PDA

View Full Version : guitars

FILTERZ
15-09-2006, 03:23 PM
system 7 anyone

I recently borrowed a guitar off of a friend (SOUNDS AMAZING THROUGH GUITAR RIG ) and it needed new strings , off i went to the store for some Ernie Ball super slinky`s bought em re strung guitar and then came the tuning , this is where it went wrong , i managed to tune the top three strings ( the wound ones ) an octave higher than normal , this is quite a feat i`m told , anyway i had the whole thing turned up really loud when the three strings all snapped at the same time as i tried to tune the fourth , it made an absolutely horrendous noise and nearly blew me across the room and tripped out my mackie sub and speakers which stayed off for about thirty seconds before their little lights came back on , thank **** .

back to me machines i think .

Anyone else done anything real stoopid like this with their kit.

theledge
15-09-2006, 04:33 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trying to think of something but i just cant compete with that :lol:

RDR
16-09-2006, 01:37 AM
i had the whole thing turned up really loud when the three strings all snapped at the same time

that made my night...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Its best when they snap and stick into your finger... a PURE pain.

danielmarshall
20-09-2006, 02:38 AM
OUCH! I know that feeling all too well. It's particularly bad with the heavy gauge strings I use on my accoustic...

acidsaturation
20-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Assuming you (and your monitors) are Ok I am LMFAO at this. You plank!

FILTERZ
27-09-2006, 05:44 PM
class , takes a bow.

i amaze myself sometimes

benzene
02-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Hopefully you were recording when this happened?

S/E
14-11-2006, 04:19 PM
wow

that is a hell of a story

i really am amazed at the fact that you managed to tune those strings so high :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==