PDA

View Full Version : Liv Vs Che & Ars Vs Man Utd

french_og
15-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Two massive games this weekend, could be a couple of red cards somwhere. Looking forward to Sunday.

I know it is early season but it seems like 6 pointers already.

Hope Arsenal & Liverpool can win to close the little gap that has already opened.

Will
15-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Me too! It's funny how it's worked out like this, considering the rivalries between the top 4 have been fiercer between the teams playing each other this sunday, been a lot of animosity between Liverpool and Chelsea and the same with Arsenal and Man U, til quite recently at least... More so than with the other top 4 teams probably, even though Arsenal v CHelsea and Liverpool v Man U are more like derbies, if not derbies... Dunno about Chelsea, but I think Man U at least are favourites though...

djfase
15-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Dont come much better than these 2 games.#

Cant wait til sunday

dj casualty
17-09-2006, 10:31 PM
good stuff from arsenal,played really well,good passin,all the midfielders looked
really comfortable on the ball,rooney was pretty quiet ,first game back tho norrit

shame about liverpool,****in chelsea scum

Traxx
17-09-2006, 10:53 PM
We had enough chances to have won that game comfortably but again didnt put them away.

dee
18-09-2006, 01:12 AM
we were outplayed big time, we looked a bag of shit

Numeric
18-09-2006, 08:31 AM
i was at the game and United were awful against Arse, we were on the back foot from the start of the match and only had a couple of very brief bright spells

O'Shea was absent, why Sir Alex started with him over Carrick is beyond me, and Ole should have started over Fletcher, Rooney looked out of sorts, what a complete let down...

djfase
18-09-2006, 08:51 AM
Arsenal were great, their midfield completely bossed the game and wenger got his tactics spot on.

Rooney had a shitter.

Feel the title race will be closer this year as chelsea, playing 4 central midfielders, look like they are struggling to click

nick_anarchy
18-09-2006, 09:40 AM
arse played us off the park simple as that , team slection was a ****in joke we paid the price

Will
18-09-2006, 12:46 PM
We always win the title when we win at Old Trafford, in recent times at least! Though that was when United were the team to beat of course... It's probably lucky for Man U Henry wasn't playing or we might have hammered them, but then again the team might have just thought give Henry the ball and let him do the rest... Hopefully the confidence from this will help us break down lesser teams who just get everyone behind the ball and try and nick a goal somehow...

LittleMinx
18-09-2006, 01:37 PM
****ing lost money yesterday on the man u v arse shite :rambo:

nick_anarchy
18-09-2006, 09:56 PM
We always win the title when we win at Old Trafford, in recent times at least! Though that was when United were the team to beat of course... It's probably lucky for Man U Henry wasn't playing or we might have hammered them, but then again the team might have just thought give Henry the ball and let him do the rest... Hopefully the confidence from this will help us break down lesser teams who just get everyone behind the ball and try and nick a goal somehow...

play like that and u will come close mate , u passed & played us off the park , made us look like a part time team !

Will
19-09-2006, 02:02 AM
Hopefully! Teams will probably more afraid to attack us now though and get everyone behind the ball if the first 3 games were anything to go by... Hopefully we'll start beating these teams though to put a stop to such boring tactics... I thought Liverpool and Man U would be the teams to challenge Chelsea, but now we're above Liverpool in the table and won at Old Trafford... It's early days yet of course, but if we can win at Old Trafford we should be able to win most of our games, hopefully the sharpness is back now.

Will
19-09-2006, 02:33 AM
Great quote by Wenger :-

Prior to kick-off, in one of his delicious phrases, the Frenchman was asked if it might be time for Arsenal to consider "winning ugly" in order to overcome this hiccupping start. Wenger almost licked his lips before replying that "you are not a big club if you win ugly".

278d7e64a374de26f==