PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard the Sven Vath 'Sexy Techno' MixMag CD?-opinion

Little_Fella!
14-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Dont all have a go for buying this mag.....!

There are good articles on collectors records and Dubstep...

Curiosity got me as to what the hell 'Sexy Techno' is....!!

Quite liked Cobblestone Jazz 'Dump Truck' which is a bit long but has a lovely sax goin on.. :)

Also Deetron 'Isotope' was nice but the only one I would class as sexy, imo, is Adam Beyer's 'Stereotypes'....!

Hmmmmmm..... :eh:

Technobitch
14-09-2006, 01:44 PM
i nearly bought it just to see what the cd was like but changed my mind

Technobitch
14-09-2006, 01:44 PM
was it worth the £3 odd then?

bassbin
14-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Mixmag are crap at naming their cds. The last Marco V one was advertised as "Bosh" & that it was hard dance. There was nothing even remotely "bosh" or any hard dance what so ever, more proggy it was. Anyway, there have been no new shipments of mags to my side of the state for around six months ! The only place I can get Mixmag is thru an online record store for triple the price.

I really liked Sven's cover cd on Ministry mag all those years back & was looking forward to this one but I'm not paying triple normal retail price !

kai
14-09-2006, 04:04 PM
i nearly bought it just to see what the cd was like but changed my mind

Thats pretty much where I was with it - had a feeling it'd be a load of minimal pish tbh, but used to love Sven Vaths stuff around the turn of the century.

Luckily my brothers now bought the mag so think I'll just borrow it and see for myself ;) - he reckons its really good actually - described it as quite chilled laid back techno with a groove - a description that still leaves me unconvinced.

theledge
14-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Sex sells

quite chilled laid back techno with a groove

Sounds like he's slagging it off to me mate?? ;)

wenna
14-09-2006, 08:52 PM
the deetron track is worth 3000000 quid :razz:

kai
14-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Sex sells

quite chilled laid back techno with a groove

Sounds like he's slagging it off to me mate?? ;)

No he did say he likes it along side that statement and that its good shit musically, though also said not exactly the kind of stuff he'd dance too in a night club.

There again - he's well known for talking shit and has a proper boner for out Sven Vath does and will find something he likes within it regardless!! :lol:

djfilthmonger
15-09-2006, 12:05 AM
got that mag when i was gettin on a train. not a fan of sven vath do. the cd is alright do .i wasnt a fan of that jazzy song

Dirtyacid
15-09-2006, 08:08 PM
I,ve tried to get into this minimal sounding slow techno it ain,t working i don,t think that techno should be used with this kind of music it should be tech house or strange house when i think techno i think boshy techno not slow stuff.

Dustin Zahn
15-09-2006, 09:52 PM
hate to break it to you, but some of the most classic techno records of all time are "slow stuff." Anyway, I don't have a fuking clue about the cd...but the Dump Truck by Cobblestone Jazz is great! I suppose you have to be somewhat of a jazz fan to appreciate it though.

conflict
17-09-2006, 12:51 PM
stereotypes is a tune norrit

Little_Fella!
17-09-2006, 06:22 PM
was it worth the £3 odd then?

Mixmag is now £3.95 !! which had me gagging as i hadn't looked at the price when i bought it....

Like I say, the article on Dubstep was true to form and the collectors vinyl one showed that a few of the writers do have a bit of savvy these days...

But I won't be hangin out for the nexty issue....

Mind you, there was an advert 4a gig in there offering a few various forms of dance music for any prospective punters, of which one was 'Wanky Electro'..... er.. i kid you not.... so if there is a CD purporting to educate me as to what that is then i might get my mate to buy it eh....! :cheese:

Little_Fella!
17-09-2006, 06:42 PM
got that mag when i was gettin on a train. not a fan of sven vath do. the cd is alright do .i wasnt a fan of that jazzy song

The article cum profile of Sven Vath was really interesting tho.. He is proper timeserved... although I agree with others that his earlier stuff was more to taste, but artists are morphing their styles all over the place now n he will have done it with a Mix Mag audience in mind... :)

Give the Cobblestone Jazz tune a chance as it is one of those that creeps up on you... ;) (maybe)....

djfilthmonger
17-09-2006, 10:41 PM

The article cum profile of Sven Vath was really interesting tho.. He is proper timeserved... although I agree with others that his earlier stuff was more to taste, but artists are morphing their styles all over the place now n he will have done it with a Mix Mag audience in mind... :)

Give the Cobblestone Jazz tune a chance as it is one of those that creeps up on you... ;) (maybe)....

ill give it another listen. im too mad about jazzy slow techno.the man with the red face i like defo.

djfilthmonger
17-09-2006, 10:42 PM
i meant to say im not too mad about jazzy slow techno

278d7e64a374de26f==