PDA

View Full Version : Rob Hood

Sunil
07-10-2003, 12:40 AM
what are people's opinion him? He is often mentioned in the same breath as Mills however he has never gained the same kind of recognition. Listening to some of his records this week I've realised that he probably doesn't get as much credit for the originality ogf his productions as he should, what do other people think?

miles
07-10-2003, 09:23 AM
what are people's opinion him? He is often mentioned in the same breath as Mills however he has never gained the same kind of recognition. Listening to some of his records this week I've realised that he probably doesn't get as much credit for the originality ogf his productions as he should, what do other people think?

A true master, f*****g wicked!
When Minimal Nation came out, it blew the place apart.

Esox Lucius
07-10-2003, 10:06 AM
Better producer than Mills imo, good dj aswell.

nice glitchy minimal stuff.

Tiptoe
07-10-2003, 10:38 AM
awsome saw him at the orbit this year and it was one of the best sets i have seen hard and fast just how i like it!

T
07-10-2003, 11:56 AM
Yes robert hood is quality producer, had made some of the best minimal trax out there. Haven't heard any particularly new stuff by him but he's made some classic stuff. Very unique. and Minimal Nation, what a classic! His dj sets are a lot pacier than i thought they would be but quality none the less. Heard him out at lost last year and he played some great music, well mixed.

krakp0t
07-10-2003, 02:50 PM
rob hood dj sets not to be missed. how can you go wrong with one of the founders of UR?

technotourist did an interview with him last year: http://www.technotourist.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&re q=viewarticle&artid=23

Buttman
07-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Did the lot of you hear his new album? LOL :lol: bleep-hop! Awful IMO.

miles
07-10-2003, 05:52 PM
Did the lot of you hear his new album? LOL :lol: bleep-hop! Awful IMO.

Yeah it's pretty bad, just seams to be knocking it out (ohh err)
for the cash nowdays.
Even the M-plant stuff is sounding a bit tired.
still a great producer though.
Waveform 2 is also f*****g awesome!A true classic
Don't make em like that anymore, proper shit!

278d7e64a374de26f==