PDA

View Full Version : Football - Losing it's appeal?

Aratron
16-09-2006, 11:02 PM
before you all shoot me down!?

i reckon i'm right here (i'm not usually wrong about my sympatheic intuitive powers)

but i reckon folk are losing interest in football.

people are burnt out with it.

we need a sport. one that doesnt pander to wankers with luxury lifestyles on and off the pitch.

Miksta
17-09-2006, 02:52 AM
i agrea in a way, all the big mony men moveing in and takeing over clubs, 100+ grand a week wages? come on lol =)

english football will fall in to most other euro leuges where it will be the same few teams at the top.

Will
17-09-2006, 03:45 AM
It's arguably already more guilty of that than most! And any popular sport is going to have well paid sportmen, there's no getting away from that. But if many more clubs get taken over by foreign billionaires trying to buy success for their new play things then it will start to lose its appeal, but only then... Though that might ot be far away unless the FA and/or government pull their finger out...

Francisco Scaramanga
17-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Watch Baseketball! That pretty much sums it up, in true comedy style.

I dont think people are losing interest at all though. I still enjoy it, as do most people I know. When you're watching a great game, its easy to remember why you liked it in the first place, and its good. The only reason so much money is involved, is because so many people love it. Still, it is ridiculous at times, I think a salary cap would a be great idea.

Aratron
17-09-2006, 03:31 PM
i think random assasinations of football players mid-match would be a great idea.

theledge
17-09-2006, 10:47 PM
I agree i find football less and less appealing these days but I suppose I've felt like that for a while

More into cricket these days , it lasts five days so its better value for money

Col
17-09-2006, 11:21 PM
The salary cap would be a great idea. I think the subject popped up again last season (as it has done several times in the past), and i was under the impression that the cap was getting some serious discussion - don't know what happened though?

I think they should introduce a ticket cap - stop pricing supporters out of watching their teams.

weekender_veteran
18-09-2006, 02:15 AM
i think random assasinations of football players mid-match would be a great idea.

...................... offers to be the sniper at old trafford :cheese:

278d7e64a374de26f==