKNOTE
06-09-2006, 10:36 AM
damn good idea

more n more people buy through the net now anyways

nihilist
06-09-2006, 11:41 AM
yep good idea

but you would have to promt with delievers as late send outs would piss alot of people off. juno send stuff very quickly usally by the next day

Aratron
06-09-2006, 01:12 PM
5 quid all in - bargain make it so

Fusion
06-09-2006, 02:07 PM
don't like that idea

living in the states it would not be worth the shipping for 1 record

that make james sad :roll:

SICKNOTE
06-09-2006, 02:20 PM
good point but im sure there could be exceptions for people across the pond like some deal with at least one shop/website or somink

Fusion
06-09-2006, 02:23 PM
good point but im sure there could be exceptions for people across the pond like some deal with at least one shop/website or somink

i buy all my vinyl form one shop in the uk

i am loyal to them - that's just my way

so if they no longer sold bionic orange or infected - i wouldn't own them

it is hard enough to pay for records and shipping as it is - and i think that bastard should keep his current distribution and offer on his own (if that's possible)

groover'z
06-09-2006, 02:55 PM
same here in Brazil...

Si the Sigh
06-09-2006, 03:08 PM
So it's looking great for the UK but not anywhere else...D'oh!

rowland the bastard
06-09-2006, 05:53 PM
very interesting, well groovers and james, where do you buy your vinyl from? and what if it was like £5 (more like £5.50) uk and £7.50 rest of world? remember you dont have to charge vat on imports so in reality it might be as little as £6.50 would you still not buy?

rowland the bastard
06-09-2006, 05:56 PM
also... there's a possibilty that all three labels will have there releases at the same time so as long as you liked all three that would cut costs down

rowland the bastard
06-09-2006, 05:58 PM

if that is the case then i willl probably release exclusive from my site for uk and use exporters for R.O.W.

fils_here
06-09-2006, 09:04 PM
well not really but i was wondering the general thoughts about if i only sell bionic orange release through my site, if you could buy a record for a fiver inc p+p would you buy it (as long as you liked it) that is

or would you not bother cause its not on any other websites or in any shops?
RTB

5er including p&p it's a steal it's sale of the ****in' century **** it i want 1 now....

SICKNOTE
06-09-2006, 09:09 PM

if that is the case then i willl probably release exclusive from my site for uk and use exporters for R.O.W.

probably the best way to go about it

if you do it that way then everybodys happy

conor256
07-09-2006, 01:12 PM
id definitely prfer this deal as a consumer..... however i think that as a seller then it only makes sense that the more places/sites your products are on sale the more you will sell..... how about you make a few copies available from your website at a fiver all in - that way your fans(for lack of a better word) who visit your site can benefit from the cheaper deal.....

groover'z
08-09-2006, 04:48 PM
very interesting, well groovers and james, where do you buy your vinyl from? and what if it was like £5 (more like £5.50) uk and £7.50 rest of world? remember you dont have to charge vat on imports so in reality it might be as little as £6.50 would you still not buy?

Best prices for Brazil are from Juno and Chemical.
Juno sells UK records for 4,25 + 3,6 = 7,85
Chemical is cheaper because postage is cheaper... they sell UK records for 4,68 + 2,0 = 6,68

How will we pay you Rowland? Credit card?

FUSION
18-09-2006, 08:06 PM
yeh thats a plan rowland bring it

tOM B
19-09-2006, 02:02 PM
i like the idea of my money going straight to the source :)

Electrictribe
19-09-2006, 02:57 PM
i agree money going to the source is a good idea. however if you do sell exclusively through your site then you will be losing sales from elsewhere. Not everyone will know they have to buy form the site. Others will just not bother because either they forget or it is just isn't from their usual source.

Best bet would be to sell promos thorugh the webiste so people can get them early direct.

You don't want to end up being out of pocket from it at end of the day.

rowland the bastard
29-09-2006, 04:05 PM

Best prices for Brazil are from Juno and Chemical.
Juno sells UK records for 4,25 + 3,6 = 7,85
Chemical is cheaper because postage is cheaper... they sell UK records for 4,68 + 2,0 = 6,68

How will we pay you Rowland? Credit card?

pay pal mate... i will be able to beat that :cheese:

rowland the bastard
29-09-2006, 04:07 PM
i agree money going to the source is a good idea. however if you do sell exclusively through your site then you will be losing sales from elsewhere. Not everyone will know they have to buy form the site. Others will just not bother because either they forget or it is just isn't from their usual source.

Best bet would be to sell promos thorugh the webiste so people can get them early direct.

You don't want to end up being out of pocket from it at end of the day.

i have an idea and its good for a change, but im gonna keep it under wraps as i want to be one of the first to do this and i think i have said to much already but i needed to do some m r so thank you all :cheese:

278d7e64a374de26f==