PDA

View Full Version : Skkatter Chart / Mix / Set Times @ EC

Electric City
20-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Skkatter Chart:

1) Jimmy Edgar - Color Strip (Warp)

Warp Records may be going down the Designer's Republic illustrated toilet but Jimmy Edgar is the rubber plunger that may yet rescume them. Hyper edited rnb coupled with some chopped up homages to The Egyptian Lover earns this a Skkatter approved stamp.

2) Technasia - Recreations Vol 2 (Technasia)

I picked this up between hangovers in Prague during the weekend. Four years old but well worth another spin.

3) Oliver Ho - Air EP (Meta)

I first heard Sunil play this down in The Vaults when he was supporting Alexander Kowalski, the B side "Hearts of Darkness" uses a sample of Dennis Hopper's speech from Apocalypse Now to good effect.

4) DJ Jack Rock - Big Chunks Of Love (Wir)

The third release on this offshoot of Treibstoff records. Like the artist's name suggest, this tends towards the jacking end of the techno spectrum, but with enough of a hint of Berlin to make it into Richard Brophy's record bag (of whitelabel promos he didn't pay for)

5) Urban Tribe - Biohazard 17284 (Rephlex)

Downbeat and moody atmospheric stuff from a group that counts both Carl Craig and Anthony Shakir amongst their number. Not one for the club this Thursday but well worth checking out if you're looking for some brain music after the party.

6) Besier / Lorber - Micropacer (Nummer)

More DSP techno from Frank Lorber and friends. Giles Armstrong is a big fan, the first time I heard anything from this label was when Giles played a 2 Dollar Egg track down at Electric City when Vitalic was over.

7) Robert O'Dell - Cazelica (Citinite)

When I first heard this I thought it was Jamie Lidell in disguise. Mr O'Dell could easily be his long lost brother, both drawing equally from the potent cloud of funk exhaled by the likes of Rick James and George Clinton, but wrapped up inside a Max/MSP patch.

8) Surgeon - Floorshow Part 1 (Counterbalance)

One of the few hard techno acts I enjoy, Surgeon shows that he's still on form with this long awaited release on Counterbalance. Techno doesn't get much better than this. His Communications album has also been reissued so go check it out!

9) Gosub - The Future Is Enslaved EP (Point One)

Good electro records have been few and far between this year, Gosub have yet to disappoint though. Since I first spotted them on Brian Flanagan's Device Records label (Brian's the guy that designed a lot of the artwork for Skam Records and he also records as one of of Gique and Datathief) I've bought their stuff on sight. The Drexciya influence is a big one but that can never be a bad thing.

10) Monolake - Alaska Melting (Monolake)

Deep, dark and very moody dub-techno workout from the guys that invented Ableton Live, the B side is probably the best Monolake track I've heard in quite a while. Alan Smith gave the A side a spin when he was supporting Jay Alexander down at Electric City a few weeks ago and it sounded great on a loud system.

Mix:

Dublin techno boffin Philip Ryan has kindly commissioned a DJ mix from Skkatter which is now available at his website: http://cypher-musik.net/Skkatter-FeelingSineThanks.zip

Set Times:

1.15 - 2.30 -- Skkatter
12.00 - 1.15 -- Oisin Murphy
11.00 - 12.00 -- Eddie Brennan

/////PM for free entry\\\\\

------------------------------------------------------------------
EC Ticket Bureau @ Selectah Records / www.tickets.ie

electricity and Lunar Disko present..
Saturday October 7th @ The Underground @ Kennedys, Westland Row, D2

I-F [Viewlexx / CBS / Murder Capital - The Hague]
DJ Simon Conway [electricity]
Barry Donovan [Lunar Disko / Electric City]

Doors 11PM / Tickets e12.

Electric Shock #5
Saturday October 28th at Temple Bar Music Centre

Poker Flat Records Party:

Steve Bug [Poker Flat - Berlin]
Donnacha Costello - Live [minimise / Poker Flat] Eddie Brennan [Electric City]

Doors 11PM / Tickets e20

Electric Shock #6
Friday November 3rd at Temple Bar Music Centre

Kne' Deep Records Party:

DJ Rush [Kne' Deep - Chicago]
DJ Bold [Kne' Deep - Berlin]
Rian Ryan [Electric City]

Doors 11PM / Tickets e20
Electric City
Thursdays @ Wax
Powerscourt Townhouse
Sth William Street. Dublin 2.
Doors 11 until 2.30
Music: Minimal / Italo / Techno
Membership at www.electricity-dublin.com
Supported by Tiger Beer - www.tigerbeer.ie
Forthcoming Guests:

Thursday September 28th - e10 / e8 with flyer

Legowelt - Live [Venom 18 / Viewlexx - The Hague]
Barry Donovan [Electric City]
Dan Power [Electric City]

Thursday October 5th - e5 / Free with flyer before 12

Ascinoid - Live [Seedy R]
Will Kinsella
DJ Simon Conway [Electric City]

To subscribe to the Electric City members list send a mail with 'subscribe' in the Subject field to: electricitypromotions@eircom.net

278d7e64a374de26f==