PDA

View Full Version : The end of Lab 4...

Si the Sigh
13-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Check out http://www.lab4.com for more info...

Well, it is definitely long over due that we put finger to keyboard and say Hi! It is unbelievable that we are already at this end of the year and discussing Christmas and New Years Eve gigs again.

The main reason for our contact though is to put pay to a bunch of rumors that seem to be spreading and growing, internet-wide about the future of Lab4……

At the beginning of this year we discussed our intensions of taking 2007 off to be able to recuperate physically and mentally, as well as to take stock of the past 15 years of our lives. We also felt that if we were to continue onwards with our music, that we need to be able to focus for longer without every studio session being disrupted by our gig schedule.

2006 has been a really hard year for us what with the endless delays with the None Of Us Are Saints album followed by being threatened with Legal action over a certain cover version, the Live Extreme productions in Japan and at Brixton Academy and all the extra planning, rehearsing and production work needed to pull off such big shows. After lots of soul searching and reflecting we have decided that it is time to call it a day with Lab4.

We have had an amazing trip with you all over the last 12 years, that has been a constant roller coaster ride of unbelievable highs and lows (mostly highs) that has taken us all round the world and put us in front of crowds of upwards of 15,000 in a single room, but we both know that the time has come to step off and let Lab4 be, and to move on to what ever maybe ahead for us both.

We will be playing live up until NYE which is being discussed with possible promoters at the moment and from there on anyone who is on our mailing list will be informed of what we will be up to into 2007. We would like to thank everyone who has helped out in the Lab4 camp over the years, particularly Kym for keeping our website running and our calendar full, Ali and Lewy for all their help and support with the record store and for helping out as crew at gigs and Ian Shoesmith for all his help with our artwork. Also, thanks to everyone who has supported us over the years at gigs and via email, it has made all the difference.

Love + Respect

Lab4

A shame, although to be honest although their older work was awesome the stuff they've done in the last couple of years has been seriously poor IMO.

I've got good memorys of seeing Lab 4 rock it at the Country Club on a regular basis. :)

Aratron
13-09-2006, 09:37 AM
yeah i seen lab 4 play at camden palace and at the arches.
nothing to write home about

theledge
13-09-2006, 10:11 AM
I loved their stuff in the late nineties...saw them live a lot and they absolutely rocked it then.

Did lose it a bit for me over the last few years though.

All the best to them nonetheless :toast:

SICKNOTE
13-09-2006, 10:17 AM
the reformation tune they did is still one of the best tunes imo

reformation 2?

cant remember, still want it though

theledge
13-09-2006, 10:25 AM
That reformation tune was brilliant.

The one with the Oberon remix on the back.

theledge
13-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Sold mine for forty quid on Banging Tunes a while back though, couldnt resist...

SICKNOTE
13-09-2006, 10:58 AM
is that the piccy disc one? the one with the skull on the front

actually i think that one was reformation 2 on fragile with the c.e2 tune on the other side (after a feverish web search to make myself sound knowledgable)

turned mine into a clock :lol:

lookin for the other version still

Si the Sigh
13-09-2006, 11:53 AM
"Machine" on Havok was the dancefloor destroyer! :cheese:

theledge
13-09-2006, 12:02 PM
is that the piccy disc one? the one with the skull on the front

actually i think that one was reformation 2 on fragile with the c.e2 tune on the other side (after a feverish web search to make myself sound knowledgable)

turned mine into a clock :lol:

lookin for the other version still

Si, it was the Alien Trax original...not a bad deal huh.

Brought it for £3.99 in HMV when it first came out, if I remember right. (Probably not! :lol: )

Top record though.

http://www.discogs.com/release/128368

theledge
13-09-2006, 12:03 PM
^^^ Whoops, meant sicknote

SICKNOTE
13-09-2006, 12:36 PM
seems to be quite hard to find these days

i was listening and into the scene when alot of the tunes i mix came out

but i wasnt mixing at the time so didnt buy any of them, to find hem now is a right bastard

wouldnt mind paying 3.99 for it meself :lol:

kev
13-09-2006, 12:39 PM
loved eveything b4 they jumped on the tidy wagon(waited so long for virus to come out but wish it hadnt coz it soiled my memory of them) saw them live loads allways great was tempted to go see them this year but changed my mind when i heard a recent single. made some great tunes in the 90s tho.

