PDA

View Full Version : VST instruments audio outputs

Tomski
07-10-2003, 07:00 PM
Just a quick one coz this is taking me a while to sort out.

How do I change the audio outputs of VST instruments. For example if I wanted to have absynth using outputs 1 & 2, and the halion using 3 & 4.
Is it done using cubase or the instrument itself.

Any help would be good cheers. T

Tomski
07-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Ok I've managed to sort it out now. :lol:

For anybody with the same problem, the way I did it is using mixer 2 in the devices menu. All the VST instruments outputs can be controlled from there. duno if there is a better way. T

DJZeMig_L
07-10-2003, 11:30 PM
On the main mixer u can also make it show/ hide different elements, including VST i...

The way 2 change de outputs is on the instrument itself, has multiple outs is something that derives from the Vst i.

Z

Tomski
08-10-2003, 05:30 PM
Cheers for that mate.

I tried changing the outputs on the instruments them selfs but could only use the pan to choose between 1 & 2, couldn't find any more options. Tis all good now tho as I can do what I want using the mixer.

DJZeMig_L
08-10-2003, 07:39 PM
I'll check at home..

Which VST Is do U wnat 2 know how 2 set up the outputs??

Z

Tomski
09-10-2003, 09:27 AM
For the moment I was trying to do it with halion, absynth and FM7. Pretty silly really but I couldn't do it with any of them. T

DJZeMig_L
09-10-2003, 02:03 PM
Hallion I know U can Absynth and FM7 I'm not so sure u can have multiple outs has I think the are monotimbral (1 sound at a time)... not absolutly sure .. I'm not such a power user of these last 2.. hallion I use quite a few times and I've use multiple outs!!

Z

I'll let ya know something 2day m8,

DJZeMig_L
09-10-2003, 02:45 PM
Ok...

Like I said U can only do it for Hallion...

click edit 2 c the vst i pannel....

On the main Pannel (MACRO) u have on the bottom 2 yer left a little pannel 4 the midi channel, next 2 it u have another 1 saying OUTPUT... so here u choose 1 of the many output available...
U can have a different output 4 each midi channel...

If by per chance U need the same sound but with different notes on different outputs, just use the same sound on diferent channels...

That's it... let me know If u r sorted now...

4 absynth or FM7 all u do is open more than 1 instance of each... if it's the same sound .. just use the same preset (or user patch)..

Z

Tomski
09-10-2003, 07:01 PM
Yeah cheers mate thats wicked. Had a bit of a fiddle and I now know exactly whats going on, I think. When you open halion it gives all its possible outputs a channel on the mixer. So then you can set the outputs on the mixer, which then means you can change the output from halion. I found that if you didn't change that outputs on the mixer then changing the outputs on halion didn't do anything. Cheers for the help man. T :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==