PDA

View Full Version : HELP GUYS!!

DIXON24
18-09-2006, 07:34 PM
One of my technics 1210 mk2 decks has decided to die and cut out on me. Its not the mixer as iv tried the other deck in each of the channels and that ones fine. Just went to have a mix and noticed the usaul red light never appeared no power whatsoever! Shit!! tried the fuses too! aint kept receipts or anything! Its all abit strange because although i have had them 4 years i have used them with so much care and treated them like my babys! Is this common guys and is there any advise you can give me!
:pray: Please im lost without them!

TechMouse
18-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Apparently there is a fuse inside 1210s, as well as the usual one in the socket.

If you're handy with a screwdriver you could try getting hold of a service manual.

Aratron
23-09-2006, 06:27 PM
take them to a shop which repairs thems innit, pm me if necessary.

before you go around ****ing with the internals

Barely Human
03-10-2006, 07:11 PM
More than likely the internal fuse. Dead easy to check and change. If you take it to a repair shop you will be looking anywhere upwards of 40 quid, do it yourself for the price of a 50p fuse.

Pop your platter off and then unscrew the cover. Then get a multimeter and check all of the glass fuses that you can see.

If its none of these then i think there is one more that you cant access from the top cover, if so then put the cover back on, leave the platter off and grab a couple of decent sized books, lock your tone arm, and then very carefully place the deck upside down on the books so the tone arm is not touching the table and the deck is stable. These is quite a few screws on the ruber cover that you need too remove, and if i remember right, you will also have to remover the rubber feet. The rubber cover can be quite stuck on so give it a little bit of persuasion, and the check the fuses in there.

ps - remeber to take the fuses out before checking them as you may get a false postive if you leave them on the board.

DIXON24
29-10-2006, 12:44 PM
It was the main fuse inside cheers for the comments people your life savers!

278d7e64a374de26f==