Sold mine for forty quid on Banging Tunes a while back though, couldnt resist...
think its worth alot more than that could be wrong but i think i have seen that tune go for stupid money

theledge
13-09-2006, 12:44 PM
think its worth alot more than that could be wrong but i think i have seen that tune go for stupid money

:doh::lol:

I won't quibble too much on a 1000% mark up though.

Athar
14-09-2006, 08:26 PM
They are part of hard dance history in UK,
"wax" tune on choci chewns 35 and nasty and very fast tune named "stun gun" are my fav.
im not big fan of they productions but big respect for everything what they did in last 15 years,
i saw lab 4 live time ago and i have aslo good memorys.

SICKNOTE
14-09-2006, 08:53 PM
i didnt understand all of that but damnit man i like the cut of your jib

to lab 4 :toast:

Athar
14-09-2006, 09:58 PM
i didnt understand what ive typed too :lol:

SICKNOTE
14-09-2006, 10:05 PM
the idea was there and thats all that matters :lol: :thumbsup:

Si the Sigh
15-09-2006, 09:14 AM
To Lab 4... :toast:

kev
15-09-2006, 01:06 PM
:toast:

Dirtyacid
18-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Its a damn shame they have been in my eyes the best hard dance live act for years they are just pure energy i,ve seen them alot at various places pure class their best tune is THE BITCH never part with that tune its great

magneze
18-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Sold mine for forty quid on Banging Tunes a while back though, couldnt resist... :shock: 40 quid!

*goes off to search record collection*

rowland the bastard
04-10-2006, 10:34 AM
i think its a shame, used to love bumping into those guys at gigs and airports hotels etc, right good pair o blokes, seen them rock the place on numurous occasions, deadicated to there music 110% good luck with the future, hope to see you around

Aratron
04-10-2006, 02:49 PM
yeah so long and thanks for all the fish

meri
15-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Lab 4 have made a big contribution to the dance scene and I was very upset to hear they are splitting up after New Years Eve.

Adam has been working on a solo album and will be concentrating on DJ sets in 2007 where he will be showcasing his new sound.

If you live in the South West the last chance you will get to see Lab 4 perform will be 15th December at Exotic @ Banus in Weymouth. Visit www.chunes.net/exotic for more details.

kev
15-11-2006, 12:02 PM
just found out that they are playing in leeds the day before my birthday 16dec so by the time they play there set it will be my burpday. will be good to have one last stomp before they are gone

aint seem them live for about 5 years,should be wkd

~cheeky~
15-11-2006, 03:00 PM
they are also playing at logic.
2nd dec @ the fridge.

will miss seeing the lads but must admit liked their older stuff better.

FILTERZ
17-11-2006, 02:13 PM
yeah i seen lab 4 play at camden palace and at the arches.
nothing to write home about

Live

Dont you mean you saw them press play on their hard disc recorder .

AcidTrash
22-11-2006, 09:27 PM
Who are Lab 4?

Aratron
22-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Live

Dont you mean you saw them press play on their hard disc recorder .

i have seen them play twice dude.
once at the arches at headcharge - they were playing mental stuff at ridiculous speeds, tbh if you had ever been to the headcharge at that time, who and what was playing was largely instrumental, i would hvae been too busy trying to work out who looked like people from those who looked like demons and monkeys in there tbh, to give a **** about lab 4

seen em play at Camden Palace which again , me and the missus left because the place was a joke - total garbage.

theledge
22-11-2006, 11:08 PM
i have seen them play twice dude.
once at the arches at headcharge - they were playing mental stuff at ridiculous speeds, tbh if you had ever been to the headcharge at that time, who and what was playing was largely instrumental, i would hvae been too busy trying to work out who looked like people from those who looked like demons and monkeys in there tbh, to give a **** about lab 4

seen em play at Camden Palace which again , me and the missus left because the place was a joke - total garbage.

yeah they really changed their sound a few years ago. Wasn't really to my taste either

I saw them a couple of times at templehead in leeds circa 1999 they bloody well rocked it back then

278d7e64a374de26f==