PDA

View Full Version : What sequencer do you all use.

theledge
06-09-2006, 05:43 PM
This has probably been covered before but thought i'd give it another spin :roll:

So what software sequencing environment do you find best for techno?

I rate usability and fluidity of use very highly for a sequencer, its got to be intuitive to use, although that also obviously got to be balanced off against range of features...

I used Fruityloops/Studio for donkeys, combined with Kontakt, and it is so quick and intuitive for banging some beats together, and fun to use too

Im now slowly but methodically learning to use Cubase SX, its slow going but im starting to learn about the features which make it a bit more intuitive and quick to use, all the keyboard shortcuts, drum editor etc.

I still dont find it nearly as quick or fun(yet) as Fruity, but the extra power, mixing options, etc I am starting to not be able to live without....

So what about other ppl
:ninja:

luisg99
06-09-2006, 05:54 PM
I use Cubase SX3... use the drum editor with NI Battery 2.. perfect combination for techno... u might wanna make this a poll

theledge
06-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Good idea...will do when i get home ;)

theledge
06-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Okay ive added the options, if i've forgotten one i can edit it in there ;)

bmovie
06-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Another: energyXT
http://www.xt-hq.com/

theledge
06-09-2006, 08:20 PM
interesting...never come across that before..looks worth a closer look

Just the result I was hoping for :thumbsup:
:)

loopdon
06-09-2006, 09:03 PM
fl mainly. but live is a nice piece of kit, too. and others. we all have tools at our disposalthat peeps would have dreamt of say 5 or 10 years ago :)

theledge
06-09-2006, 10:20 PM
I particularly like Ableton as an intuitive fun interface, although ive got to say that I havent ever used it at a sequencer

Last time I used it was in the audio-only, pre midi days, havent got my hands on a newer version just yet

It is so quick and intuitive...I wish Cubase could be rewritten like that :lol:

RDR
06-09-2006, 10:41 PM
What i use is

Pro Tolls for recording
LIVE for live... doh!
Logic for sequencing
Cubase with students
Fruityloops for loop creation and fun
Reason with students

bmovie
06-09-2006, 10:54 PM
interesting...never come across that before..looks worth a closer look

Just the result I was hoping for :thumbsup:
:)

Checkout their very active forum on KVR:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=36 ;)

findthesolution
07-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Reason for just about everything, save for a few plugin synths and effects which I use either in Logic or Live.

Logic for its superb reverb and compressor, usually have Reason rewired into it.

Live for gigs, although I've yet to play anything other than a quick 20 minute set of loops at a friend's house party.

278d7e64a374de26f==