PDA

View Full Version : The way 2 tha future!!

DJZeMig_L
08-10-2003, 09:51 PM
Lot's of talk how the next machines will b...

Software is a bit of a concensus but still there is the prob of piracy 4 the companys ... also the more we depend on the cpu the more we notice that the PC/ MAc is starting not 2 coupe with the stress...

So I have been thinking that the new gadgets will 2 of 2 forms...

OEM sort of format... with a no thrills small box (packed with electronics and DSPs) and some sort of connector (Bluetooth/ Mlan/ Firewire).. with the software as a front end...

KB/ controller format with the Knobs/Sliders but all the front end is software!! ... the pricey way but at the same time closer 2 what we have while retaining some of the advantages of the software way!

Both sort of represent the perfect way 2 fight piracy while retaining the quality/ stability of results under any platform!

Let me know yer thoughts!!!

Z

audioinjection
08-10-2003, 10:53 PM
but w/out piracy we can't learn the programs :lol:

miromiric.
08-10-2003, 11:12 PM
yes that might be the future, something similiar to protools. butt defo software is da thing.

DJZeMig_L
09-10-2003, 02:06 PM
U can still learn with demos or even hacked copys of the real thing but with out the hardware the software will probably b way 2 heavy 2 use in full effect...

Software is definatly the way 2 go.. but I would b glad 2 have external dsps 4 each... imagine buying a "reaktor" that u can use about 32 instruments with no stress on yer computer... etc...

Z

thoughtintruder
09-10-2003, 05:47 PM
U can still learn with demos or even hacked copys of the real thing but with out the hardware the software will probably b way 2 heavy 2 use in full effect...

Software is definatly the way 2 go.. but I would b glad 2 have external dsps 4 each... imagine buying a "reaktor" that u can use about 32 instruments with no stress on yer computer... etc...

Z

That would be perfect and pretty much all you would need is reaktor. Add a nice controller surface and you have a beast of a machine.

miromiric.
09-10-2003, 06:04 PM
totally! it is pretty frustrating when i have to use one instrument from reaktor at the time and then export to audio.

bornaa
13-10-2003, 12:44 PM
yes, yes, we all wanna try the FULL progges b4 we buy them...khm...khm... :roll:

hardware/software fusion is a great idea....proggies would have a better feel to them and u could get more out of em n it would all be like hardware with a much much lower price.....hmm.....would we see the cracking groups making cheaper hardware clones then? :shock:

Jimfish
13-10-2003, 07:49 PM
be sweet if you could go by a virus, plug it in your pc via firewire then controll it as a vsti or standalone and use internal audio off it as well as hardware audio ins/outs..

I think my nuts would boil right over if they did somthing like this :)

DJZeMig_L
13-10-2003, 07:56 PM
The is a virus and an Indigo TDM version !! outputs depend on yer soundcard.

the closest 2 what we r talkin is Clavia Nord Modular... and chameleon machine!

:shock:

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==